Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chabat's Diary - A new Chapter

5 posters

Go down

Chabat's Diary - A new Chapter Empty Chabat's Diary - A new Chapter

Post  Vypra Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:54 pm

((i've started with a little summary to bring those who've not read the earlier 'instalments', up to speed Very Happy ))

I’ve kinda got into the habit of starting a new diary for each new chapter of my life so it seemed about time I got writing again.

The first ‘Chapter’ was the record of my new life after leaving Sen’jin village. I spent some time with Vypra (my sort of adopted older sister) but, eventually, she decided that her lifestyle as extreme sportswoman and shaman was not the right environment for a shy 14 year old like me and so I was ‘encouraged’ to join the Heritage of Zandalar.

Joining the Heritage was like becoming part of an extended family of the kind I noticed others were part of, but I’d never experienced before. I was only 8 winters old when I was orphaned and it appeared I had no other relatives. My new friends soon made up for that and, despite some terrifying experiences, I’d never been happier.

The second ‘Chapter’ really started with my being accepted as an apprentice mage in Silvermoon though at the time I was more concerned about the activities of the Warsong Blades. Learning magic with the Blood elves was not something I’d thought would even be possible. Elves and trolls had always had a history of bad blood and I’d be lying if I said my classmates accepted me easily but, shy as I am, one or two felt sorry enough for me to make the effort to help me with the difficult task of understanding their customs and speech, while we studied the arcane arts together.

When the Kirin Tor finally opened their city to the Horde, I was happy to relocate to Dalaran’s new site above Ice crown. For the first time, I met and studied alongside humans and gnomes and of course, the High elves. Despite the constant threat of the Lich King and his scourge, it was a wonderful time, full of new things to see and learn. However, in the end, it was not the Lich King that put the Heritage in the greatest danger but those who had escaped his control.

I could have said the next chapter began with our move to the jungles of Stranglethorn but even though our long conflict with the House of Sylvanas led us to a new home, exile from the Horde, a lot of heartache and near disaster, this new beginning came from a very unexpected direction. …
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Chabat's Diary - A new Chapter Empty Re: Chabat's Diary - A new Chapter

Post  Ryleen Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:29 pm

(( ooh, really looking forward to reading this!
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 am

6th July

Sitting here outside our hut, it strikes me how much has happened in my life since I passed my 16th winter. If somebody had told me that the Heritage would be exiled from the Horde and I’d be married before the year was out, I’d have thought they were crazy…

Though being married in itself was not nearly strange as how I met my husband (that’s the first time I’ve ever written that…I love being married).

Kaz, my Kaz that is, didn’t even exist just those few short months ago. When Kaz’jo joined us, He was a former Bloodscalp warrior; quick tempered and impetuous…exactly the kind of person that makes me want to hide behind the furniture, to keep a barrier between me and whatever impulsive thing they do next.

Then…and I’m still not exactly sure how it happened, Kaz’jo became possessed by a dark spirit. If I understand it right, from what others have said, this spirit was created by a some kind of curse that made all his anger, fear and despair manifest. Ryleen and the others tried so hard to drive out the bad spirit, but it was too much a part of him for that…in the end, Kaz’jo sacrificed himself…the spirit and Kaz’jo were separated from the body and bound in a sword to prevent the spirit killing us all.

Somehow…a new person was born out of this. He had none of Kaz’jo’s memories and experiences…he was like a young child in many ways. He was confused and scared…and I fell in love with him. Finally, here was somebody I didn’t feel afraid of, somebody who needed me, who I wouldn’t just be a burden to.

Some didn’t trust him. They were sure it was some trick of the spirit or that Kaz would begin to remember his old life and return to his old behavior…and then there was Hadunka’s reaction.

(Speak of a spirit and he will appear…Had is back!)
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:07 pm

7th July

Where was i…right, Had came back last night.

I was busily writing away when he appeared…almost in exactly same place where he’d told me he loved me, raged at me and then left me in tears at the thought that I’d lost yet another friend.

I felt …and still do to some extent, that I’d betrayed him somehow. I’d always thought he saw me as a little mouse in need of gentling. It never occurred to me that he felt anything deeper. Hadunka always seemed so self assured, commanding even…what could I possibly have to interest him?

So he left and most of the animals he was training seemed to disappear too…apart from the little ape I’d named Shi’ma. She stayed, with Kaz and me in our hut, using Hadunka’s torn tabard as a blanket.

I was a little apprehensive when I noticed him standing there ( i don’t know how long he’d watched me before deciding to approach) but I could see he’d changed too while he’d been away. He was even more commanding than before; as if he’d found something about himself and that knowledge made him more sure of his path in life.

He told me he’d even come to the wedding though he’d kept himself hidden and I was glad about that. It meant all my friends had been able to join me for the happiest day of my life.

And then…to top the emotional tree I’d been climbing, his heightened senses confirmed something I’d been hoping for…though I’m still not ready to think about it yet. Writing things down kinda makes them more …well, real (…and that sounds silly now I read it back but it doesn’t change how I feel) and I want to absolutely sure before I tell anybody else.

Just when I thought I couldn’t get any more jumpy, Kaz arrived. Had already apologised to me for how he’d acted when he left ( if anything, I should have been the one saying sorry for being so unobservant of his feelings) and of course I’d forgiven him but he still wasn’t sure of my Kaz.

Fortunately, Had greeted my husband (there it is again) as the brother he had before even while expressing his concerns and Kaz took it all with good grace as he always does.

So now it seems, for the first time in a long while, that I can feel safe to plan for the future and Kaz has plenty of ideas. They may change as we go along…and in fact, we already changed our minds about opening a shop in Dalaran. With Antu’rah a safe haven once more, neither of us is eager to leave our friends behind and, as much as living in the mages city has been a great experience, I think by the end of the year I’ll be wanting the peace and quiet of our valley more than easy access to books…

Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Vypra wrote:7th July

I was busily writing away when he appeared…almost in exactly same place where he’d told me he loved me, raged at me and then left me in tears at the thought that I’d lost yet another friend.

First time ive heard what actually happened.

And it looks like chabats story, or this chapter, will be an sweet one.
Euphrati
Euphrati
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:21 pm

14th July

I'm so happy and excited right now I could just burst.

Firstly, Kaz is busy making me another present...I'm feeling so spoiled at the moment but it seems to make him happy, making things to surprise me with all the time, though I think he'll have to make me a trunk to keep it all in soon...but anyway, that wasn't the best thing.

We were sitting by the fire listening to Gen'jin handing down punishment to Lahni and Euphrati (those two are going to keep him very busy inventing things for them to do if they keep disobeying his orders) and Kaz suggested we go on another trip.

I said we should head to Winterspring as I know he like hot springs (and we're less likely to get into trouble in Goblin towns) but it made me realise that I would have to tell Kaz about my condition.

I'd been hoping to try and get some other confirmation than Hadunka's say so before telling anybody. Not because I don't trust Had, but I wanted to be really sure (i mean, Ryleen was told ...and it still took her a while to let the rest of us know). However, Kaz isn't stupid and spending that much time together, he was going to be very aware that I'd been ill every morning and more tired than usual...and he already knew I was keeping a secret from him.

So that was it...i kinda just said it. “I'm pregnant”...and he was so happy it made me wish I'd told him sooner.

Well...time I started packing...
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 pm

20th July

It's been a wonderful few days here with Kaz in Winterspring. We've made a lot of use of Vypra's wedding presents now...I'll have to find some way to thank her...though I'm sure she'll manage to thoroughly embarrass me while I'm at it.

There's plenty of other things to be getting on with once we get back though. I'll be picking up some writing equipment once we get to Booty Bay so i can finally get teaching Kaz how to write. Then i should make a start on designing some new clothes for Ryleen and me. Our current outfits won't fit us for that much longer...though Ry does have a head start on me.

Of course that means I'm going to have to get around to telling everybody that I'm having a baby too...maybe I'll wait until dinner on Friday...

Its probably a good time to focus on my inscription as well. If i can do a deal with Vypra to bring me the herbs, i have everything i need either in Antu'Rah or Booty Bay to practice with ( i wonder if Vypra will be able to tell I'm pregnant without me telling her...more than likely, especially if she's in her spirit-wolf form. Had said he could tell my scent had changed so I'm sure She'll be able to).

Time to head home.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gul'Jun Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:24 am

Congratulations kaz and bats! cheers
Gul'Jun
Gul'Jun
Headhunter

Back to top Go down