Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chabat's Diary

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chabat's Diary - Page 2 Empty Re: Chabat's Diary

Post  Vypra Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:49 pm

16th Aug

There's so much going on the moment, its hard to keep track. Deyy has gone missing and now we have another elf here with us at the bluff...i haven't spoken to him yet as he's from the House of Sylvanas and i can't help but be a little wary.

I suppose i should have seen this disappearance of Deyy's coming after what she said to me...i really hope she's going to be okay. I feel kinda useless sat here, but Ryleen has been out looking for her and if she can't find her i don't see how i could.

I had a letter from Vypra this evening. It was a bit mysterious really. She said not to eat anything from sunset tonight and to meet her in the pools of vision tomorrow at dusk wearing something suitable for a ritual.

I'm so nervous but excited too...i've never took part in something like this before.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 pm

18th August (morning)

I slept in a little today. It took me a long time to get to sleep after the ritual last night. There is a sense of expectation hanging over me, as if i've left something unfinished...

I bumped into Ryleen, Gando and Star last night after i'd finished in the pools of vision. It seems like things have come to a head with the House of Sylvanas so i expect tonight's meeting to be an interesting one. I'm a little apprehensive, but with everybody else around me i think i'll be okay...i wonder if He will show up...

Last edited by Vypra on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : date correction)
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 am

18th August (Night)

Its hard to beleive, sitting here in Ryleen and Gando's tent, that tonight a war may have just begun.

Sitting across from me, Malicestrom our 'Hostage' from the House of Sylvanas, seems relatively calm about the situation. Myself, i'm not sure how we got away with nobody being seriously hurt, but it opened my eyes to how things can go so badly wrong...

We had the weekly meeting first. Snicka warned us about the planned exchange between us and the House. It seems like Shadowtroll was somehow involved (which was why me and Ryleen saw him on the road from Razor Hill). Gen'jin, who we hadn't seen for a while, told us about some trouble he'd had with his nephew ((?)) and that he would be setting out tonight to go search for him.

That got me thinking about Deyy of course and Snicka asked Ryleen if she had heard anything but of course she hadn't. Star told us that she had heard something over the spirit-link recently and both she and Ryleen mentioned that Deyy seem quite scared and, by the sounds of it, she may even be trapped somewhere!

Ryleen and Gando both got their promotions offcially (which reminded me what Ryleen had told me about Jimar leaving the guild because of this Hostage thing) so they are now Witchdoctors of the guild and Ryleen will be the guild treasurer.

We had another new addition to the guild last night too. Screwtape told us a bit about herself and took the oath. It was a bit rushed and Zanick and Star had to go get Malice as it was nearly time for the exchange.

I'm so grateful to Star...she was really there for me tonight. Ryleen was busy trying to help Snicka in his negotiation with Lord Archnazg so she had other things on her mind...not to mention being injured, but Star was really supportive, i'm sure she's going to be a wonderful mother.

So, there we all were, facing the House delegation. I was kinda hinding behind Star most of the time so i wouldn't have to look at Tivak.

Poor Snicka, i don't think he's had to deal with a politician like Lord Archnazg before. He refused to listen to anybody except Snicka and then made it look as if Snicka didn't have any idea what he was talking about. It just wasn't fair...Snicka had been on Yojamba Isle while most of this was going on! Me and Ryleen tried to help by telling him stuff through the spirit-link, but it was hard because Archnazg kept saying things 'weren't relevent' and 'didn't excuse us kidnapping a member of the House'. Then he said he would let us take Tivak...if we returned Malice and Snicka went with them!

It was all too much...i couldn't help it...i just started crying. We just couldn't let them take Snicka away just because he authorised the kidnapping...and of course, the worst thing was, Malice agreed to it all... but we couldn't tell them that!

I had a bit of a shock then, Jimar turned up from nowhere...just sauntered up and started drawing some kind of symbol on the ground. Things kinda went from bad to worse then. Archnazg claimed that the penalty for kidnap was death in his eyes...huh, and he had the nerve to call us trolls!
Well, Snicka could hardly just walk off to his death just for authorising a kidnapping! When he refused to go with them, Archnazg got really mad. Ryleen quickly made a portal and me, Star and Malice and Gen'jin went through quick as we could before the fighting started.

I think i heard over the spirit-talk that Ryleen managed to make it to Orgrimmar and tell the Warcheif but i didn't get chance to ask how she went on.

Anyway, Gando got back shortly before i started writing this so at least i know he's fine and Sen'jin village itself wasn't attacked!

I guess i'll find out what else happened sooner or later but i'm gonna try get some sleep now. I planned to go back to Silvermoon and start my studies again tomorrow. I've let things hold me back for too long. i can't keep hiding away in Thunder Bluff forever and although i'll miss Ryleen and Gando, i have to do this now even if things are more dangerous than before.

(p.s. I just realised...I wrote Tivak's name twice...and i didn't even notice! Oh...and i remebered something else too...he didn't seem very pleased at all during some that confrontation tonight...i wonder what made him so angry? )
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:24 pm

1st September

It’s been a little while since I’ve written here, what with catching up with my studies and such, but I really need to sort through some things…

Tivak…Is gone. Ryleen told us that she, Liontooth and a couple of others finally hunted him down. Ryleen made sure he won’t be coming back too as she cremated him and kept his bones.
It’s terrible to think of his soul lost in the nether but I know Vypra, for one, would say that was what he deserved.

Still, Tivak’s death was small consolation to what Deyy had to tell us. I think that’s the first time I’ve seen her so angry.
Poor Star…I don’t know how she will ever recover. I guess physically she will be okay… eventually but to loose her baby by a deliberate act of poisoning, it’s just too cruel.
Add to that, the fact that Ryleen seemed to think it may have been Emeline that did this!

Ryleen told us that Tivak had named a few people as his helpers…and that Em was one of them, that she helped him of her own free will! I still can’t believe it. Of course that is what Tivak would have said. Em betrayed him and he would have wanted to make her pay for that…I just don’t know what to think. Emeline helped me escape and gave me the salve that has been slowly clearing the sores I got from the disease Tivak infected me with but Ryleen says there is a cure…I can’t help but wonder; did she know about it?

To think of all the people that have been defending Emeline, myself included…Oh, I hope so much that Ryleen is wrong about her.

After I got over the shock of hearing about Star, I really tried to pay attention to every word the others so I wouldn’t have to think about it so much.

Zanick said the rest of the things we needed to discuss would be pretty everyday compared to the news about Tivak and Star but it did the trick and helped me calm down a bit.

I know some of the others still aren’t totally convinced about us joining the Blood pact, but in the end we all accepted that it would at least give us the chance to keep an eye on the House of Sylvanas.

Ryleen and Deyy had been to the meeting called by the Scarlet Moon about their ideas for an alliance. Ryleen didn’t seem too impressed by Seidra and I think she managed to put him off a bit longer by saying it was for Snicka to make the final decision. Still, she mentioned that another elf had sent her a letter and that she was going to meet with him and see what he had to say.

We finally welcomed an orcish emissary to the guild who will hopefully take his oath as soon as Snicka has had chance to speak with him and Garsarokk took his oath and became on of our kindred. Astroth (that the Orc) seemed kinda stern but Garsarokk seemed really nice. I’m sure he’ll fit in with the Heritage well.

Finally, Zanick talked about the new masters positions. As nobody else had stepped forward, Gulzayne became master of Lore and Voodoo… (which kinda reminded me I needed to speak to him after the meeting) I’m sure he’ll do a good job.
I think both Gando and Rezip had been interested in the Battle master position so Snicka will have to decide between them when he gets back and we still don’t have a Task master but I guess that will come with time.

After the meeting, I had a little chat with Gulzayne about those dreams I’ve been having where the Bat keeps sitting on my wrist…and he said He has the same! He showed me the tattoo of the bat on his wrist and it turns out Hir’eek is his patron Loa too! I finally realised what Vypra had meant about me having to carry her symbol…she meant I have to have the tattoo as well. So, Gulzayne is going to perform the ceremony for me…I’m really excited and proud that I have the same patron as him. He said when I dream of Hir’eek I should pay special attention in case she wants to tell me something.

Just before we left, Gulzayne asked me if I’d seen Jimar recently…well, I haven’t since the last meeting. Gul said not to worry, that Jimar could look after himself but I’d like to see him again. It seems so long ago that he gave me that shell that I have on my necklace…
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:50 am

8th September

It was nice to see the guild at this weeks meeting. There weren't many of us but i'd been stuck in Dustwallow marsh all week studying with some humans there (strange woman...the first thing she did was set a demon on me!).

I hadn't expected to see Star though, not so soon after loosing her baby. I feel terrible...it really was Emeline that hurt her. Still, seems like the Tauren saw through her lies, even if i didn't. (That reminds me, i stoped using the salve she gave me...but i still need to ask Ryleen about the real cure for the disease Eme and Tivak created ).

I tried my best to comfort Star, the way she she'd done for me, i don't know how much good it did but by the end of the meeting she did tell us all about what had happened. Gulzayne said he will help her find her Patron Loa, like Vypra did for me, so we might be getting our tattoos together!

Oh, that reminds me, some pirates appeared in the village about half-way through the meeting. I never really did get why they turned up but it made me think of Jimar and the time he said he wanted to be a pirate...its a long time since i've seen him now. Well, my studies are keeping me busy...i don't have to think about the fact that i miss him...

Time i finished reading that book on techniques of magical amplification and dampening...
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:24 pm

16th September

Life can be very harsh sometimes it seems. All I ever wanted was to help my tribe and my friends…I never thought I would have to deal with so much, never realised how much I’d been protected from the reality.

I was already all mixed up after seeing Emeline in Silvermoon. I hadn’t expected to see her again…I guess I thought that, with everybody pretty much convinced she really was the one that hurt Stargazer, she would have gone into hiding. I only realised later that she was right…Silvermoon is pretty much the safest place she could be. The place tends to be pretty quiet, what with the Guardians stomping around keeping the peace…

I don’t know what I was thinking when I started talking to her. I sort of had some vague idea that maybe I could get her to give herself away somehow…or admit that it had been some kind of mistake and she hadn’t meant to hurt Star at all.
I almost came right out and asked her…but I was too afraid (I mean, what would I have done if she had confessed?) and she seemed really upset about the fact Star had lost her baby… I was so confused; I just didn’t know what to do so I left her sitting there with that look of polite concern she always seems to have…

I was really early for the meeting but I didn’t know what else to do with myself so I went and sat with my old teacher for a while and then went up so try and clear my head before anybody else showed up. It didn’t really work though. I couldn’t concentrate properly…I know there was a new girl there…she was meant to take her oath, but in the end she didn’t get chance. An Orc showed up at the meeting and seemed to be ordering us not to attack Shadowtroll if we saw him (like I would anyway!) despite the fact that Shadowtroll has either severely wounded, or even killed our Orcish emissary (I didn’t really follow what was going on so I’m not sure if Snicka just thought Ashtroth couldn’t have survived or if he really did see him die). In fact this Rokalm seemed more concerned that Gando had fought and tried to kill Shadowtroll! (I don’t understand politics at all).

Anyhow…it seemed like no sooner had Rokalm left, than Shadow himself turned up yelling challenges (so much for the promises of protection!). The others all ran down to find him but he was able to attack Zakirma and Ryleen before he ran off. Lucky Deyy was there to heal them…it really tired her out though because they were both hurt real bad.

Snicka decided it we shouldn’t carry on the meeting after that and everybody went off. I kinda hung around not really knowing what to do as I didn’t really want to go back to Silvermoon right then. Deyy was still getting her energy back after all that healing but she could tell there was something bothering me and I told her what happened.

I always feel better after talking to Deyy. I know now I really should have told the others about it at the meeting but I’m sure I’ll get chance soon and then we’ll be able to decide what to do about Emeline.

(( as you can see, the poisoning of Sen'jin village's water by a certain sneaky forsaken will be giving Chabat some serious guilt trips! ))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:12 pm

24th September

I’m never drinking again! I mean it! I don’t know how people can do that to themselves. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so ill in my life…even when Tivak was experimenting on me (though I was kinda out of it then with the fever and all so I don’t really remember it exactly).

I only went to the Brewfest to try and cheer myself up after the meeting. It looked like so much fun riding the rams so I had a little go and then a goblin offered me a free drink…and the next thing I really remember is waking up in a tent feeling like my head was going to fall off (I’m sure there was a point where the place was attacked by Dwarves but everything was so fuzzy by that point I could have imagined that bit).

I think I finally get why people say they did something stupid because ‘It seemed like a good idea at the time’.

The meeting was doomed from the start I think. Zanick told us through the spirit link to meet in Camp Taurajo as the villagers in Sen’jin are still trying to deal with the poison there and she’d had a warning that there is an assassin after Snicka.
And of course we didn’t want Shadowtroll attacking us again (nobody seemed to think Rokalm could live up to his promise to keep him away after what happened last week).

Not that it worked. We’d barely started the meeting when he turned up in the camp with a couple of his gang. I wish we’d just hidden in the inn, he might have thought we weren’t there and gone away but Deyy is so angry after he threatened her she just couldn’t stand there and listen to him shouting without going to confront him.

Well, I don’t know how they manage to communicate, but Shadow must have let Rokalm know what was going on as he turned up soon after. Shadow did his usual disappearing trick and Zanick and Deyy ended up trading insults with His men while Ryleen argued with Rokalm. In the end he just turned round and said he wouldn’t bother to try and protect us from Shadow anymore (not that we’d be able notice the difference!!!) and we left.

…And that was how I ended up at the Brewfest. I saw some people barrelling through Orgrimmar on those rams calling out about the festival and thought it might cheer me and stop me feeling so useless.

Seriously…never again!
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:43 pm

5th Oct.

I feel a little frazzled today. Star healed the worst of my bumps and bruises last night but the effect of using so much arcane energy isn't removed so easily.

I've been getting more worried about Jimar over the past week. Its so long since i last saw him, i'm sure something bad has happened.

I'd been bugging everybody over the spirit-talk about it. I spoke to Ryleen and she said she had been looking for Jimar in Stranglethorn ( she hadn't had much luck finding him though and even the Zandalari trolls at Yojamba hadn’t heard anything from him).
Djinja offered to ask his sister if she would ask the spirits for help but I thought I would brave the savage jungle tribes to look for any signs of him, seeing as I was in the area anyway.

Well…what can I say? Those Bloodscalps are really unfriendly! I’d got past the camp at Balal that the trolls at Grom’gol had mentioned, pretty much undetected but as I headed North, I came to a more solid looking encampment (Zul'Kunda, if i read the signs right).

These guys had regular patrols and looked nasty enough that they might have kidnapped a lone traveller (I tried not to think too hard about why they would want to do that or what would happen if they captured me too!). Anyhow, I managed to get around the guards okay…but as I was looking around, I turned a corner and ran straight into a couple of Scouts and one of their mystics.

How I got away with my skin in one piece I don’t know but like I said, I’ll be paying for all the magic I used for a couple of days! My fingers are still tingling from firing all those arcane missiles! Still no sign of Jimar though...
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 am

13th Oct

I always feel safe at the Bluffs, it’s nice and cosy here. Listening to the rain on the roof of the inn is nice and relaxing, though I think Vypra was disappointed. I left her sat in her wolf-form scowling out of the doorway, as if that would stop it raining so she could go out and hunt.

I’m so happy Jimar is back safe and Vypra isn’t really angry with Deyy…its like I was carrying a big load of worry around with me and now its gone!

It was another one of those evenings where we thought it would be a really short meeting. Only me and Gul’zayne were there on time. Zanick said the zeppelin had been delayed so that made her a little late ( I don’t tend to use those things anyway, It’s easier for me to use magic these days).

Anyway, when everybody did eventually turn up, Zanick told us how well the first patrol went last week and reminded us about the ‘fight night’ they plan to have tomorrow. It sounds kinda fun but I didn’t do any studying tonight so I should really do some then…although, they may need somebody there to help patch up any cuts or bruises that people pick up.

Deyy told us that the meeting she and Snicka were to go to on Sun-day was a bit of a disaster. It’s a bit worrying that Snicka didn’t turn up (he wasn’t at our meeting either, so maybe he got called to Yojamba to consult with the priests there or something?) but like Deyy said, it wasn’t like he missed much.

There wasn't much else...oh, except that Gul'zayne said he would be doing the tattoo ritual with me and Star soon and Deyy said that Emeline was still helping the villagers get over the poisoning.

After Zanick ended the meeting Deyy told me she thought it was about time i went to see Vypra again. I had kinda been avoiding her i guess, so i went to Ratchet. She was at the Keel doing a stock check for the bar but she finished up pretty quickly and we went up to the room she rents above the general store.

We had a good chat, sat up on the veranda. I'm still not really sure i understand how she feels about Emeline now. It seems the spirits can be quite vague when it comes to their demands. Vypra was sure they had instructed her to make Eme pay for what she did but now it seems, to her, they chose to favour Deyy's plan instead. Still, for now, she's okay with it...although she did say she was watching -very- carefully for any signs that they want a harsher punishment.

I did tell her that Deyy was keeping an eye on Eme, but she just kinda grinned...not sure what that was about.

Well, time i got to bed. Trying to write when i'm tired gives me a headache.

(( sorry this one is posted so long after the events. not had much time to write lately Razz))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 am

((Kinda interesting to read Chabat and Vypra having discussions, when I know both characters are played by you; I guess these are never actually happening in-game. Smile ))
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:10 pm

((actually, they sort of do...i go somewhere quiet and switch between characters Razz))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:04 pm

20th Oct

There always seems to be some bad news. Zanick told us tonight that Snicka may have been involved in a Zepplin crash! The crew managed to survive ok, but there's no word of any of the passengers. Zanick said not to worry too much and Star said she'd try and search for him but tirisfal glades is a kinda big area to try and search. I don't think even Zanick's that sure we'll see Snicka again any time soon.

Rezip managed to cheer us all up again by throwing pumpkin masks around. He was really looking forward to fight night tomorrow. I think some of the guys are hoping he will be able to beat Zanick as she was the winner last week.

Gul'zayne says he and Star are going to do her spirit quest on third-day so if all goes well, we should both be able to have our tattoo ritual on one-day next week! I'm all nervous and excited at the same time!

Oh, it seems that the House of Sylvanas had invited some of the guilds to a Scourge hunt on third-day. I'm not sure how many of the heritage would go. Everybody said it would be too much trouble trying to tell the Forsaken from the Scourge!

Anyway, i'm going to have to ask Deyy more about this party that Zanick mentioned for Fifth-day. Its on Fray island just off the coast from from Ratchet. I hope i can make it. I'd love to go to a party with costumes...and more candy. Maybe i shouldn't eat any more until then. If i eat as much as i did last night i'm going to make myself ill!
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 pm

((The writing is slightly cramped and a little smudged in places))

28th Oct

My arm was a little too sore for me to write last night and i still felt a bit light headed so i thought i'd leave it 'til this morning.

So, last night Gul'zayne did the tattoo ritual for me and Star! It was really good, and so many of the guild turned up to watch it. I think Gul was really pleased at how many showed an intrest. There's always some of the older trolls saying how the tribe is 'losing the old ways' and this was a chance for him to show one of our old traditions to some new people. Even our emisaries, Deyy and Ashtroth came along.

We must have made an impression at Grom'gol, all us trolls gathered there on our raptors (Star was on her Kodo of course ). Then Gul'zayne led us out through the jungles to this really pretty place where he'd got food and drink ready for us to have after the ritual.

Me and Star had to chew this funny little root that was to help numb the pain from the tattooing and we got changed into some clothes that Gul gave us (i think that was just so we didn't get our robes messed up by the ink but it did make it seem that bit more special). I'll admit i was a little scared of Gul'zayne when i got back. He was wearing his Voodoo mask and looked really impressive.

He'd mixed up sme stuff for the tattoos and then he began to invoke the Loa. Jimar was doing the drumming (he was really good and i was so so glad he was there it helped me get over my nerves...though that could have been the roots starting to work ) and we all started to dance. The feel of the energy around me was amazing.

I kinda surprised myself by saying i would go first. I was starting to feel a bit restless with drumming and the others dancing... and it just seemed -right- that i should.

I'm glad i did too, the first cut hurt more than i thought it would but i used the breathing techniques that Vypra taught me and slowly i started feeling like i wasn't totally alone in my head any more. The sounds and smells around me grew stronger and i felt like i was all wrapped up in furs. I felt like Hir'eek was really there and reminding me that i'm hers now.

Anyway, next thing i remember, it was all done and Gul was telling me i could go sit down while he did Star's tattoo. I didn't though because i wanted to dance with the others. Jimar was still drumming away even though he was starting to look a bit tired by then.

Star was great, she didn't move one bit all the way through. Her tattoo was more complicated as it was the tree of Healing. It was lovely when it was finished. Lukou will take care of her now and help her get over all the terrible things that have happened to her.

And that was it...well after a bit more dancing anyway. Deyy was really enjoying herself and i was so happy when she told me how proud she was. Jimar closed the ritual and thanked the spirits and then we had a bit of a party.

At the end we all went our seperate ways and i made a portal for me and Star to get back to Orgrimmar (it was -supposed- to be the Bluffs but my head was still a but fuzzy and i made a mistake). I went to the inn to get some more candy and there was Vypra, sat on the step in her wolf-form. She must have been really tired 'cause she diddn't even get up and bark at me. She just wagged her tail while i told her about the ritual. She must have drifted off to sleep part way through though because she was snoring by the time i got to the end. She was gone when i got up this morning. I hope she's okay. I suppose she must have been helping defend the city against the scourge attacks.

They seem to be over for now but i'm going to head to Silvermoon and see if they need help there...and i want to see if Inethven has any new books for me.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:17 pm

4th November

There’s a kind of chill in the air these days and I have to wonder if it’s more than just the coming winter.

Our meeting was kinda …what’s the word?...subdued I think. Deyy and Rezip both seemed distant and Gorico’s brother, Corigo, passed on the news that his brother had gone to join the spirits but it was Gen’jin’s prophecy that really gave me the shivers.

None of us have seen Gen’jin for a long time (I hardly even recognised him when he first arrived ) and he told us he had only come back now to warn us of a terrible vision he had.

He seemed convinced that the scourge have much worse in store for the living. Their leader, this ‘Lich King’ people keep talking about, has some kind of stronghold in the North and Gen’jin told us that the Horde will go to war there. For some reason, something bad was going to happen to Zanick and that would make the Horde fail. Well, She was pretty surprised that she could be so important to the war effort (and it was only when she said about not being any Warlord that I remembered we still haven’t heard anything about Snicka) but Gen’jin told us not to worry because he had a plan to make sure it didn’t happen.

So next week, instead of the meeting, we have to bring some flowers to the Undercity…or something like that anyway.

I think if I see Jimar I’ll ask him if we should make an offering to the spirits for guiding Gorico’s soul to the after-life. It’s a shame his brother has only joined us now but Corigo seemed like a nice troll. He was very honest in admitting that his brother was in debt to the guild and was very reluctant to accept Zanick’s decision to waive the debt.

After we finished talking about that, I told Zanick about a letter I got from Vypra. It mentioned a meeting that was called by the House of Sylvanas about some problems they were having with Shadowtroll and his pirates. Vypra thought we should know what was going on as we have had so many problems with him too.

Deyy seemed quite stirred up about that at least. I really think she wants Shadow to pay for what he tried to do to our emissaries ( ‘deal’ with them is how she put it I think). Star seemed a bit shocked by how strongly Deyy spoke about that but I think it’s been coming for a while. If something isn’t done, he’ll just keep on hurting us and our friends and none of us want to see that keep happening.

Anyway, its not something I really want to think about. I’ll be happy when I don’t have to worry about my friends if I don’t see them for a few days…
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:26 pm

17th Nov

I’ve been so busy with my new studies that I forgot to write in my diary last week. There always seems to be so much going on its hard to keep track sometimes. The ritual in the Undercity was pretty intense. Having those people from the House watching us was really unnerving but the ritual was a success and Gen’jin’s visions proved to be very accurate.

(( http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00927ka1.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00928lw8.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00934jv5.jpg ))

Zanick reported a little about the Horde’s offensive in Northrend at the meeting last night. It sounds very strange. The Lich King’s army is bad enough but there’s something about the idea of giant humans that gave me the shivers!

We were all glad to accept Corigo as a kindred after he recited the oath. Ryleen was happy to vouch for him. It seems she’s been very busy since returning from her own studies in Silvermoon. She assured us we don’t have to worry about Shadowtroll anymore. A couple of his men showed up and threatened to take out a contract on us with a group of alliance assassins if She didn’t tell them how to undo whatever it was she did to him. I don’t know if was just meant to scare us (it worked on me ) but Ryleen and the others seemed fairly confident they could handle whatever these pirates could throw at us next.

(( http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00912hd5.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00913fq5.jpg ))

Rockalm turned up too but things got a little confusing at that point as we’d also been hearing Stargazer’s voice over the spirit link telling us how Rezip had attacked and kidnapped her after the ritual last week. Gul’zayne and Gen’jin were trying to figure out some way of finding her through a vision quest or scrying ritual or something and I made a portal for them to Orgrimmar so they could catch a flyer to the Bluffs and find the place Star was taken from.

We all seem to be training hard, getting stronger…I hope one day I’ll be a powerful as Ryleen. That was one of the things Rockalm said…he was kinda scared of how strong her magic was. I don’t think he understands us though, we never wanted to hurt anybody but people just won’t leave us alone. We have enough things to worry about with Snicka still missing and Rezip going crazy …and I miss Jimar too. I haven’t seen him since the tattoo ritual. Last time he went missing he’d been captured so I can’t help but worry.

I guess the only thing I can do is to pray for Hir’eek to protect us all and help me learn as much as i can so i can help out when things get bad.

Last edited by Vypra on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added screenies)
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:12 pm

(( the writing is sprawling and the page is tearstained))

2nd December

I can’t sleep. After the meeting, I wandered for hours, not really paying attention to where I was going. I just had to be by myself. I know Star and Gul’Zayne have both been through this and want to help but I’m just not ready to talk to them yet…anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself as usual.

When I got to Sen’jin there were two Orcs wanting to talk with Zanick. The House of Sylvanas seem to causing problems (again!) and the Orc clans want us to join with them against the House. Zanick was more than happy to accept. I didn’t quite follow all the ins and outs but it looks like I’ll have to avoid the Undercity again for a while. Still, I’ve been able to get to Silvermoon without using the translocation device in the ruins for ages now so it shouldn’t be a problem.

After they left, Gul’Zayne asked us to consider allowing a strange troll to work with us. He introduced Tahle and between them, they explained what had happened to him and why he wanted to join us.

This Tahle is a Death Knight (Gen’jin had to explain to me what that means…it sounds horrible!) and there was a lot of worry that the Loa may turn away from us if we allow this troll to join the Heritage.
From what I understood (and I admit, I’m still not totally clear about this) Death Knights were warriors that fought against the Scourge and were raised from the dead, totally under the control of this Lich King everybody talks about these days.

So far, they seem pretty much like the forsaken we all know but Gen’jin insisted that the Death Knights were actually quite a bit different. They were more powerful than regular forsaken and could also raise up the dead…that was definitely the thing he was most worried about. Loa Samedi –really- doesn’t like that but Gul’zayne said he would take the risk. Then Tahle told us it was Loa Hethiss that allowed him to get his memories back. He knew that he had done some really bad things but he wanted a chance to start putting them right again by helping us.

Zanick agreed that Tahle should be allowed to prove himself and we all went along with that although Gen’jin was still worried and said he would pray -very- hard to Loa Samedi for understanding

There was also a bit of news of what people had been up to in Northrend. Star told us a bit about the Drakkari. I was so disappointed to hear they had all gone mad. I’d hoped to learn more about them but Gul’Zayne and Star said the Drakkari had killed their Loa to get more powerful and there was nothing we could do to help them.

It was good to see Star looking a bit better. She was more worried about Rezip though. Gul’Zayne thinks he’s not coping very well with what happened to him. It kinda made me think about what Tahle said. Having somebody else controlling you and not being able to stop them…how -do- you deal with that?

Rokalm made an appearance at the meeting too. I’m kinda starting to feel sorry for that Orc. He doesn’t seem to know what to do with himself anymore. I would have thought there were plenty of opportunities for a mercenary to get work up in the North…I maybe seeing all those Warsong Orcs up there makes him feel awkward.

Anyway, before he got the chance to tell us why he had come to see us again, a messenger arrived with a report for Zanick…

It’s so hard for me to write this but I have to…even though I can hardly see the words right now…

The messenger came to report that Jimar had been killed in Northrend.

Last edited by Vypra on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm

I cried myself to sleep after writing that. It’s just so hard to believe he’s gone.

I thought of something else too…I started writing this diary because I was meeting so many new people and learning so much since I joined the heritage it was hard to keep track of it all. At least I have the thoughts and feelings I had about him written in here.

Anyway, I guess I should carry on from where I left off…not that I really heard much after the messenger’s report. Star was brilliant…I cried all over her so I didn’t hear what exactly had happened to Jimar. Both she and Gul’Zayne were really nice and said if I needed to I could talk to them when I was ready as they had both lost somebody they loved.

I remember Gen’jin being upset that his vision had come true about one of the guild dying in Northrend even after everything he had dome to try and stop that …but Jimar didn’t come to the ceremony…he didn’t get the potion like the rest of us so it wasn’t Gen’jin’s fault.

I’ll have to remind him of that when I see him. He shouldn’t feel bad. I think that’s part of why this was such a shock…I never even expected Jimar to go to the North.

Like I said though, I wasn’t ready to talk to anybody just then. Pretty much everybody had left and just Deyy and Zanick stayed behind talking about how to improve Zanick’s armour to give her more of an edge. I think they kinda forgot I was there because when I finally said goodbye and teleported away, they both looked a little surprised.

I caught a zeppelin from Orgrimmar to Brill and then rode to the Sepulchre so I didn’t have to go into the Undercity to catch a flyer. I had some vague idea that I should do something constructive so I headed to Hammerfall to help out in the makeshift hospital there. The doctor had a lot of injured soldiers in from ongoing skirmishes in Arathi Basin so I did what I could to help patch up some of the less severe cases.

A few hours of cleaning wounds and changing bandages made wonder why on azeroth people have to fight so much all the time. I could see why Jimar was always so against it. We were pretty much trying to put those soldiers back together just so they could go out and fight again.

Eventually the doctor told me to go home and get some rest and that, if didn't have anything else to do the next day, i would be welcome to come back. He looked a bit grumpy when i said i didn't think i'd be able to make it so i just gave the soldiers a quick wave goodbye and teleported back to Orgrimmar.

I still couldn't settle down to anything so i just wandered round the shops that were still open...and thats how i ended up with this new hair cut. I was walking through the cleft of shadows and a goblin practically dragged me into her shop. She was gabbling on about discounted rates for young people and getting the 'new look' for the winter veil festival (i'd been looking forward to that...i'll be fifteen this year but i guess there won't be much reason for me to celebrate now) and started messing about with my hair before i could really object. I quite like the colour... It kinda suited my mood at the time...though i can't help but feel a little silly now. I just can't get used to it being this short!
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:07 pm

8th December

It’s so peaceful here tonight. I’d forgotten how relaxing the sound of the waves can be…I should probably spend a little more time in Sen’jin. I guess a have a reason to stay after the weekly meetings now.

Zanick led the ceremony for Jimar. It was wonderful. She said just the right things. I can’t believe I knew him less than a year…and most of that time he was off doing things by himself. It shows how special he was that we’ll miss him so much despite that.

We all had some offering for the spirits, even if it was only our thoughts (Vypra sent a flask of rum!). I tried not to cry…Star did her best to help me too. It must have brought back memories for her about Oyhomas and her baby but she did make me feel a bit better.

Eventually we all went back up to the meeting. Rokalm had arrived while we had been busy with the memorial. I can’t say I’m sorry for him after everything he told us but at least he showed respect for our loss and our traditions.

If only we had met him before Shadowtroll had …but there’s already too many ‘if only’s. The best we can hope for is that he keeps the Bloodsail pirates away from us!

At least we have Ryleen and Gando’s wedding to look forward to. I sent a letter to Vypra already asking her to get in touch with Ryleen about the food and drink so we can help out there. Umagaur is going to do the ceremony …I’m sure it will be great. It’s a shame Gul’Zayne won’t be there but I guess it can’t be helped. They’ve been waiting so long for the right time to get married; they have to go with what feels right for them.

Star and me sat and talked for a little bit after everybody left. I feel pretty selfish as I realise now, I never asked her recently how she’s getting on after what happened. All that stuff with Emetine seems so long ago…but I guess it doesn’t to Star.

I felt really bad when she said she felt I was like a sister to her. A real sister would have looked out for her more…but it did remind me that I’m not alone. In fact I seem to be collecting ‘sisters’. Vypra was the first, but now I have Ryleen, Deyy and Star too. I seem to have more family now than I did when my parents were alive!

Star talked a bit about the tauren that found and raised her. I wonder what it was like growing up as the only troll around.

It’s really too dark to write anymore now and I want to stay here tonight anyway. It will be nice to have the sound of the sea sing me off to sleep.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:19 pm

It took me a little while, but I’m feeling a bit better about some things that happened lately. I don’t feel too ashamed of myself to write it down now at least…

The thing is it was just so stupid. Running around stranglethorn on my own, bumping into Shadowtroll, and them running straight into some nasty Zanzil trolls…If I’d just kept my head I could have teleported back to Orgrimmar where it was safe. Instead, I ended up getting Ryleen hurt, just because I was too scared to think clearly.

Anyway, I met a new friend and we went out to the Hinterlands together. Ketania is really brave and funny. She was hoping to get paid for headhunting the Witherbark trolls while I wanted to learn more about the Revantusk tribe but we managed to help each other out.

I haven’t really seen her since which is a shame as she was so good to be around but I’m sure we’ll bump into each other again.

We met in the new place this week. There’s not been any word from the Greywolfs about the attack on the humans yet so unless they don’t plan on telling them until the last minute, we still have some time…I keep hoping the Warsong will see sense and change their minds about it …I know it’s a childish but I’ll keep wishing for it anyway.

Ryleen still hasn’t heard anything about the antidote for the blight either. I hope nothing bad has happened to the people working with it. Apart from the fingers Shadowtroll cut off, she already had the burns from handling that stuff. Her poor hands must be so sore.

Lyranne was late to the meeting but just in time for Zanick to tell her about her new place in the Heritage. We all decided that the role of emissary wasn’t making her feel as much a part of the guild as any of us would like and that it was time Lyranne became a Bloodsister and an honorary troll. Zanick is going to see about arranging a suitable initiation ceremony for her.

We had a bit of a chat about what tattoos she might have when Ryleen confessed she never had any either! I was a bit surprised but then she reminded me she ran away from home before she was of age and never chose a patron Loa. It would be great if the two of them did the ritual to find their Loa and got their tattoos together like me and Star did.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 pm

19th Jan

I can’t believe how quickly this week passed. I was given a huge amount of Mageweave cloth to work with so I’ve kept myself busy learning some new tailoring patterns. The new robe I made is lovely…maybe a little low cut at the back for my taste but it looks good with my tabard so it’s not too bad.

I hope the others didn’t mind me mentioning it at the meeting but the lunar festival is coming up and it would be nice to make my friends some new outfits for the occasion.

I hope Ryleen is okay. She seemed really worried about that bounty. I can’t believe that mean Orc saying she’s a traitor. I’m just praying to Hir’eek that her plan works out. We all have to remember not to talk about knowing where she is too although I think its probably best that she doesn’t really tell us where she’s going to be so we don’t let it slip by accident.

Vypra’s friend Gwenderlin joined us this week. She seems really nice and was offering to help Ryleen all she could too. The new way we allow non-trolls to join us was explained a bit and she looked keen to be a part of it so that’s good. I can’t wait for Deyy’s bloodsister ritual now. I’m getting really excited and it takes my mind off other things.

I haven’t seen anything like this before and I love learning new things about our history and traditions. That reminds me…I heard the lunar festival was originally all about druids defeating some demi-god that had gone mad so I want to see if I can find out more about that. Maybe I can get the pattern for those pretty festival dresses too…

(( big thanks for the mageweave Corigo Very Happy ))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 pm

26th Jan

It’s so nice to be able to write this with nothing bad hanging over the heritage!

Whatever Loa has chosen Ryleen must have been watching over her tonight. The Tauren, Garviel (the one that –should- have fought the Orc Krusg in Ashenvale), duelled a death knight of the Warsong blades to prove her innocence.

When he insisted on an all out fight, I was so scared I could hardly watch! The undead Orc had one of those horrible ghouls and everything…I was sure Ryleen was going to have to go into hiding…but the tauren won (I was so relieved I started crying).

The other Orcs that turned up to support the undead one didn’t seem very happy but He seemed quite pleased it had been a good fight. He shook Garviel’s hand afterwards (I think that must be an Orc thing as I never saw anybody do that before) and then Star took care of their wounds.

The fight attracted a bit of a crowd and we had two new trolls come to our meeting afterwards. Zuljah, a priestess in training and some fellow that seemed to be a travelling food vendor (well, he was offering popped corn anyway…whatever that is).
Zuljah seemed really nice. She heard some stuff about the Heritage and I think she must be quite young, maybe the same age as Star, as she said she was looking to learn more about troll history and traditions so Zanick welcomed her to the guild as an Outsider.

The pop-corn vendor turned out to be a pirate! He claimed he was one of Shadowtroll’s crew but left the Blackhands some time ago. I didn’t quite follow why…his speech was a bit confusing but he said he could be useful to us so we decided to give him a chance. Zanick said he would have to complete a task for the guild to prove himself before he could be accepted as an outsider. I wonder what he will be asked to do.

Anyway, Ryleen told us that Gando won’t be around for a while as he’s been called to fight in Northrend. I guess it will be hard for her as she probably still needs to stay away from that Agmar for a while. There’s some stuff that should help take her mind off that though. Lyranne’s Bloodsister ritual may be held as soon as next week and the Lunar festival is fun.

I went to Moonglade after the meeting to talk to the Druids about it. It was really interesting to find out about the whole story behind the festival and I joined in the dancing and bought a pattern for those pretty festival dresses (I can’t make those yet as it’s a bit more complicated than other stuff I can sew, but I’ll work on it) and then they transported me back to Orgrimmar as it was getting quite late by then.

I hope Lyranne manages to enjoy the festival too…she was a bit upset as a friend of hers had died recently. There’s always some sad news but I must be getting better at coming to terms with these things. I didn’t even cry about Jimar, though I still miss him lots.

Well I guess I should take advantage of the light from the festival lanterns and get some studying done.

Last edited by Vypra on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ((why didn't anybody tell me i got the date wrong :P )))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:26 pm

2nd Feb

I’m so tired…I wonder if my life is always going to be this complicated. It always seems that just as we deal with one problem, something else jumps up.

I’m kinda glad Ryleen caught me before the meeting so it wasn’t as much as of a shock but hearing that Jimar is still alive was nothing compared to what the Orc from the Warsong Blades told us.

To think that Jimar doesn’t remember us at all is really hard but nowhere near as bad as knowing he’s part of their clan now. Especially as they plan to punish him for not following orders.

I know Ryleen and the others were trying really hard to make the Orc understand that Jimar would never make an oath to join the Warsong if he was in his right mind but its going to be tough to make our case as they won’t seem to let us visit him before his punishment (I begged the Orc to let me see Jimar and it only seemed to make him angry).

I kinda missed most of the rest of what he said as I was so upset. I think our troubles with the blades just got worse though.

I don’t remember the Orcs ever being so harsh and mean as they seem right now. Ryleen is right; something in North just seems to get to people. It’s like the cold freezes them up inside and there’s no warmth left in them. It left me feeling pretty numb myself.

I think I would have been just stuck in that state if it hadn’t been for the troll that turned up as we about to leave. I felt really sorry for him. Orgrimmar is such a big, noisy city and coming from that quiet little valley where the Shatterspear live …well, he seemed pretty freaked out, it just made me want to forget everything else and try to calm him down.

At least there is one good thing happening at the moment, the Heritage seems to be building a good reputation among the other trolls. Then there’s the ceremonies for Ryleen and Lyranne to look forward to…I just need to keep reminding myself of those things rather than the bad things.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:45 pm

9th Feb

This will be the last time I write in this book. I’m looking back at the hopes and fears of a person that doesn’t exist any more. She was cut away by the Warsong Blades as I stared at the bloody mess they left in their cruel execution of their Martial Law.

What started as our weekly meeting turned into battle of wills between the Heritage and the Blades and cruel words were met with crueller actions that left me cold.

We all agreed that the Orc’s refusal to return Jimar to us was an insult to us. Just because we are not a military organisation, we should not have our concerns disrespected in such a manner. The Orc’s summary dismissal of our right to claim Jimar as one of our own demanded action and Zanick and Ryleen agreed that an expedition into Ashenvale to thin out the ranks of the demons infesting Felfire hill would demonstrate that we are not simple peace-talkers like the Greywolf tribe.

We were all eager to show our defiance of the Martial Law and we rode out through the Talon gate and into Ashenvale, shouting challenges as we went.
As we hoped, the Blades were there to see us fighting the demons, however, they still claimed our actions broke their law and that we would bear the consequences.

Angered at this open refusal to recognise our right to hunt in the woods, we continued on our way planning to harvest skulls from the outpost of our ancient enemy, the Night Elves to offer to the spirits that they might bring down a Curse upon the Orcs.

As we approached Astranaar, the full impact of what we were doing hit Stargaazer. Raised by the Tauren, she has been conditioned to their way of thinking and the taking of innocent lives as we attacked the village upset her greatly.
It felt some distress at the idea but the Sentinels had attacked me without provocation in the past while I had tried to ride through the forest. It was only the sleeping villagers that woke to this invasion that I felt for. However, I stayed outside the village with Star as the others went about their grim work. She refused to speak to us as we left and I think it was only the shock at what happened then that made her do so later.

The screams startled me and I was already trembling with nerves when we saw the Orcs ahead. At their feet lay the crumpled form of a troll female, her head skewered by a Warsong spear.

I thought at first I was going to be sick but the abuse of the Orcs as Star made futile attempts to revive their victim, pounded through my head. I felt as if somebody lit a fire in my soul and I shook like a leaf while it consumed me. The scene was tinted red as the blood that soaked into the forest path and for the first time in my life I felt the overwhelming urge to bring forth the arcane power and obliterate something for my own satisfaction.

Right then, the sounds of the Orcs’ screams of pain would have been the sweetest music and it was only the shock at the unfamiliar feeling that held me back long enough for the Orcs to go on their way.

The journey back to Orgrimmar was subdued. If the others spoke I didn’t hear them properly. Returning to the Spirit Lodge, I tried to avoid the realisation of the changes to my entire world that had come to pass. Grorjin, gentle soul that he is, seemed overwhelmed by our seriousness and the ghost of my old self tried to put him at ease.

Star made her outrage at the attack on the Elves very clear and Ryleen and Zanick’s seemingly calm replies only angered her further. As She left there was a sense that she had cut herself off from the spirit link and I don’t know how we will persuade her to join us again.

There was also no further communication from Lyranne. Her voice, sounding weak and confused, had come through while we were discussing…maybe arguing is the right word…over the spirit talk about the Elves as we reached Astranaar.
I wonder how she will take the news that we killed those people in cold blood…and I say –we- because I did nothing to stop it and, had I been in the village myself, I now believe that I wouldn’t have even tried.

((to be continued...))

Last edited by Vypra on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:46 pm

The rest of the evening passed very slowly as I began to adjust to my new sense of self. I had never hated anyone before and the realisation that I hate those Orcs and everything they stand for stood out in my mind.

The Horde I remember, glad to help rescue the Darkspears from the Humans but not to wipe them out, seems to be dieing too, replaced by a cold military machine that will crush any that stand in its way.

And what of Jimar? Is he even the same person anymore? I didn't think the Jimar I knew would ever join the a group like the Blades, no matter what. The fact he got in so much trouble and disobeyed orders could be that he was starting to remember who he was...but even if he still is the troll I fell in love with...his Bats is gone.

I may only be 15 winters old but i am a part of the heritage and not a little girl anymore. My studies so far have been unfocused and more about satisfying my curiosity. Its time I learned to stand tall and proud like my ancestors. The Zandalari are keen scholars and feirce warriors. I may not be a warrior at heart but i will not run and hide from danger anymore. I can learn to support my freinds and help defend our allies. The Orcs of the Blades will have to take back the things they said about us and see that the Warcheif was right to include the Darkspears in the horde.

((Phew! this was a long one Wink This is the end of Chabat's Diary but there is going to be a journal instead. I want to make the distinction as, from here on in, she is finally growing up. I apologise in advance for the next couple of weeks when she will likely be a bit emo. It's a phase, i assure you, she will pass through fairly quickly.))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2