Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild meeting on 11th May

+2
Lyranne
Zanick
6 posters

Go down

Guild meeting on 11th May Empty Guild meeting on 11th May

Post  Zanick Mon May 12, 2008 11:24 pm

An interesting meeting, but one which I think Dey will be glad to forget. Here's what happened.

Ryleen and Dey were able to confirm that Barzovia had been seen alive. He had been raised from the dead somehow by the power of the blood-god, Hakkar. In order to repay the Soulflayer, Barzovia (or the troll-shaped abomination that looked like him) had threatened Dey. 'It' said that it would take Dey's soul and give it to Hakkar. Dey took the only course of action that she could. She struck Barzovia down and his body was burnt to ashes. Only his head now remains and his brother, Rezip has that. So Barzovia is finally, finally gone.

There was a lot of discussion about what should happen to Barzovia's head and how we should make sure that his spirit is finally at peace. Djinja wisely suggested that the head should be placed in the Zandalari temple on Yojamba Isle and that we should hold a ritual, led by Rezip, to ensure that Barzovia's spirit truly leaves the mortal world behind. We wished to seek the advice of the guild's most senior witch doctor, High Priestess Kemsha, but no-one has seen her for some time. It was agreed that the final decision on what to do belongs to Rezip. Whatever he decides, the guild will support.

On another topic, I had heard a rumour in Orgrimmar that our new tauren emissary had told someone that he was not in our guild anymore. Ryleen knew no more than me about this. I haven't received any letter from Denrai, so maybe the rumour is untrue. But it's not a good sign that this sort of talk may be circulating in the city. Ryleen and I will try to speak to Denrai about it.

Ryleen had to leave to attend to other matters and, as the meeting drew to a close, our blood-elf emissary, Dey began to feel increasingly . . . distracted. It seems that she was convinced that Barzovia's spirit was talking to her or perhaps actually appearing before her. She seemed to be very upset by this, but as far as we could tell, there was no sign of a real presence from the spirit world. Fortunately, Dey's good friend Walya was there to offer her comfort and support. Chabat tried to dispel whatever evil hex might be affecting Dey, but her magic had no effect. Perhaps this was because Barzovia's shade was purely in Dey's mind . . .

The meeting ended with Walya taking Dey somewhere to rest and hopefully escape the disturbing presence in her mind.

Zanick
Steward of the Guild

FOOTNOTE: However we act to bid Barzovia's spirit a final farewell, we need to involve Dey so that she can rid herself of these haunting images. I suggest that we discuss the matter here and decide what must be done, with the agreement and involvement of Rezip, of course.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Guild meeting on 11th May Empty Re: Guild meeting on 11th May

Post  Lyranne Tue May 13, 2008 10:49 am

After the meeting, Dey was talking to Walya, shen she saw Barz in her lace, she fled to the waters edge, where she was near hysterical. She eventually calmed down and became lucid.
Chowlawu, searching for his friend, headed to Sen'jin, worried that she may be in trouble, as he had not seen her for some days, and knew of when the Heritage meets.
Finding Dey and Walya, he stayed with them all night. Eventually, Ryleen and Gando also returned to Sen'jin to see how she was. Ry seemd deeply concerned for Dey and became convinced that the head needed to be as far away as possible. Dey panicked, and as Yasiria arrived, she became emotional and afraid to share the burden, insistant that Barz was threatening her with an army, and was still after her soul.
Refusing to allow anyone to relinquish her of Barz' head, Walya had to restrain Dey as Ryleen took it from her. Scared and angry at this 'betrayal', she tried to struggle free of walya, and lashed out a Ry, Scratching her.
Immediately feeling ashamed, Dey collapsed, sobbing.

Yasiria, Chowlawu and Walya intervened, when it became apparent that not only was she not eating, but she also seemed in denial. They challenged her to lift her mace, which she failed to do. They got her to prove she was okay my changing into some older clothes - a dress that was figure-hugging was now more like a drape, though she couldn't see this herself, insisting it had always been that way. She became increasingly paranoid, and started insulting her friends, calling them liars, in league with Barzovia, and just trying to hurt her. Eventually, after Dey insulted and upset them greatly, Yas turned Dey to face her, who seemed uncaring as to what she was doing. yas asked her if she really though they, or she could hurt her, to which Dey replied coldly, Hurt, and angry, Yas slapped her.
Again returning to a more peaceable state, she looked upon her friends and realised they were all crying.
It took a little while longer to make her acknowledge she has problems, though she seems to have made headway in this regard, having now eaten a small amount, though still reluctant. She accepts that her friends perceive she has a problem, but as yet still seems somewhat unconvinced of it herself. She is now resting at Thunder Bluff, on the Elder Rise, with Walya and yasiria keeping her safe.

OOC: I agree that Dey needs to see Barz completely put to rest, or else she'll continue to hear his voice. And apologies again for taking ahold of the meeting slightly, but she just keeps getting into these predicaments. *points to the collapse at the meeting hat indirectly lead to this sorry situation*

Anyway, I hope it was at least... interesting.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Tue May 13, 2008 11:55 am

I have taken care of Barzovias head. After Dey told me about hearing voices, I decided it best to take the head away from her. I talked to Rezip, and he told me he had no interest in the head. Me and Gando brought it to Yojamba Isle, where I burned it. There is nothing left of Barzovia now, and hopefully this means he is out of our lives for good.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue May 13, 2008 11:56 am

Chabat left the meeting quite upset that she wasn't able to help Deyy, although she knows that this is due to her youth and inexperience. Despite a quiet consultation with Un'Thuwa, she couldn't settle to anything during the rest of the evening but eventually she tired herself out running errands all over Hillsbrad, pushing herself to try and attain greater control over the arcane energies.

She was too tired to create a portal to Orgrimmar so she returned to the inn in Ratchet via her hearthstone where she made as many notes on Deyy's condition and her own limited knowledge of the arcane as she could (including a short list of people she wants to speak to for advice) before falling asleep.

((Basically, i'm hopping onboard this to give Chabat a good reason for hassling all the magic users in the guild for info. Wink I hope i've already got her portrayed as a studious type, so this should flow on ok. I'll also need to go do teh Scarlet Monastary Quests soon, so a trip the Libaray for a peek at the books of the great Arcanist Doan should fit in too Smile ))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Tue May 13, 2008 1:37 pm

((Ooh, how I wish I hadn't boosted through the monastery so many times, Chabat - that place is almost boring now. *hugs Chabat tearfully, and nods apologetically*. I can easily boost the place though, really. So if you are in need of it, just say so *smiles*. Also; Good idea, Chabat, it's a great way to get involved with the guild))

I'm glad that Lyranne shouldn't be hearing voices, but as it's in her head, I suspect it may take what Djinja said, and her going to yojamba Isle (apollies if I've spelt that wrong) to pray, and seek peace... though whether she's in the right frame of mind, I don't quite know.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Tue May 13, 2008 2:25 pm

(( I can also boost you, Chabat. And I'd love to rp more with you. Didn't we say Ry would try to tutor Chabat? Could be nice for Ry to focus on something not as difficult and upsetting as most things she's been involved with lately.))
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Too bad Barzovia's head was burned... I'd have been glad to see him return as a supervillain with an artificial body. (Just like Richard Nixon in Futurama)
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barzovia Tue May 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Barzovia says: I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again! Rolling Eyes

Pro tip:

In 1992 National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation program announced that Richard Nixon, in a surprise move, was running for President again. His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again." Accompanying this announcement were audio clips of Nixon delivering his candidacy speech. Listeners responded viscerally to the announcement, flooding the show with calls expressing shock and outrage. Only during the second half of the show did the host John Hockenberry reveal that the announcement was a practical joke. Nixon's voice was impersonated by comedian Rich Little.
Barzovia
Barzovia
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/user/keithmintage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down