Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eiseth's Application

+2
Ryleen
Zul'Ros
6 posters

Go down

Eiseth's Application Empty Eiseth's Application

Post  Nvm this Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Character name: Eiseth
Character race: Troll
Character class: Warrior
Character level: Currently 61 and rising!
Professions: Non yet

Why do you want to join us?: I heard that you guys were one of the best roleplaying guilds around, and you're mostly trolls! Do I need more reasons than that? ^^,

How often do you play WoW?: About... every day or at least every other day

Roleplaying experience: Played DnD since 2nd edition and still does

Character history: Right... a story thingie.... I'm usally crap at these >.> But here goes!
Eiseth has a bit of mixed heritage which results in a more greenish skin than the rest of the darkspears. All she knows about her father is that he was a forest troll. She's been trained in the use of heavy armor and almost all the different weapons in the world. She prefers axes, maces and shields. She's usally quiet and keeps to herself, but can often act without thinking of the consequenses(?). Still a young troll, she wants to explore all of Azeroth and learn all she can about fighting. She also wishes to find her father, even though her hopes of finding him is slim.

Notes: I'm a nublet ^^,

Nvm this

Back to top Go down

Eiseth's Application Empty Re: Eiseth's Application

Post  Zul'Ros Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm no expert on troll lore (yet), but there's at least one thing that might get you in trouble Smile
I really doubt any Darkspear troll would train a woman in the use of heavy armor and almost all the different weapons in the world (why would a woman need those skills,anyway?). So either Eiseth was taught all this outside of the tribe, or she's really young (and still, it's unlikely).
Anyway, that's just a little tip and in no way an attempt to ruin your application Very Happy
You can use any excuse for it that seems fit though. After all, imo roleplaying isn't about following the Lore, but rather the ability to twist it in the way you want (to e certain extent, of course). Very Happy
Zul'Ros
Zul'Ros
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Zulros has a point. Up to just a few years ago, women were very opressed in the Darkspear tribe, they had little to do in life except cooking and produce children. But I'm sure it's possible to come up with a reason why you'd be different Smile

I think all of this sounds very good, and you're welcome to join us. Either contact one of us to arrange an ic meeting and interview, or show up at one of our monday evening guild meetings. (Or friday evening guild dinners, that works too)
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nvm this Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:10 am

What about.... she's self learned? ^^, Trained with herself on her spare time? Surprised

Nvm this

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 pm

I don't really see this as the problem tbh. there are any number of ways she could have found people to train her to fight.

Its the mixed heritage thats more tricky. Given the timelines we've worked out, her forest troll father somehow came into contact with a darkspear female before they left their islands...but i'm sure we can come up with something. Snicka was half Amani after all Wink
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 pm

This brings up an interesting point. Are we assuming that, throughout the hundreds (or even thousands?) of years that the Darkspear Tribe was living on one (or perhaps several) of the Broken Isles, there was no contact with the mainland?

We trolls may not be famed for our seafaring skills, but the tribe somehow managed to sail to the Broken Isles in the first place (unless the goblins ferried them there) and they later sailed to Kalimdor (in either their own ships, or repaired orc ones). So they must have had some ability to sail the seas. It seems at least feasible that, during these years of exile, there was some limited contact with the mainland.

The Tribal Elders may have sent envoys from the Broken Isles to the Eastern Kingdoms to gather news about the hated Hakkari and the current situation in the Vale. They may also have made contact with some of the Forest Troll tribes, seeking potential allies. There may even have been some trade between the Darkspears and other tribes or races to get vital materials that could not be found on the rain-swept islands. Perhaps the goblin trading ships sometimes stopped at the Broken Isles.

Before the Darkspears were forced to leave their island home, humans (from Kul'Tiras?) built an outpost on the Broken Isles. Perhaps, for several years prior to that, there were many sightings of human-built ships sailing close to or even visiting the isles. That may have prompted the tribe to send a small band of brave scouts across the seas to the east to find out if the humans were a potential threat to the trolls. Maybe one of those intrepid trolls was Eisath's mother . . .
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:34 pm

see, i knew somebody would come up with something Wink
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:08 pm

hm.. perhaps both the mixed heritage and warrior training could be bound together.. We already know that darkspears used to have several wives, and that giving wives was seen as a valid way to make piece with former enemies/build alliances.. Wouldn't it be possible that her mother was given to a forest troll man?
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Giving a troll wo'mon as a peace offering, or as a gesture of good faith in negotiations? Hmm. Maybe so. (But if anyone was so foolish as to try to give Zanick away as a offering, then peace would NOT be the result!)

Or perhaps Eisath's mother was not formally wed to her forest troll father. Many trolls are probably the result of brief relationships, and troll society may not look down on those sorts of encounters or on any troll children born as a result.

Perhaps the Darkspear envoys and a Forest Troll group were together long enough for Eisath's parents to become 'friendly'. Could there be some great untold story of adventure here? Perhaps the two small groups of jungle trolls and forest trolls were forced to work closely and help each other to survive some great danger or terrifying ordeal . . .

*Enters daydream mode*
Attacked by a high elf hunting band while travelling through the Hinterlands, some of the Darkspear group are captured, the other Darkspears seek aid from the Revantusk trolls and together they risk all to save the captives! Or, captured by Witherbark raiders in the Arathi Highlands, the Darkspear envoys earn their captors' respect when they use their cunning to save the Witherbark village from an attack by humans from Stromgarde! Or, the Darkspear envoys are ship-wrecked on the Arathi coast and the survivors are forced to join the slave crew of a pirate ship. Amongst the crew is a forest troll warrior who frees them, but he remains behind to allow them to escape!

Oh, there are so many possibilities for a great story.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowtroll Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Zanick wrote: Or, the Darkspear envoys are ship-wrecked on the Arathi coast and the survivors are forced to join the slave crew of a pirate ship. Amongst the crew is a forest troll warrior who frees them, but he remains behind to allow them to escape!

Oh, there are so many possibilities for a great story.

Sorry to interlude but yes this story is by far the most plausible Smile However there are truly endless variations how a female troll could have learned the art of war and being a crossbreed between forest and jungle troll, as about said Snicka is THE best example for that and no one ever argued about if that is possible or not.

Just my 2 pieces of eight.
shadowtroll
shadowtroll
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82K_C4Rnctc

Back to top Go down

Post  Nvm this Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Wow O.o You guys do really know your troll lore it seems x) And thanks for all the good suggestions and such! : O With this many helpfull people I'm soooo gonna love this guild ^^,

Nvm this

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:47 am

Another halfbreed like me, yay! cheers
Welcome to our friendly little tribal fellowship, Eisath!
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:44 pm

On the question of trolls having water transport:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Destroyer
This proves that at least Amani trolls used battleships during the Second War. Eisath's father pretty well could have been serving on an Amani troll destroyer, ending up on Darkspear Isles.
In Snicka's backstory, however, his grandfather and mother stole a ship from (the recently founded) Menethil Harbor.
As Zanick explained above, there are plenty of methods for forest trolls and Darkspears to meet (and mate).
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down