Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jin'az's Application

3 posters

Go down

Jin'az's Application Empty Jin'az's Application

Post  Jinaz Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Character name: Jinaz
Character race: Troll
Character class: Shaman
Character level: 7(currently)
Professions: Herbalism and Alchemy.

Why do you want to join us?: I like the sound of everything i've heard of the guild, to enjoy RP and get to know new people.
How often do you play WoW?: Around 5 days a week, few hours a day.

Roleplaying experience: I hate to admit it but i'm quite new to the whole Roleplaying side of the game but I know the basics of the whole thing and the rules of it. But I am very interested in playing World of Warcraft in this way. The reasion I picked a Troll to play as is because I've always liked the trolls since seeing them in Warcraft II and III, and with their interesting accent I thought it would be a good choice for starting RP, everyones got to start somewhere.

Notes: I would ask readers not to gudge me by my current level, I know how to play the game and this is not my first Character, just my first RP, I couldnt find anything about a Level Req on the fourm or website, but if there is then i'll level up and try again (same with my RP experience).

Character History: Jin'az grew up on the shore of Stranglethorn Vale, raised mostly by his mother as his father spent much time hunting in the deep jungle. Sadly when the invading force pushed Jin'az's family from their home they were forced to leave with the rest of their people. Years later after the Warcheif Thrall had recruited their aid after saving them the tribe from the sinking islands, Jin'az and his father served in the Third war. After the war had ended Zin'az and his father were patroling the Barrens one day, sadly this would be the last time they would be together in a familiar land, around the time the sun was falling behind the horizon, both father and son where ambushed and knocked out. When Jin'az awoke his father was not next to him, instead he was "slumped" on a wooden chair, tied behind his back, but the worst was yet to be seen. Standing over him was a sight too horrific to discribe in detail, two figures with their skin rotting, ripping right from the bone. Soon one of the figures turned to see Jin'az awake and pointed out the obsavation to the other and both grinned at the sight on his face. After having their fun with the bound troll the taller of the two brought a strange vial from his robe filled with a sickly green liquid and after pouring it down the trolls through he began to shake in pain before blood poured from his eyes, as the last thing Jin'az heard from his tortured farther was the blood chilling scream as his head finaly droped to the side. The two figures seemed displeased from this, like they were expecting somthing "more" and as they turned to Jin'az, a loud crash was heard from above which shook the whole building, knocking somthing into Jin'az's head knocking him out once again.

Jin'az does not remember how he found his way back to the Barrens and does not remember much of the event, or most events from his life as the whole ordeal has affected him, he is still the kind and caring troll he once was, but he has become some what confused, he does not remember his father's name or where his former home was. He has become very untrusting of the Forsaken, due to the "resemblence" of his memorys of the night he lost his father, at points he becomes quite angry and speaks in a "broken" accent but he trys to hide this from those he is around. The last of the side affects from the event have made him very protective of his friends and those he cares for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your time, this is my first atempt at writing a backstory.

Last edited by Jinaz on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the charracter history.)

Jinaz
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Jin'az's Application Empty Re: Jin'az's Application

Post  Ryleen Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 am

We'll be very happy to accept you among us.

I would suggest to read up a little bit on troll lore though, there are a few mistakes in your back story that just doesn't add up. A good place to read about this would be in this guide to troll rp: http://www.aldrionaart.com/BTaC-1.pdf

The main mistake would be the fact that Darkspears haven't lived in Stranglethorn in more than a thousand years, but it doesn't hurt to read up on a bit of other things as well. Smile
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:32 am

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your application.

When i first joined SSL i didn't know anything about troll lore either so i kept my back story very simple.

it would be perfectly acceptable to simply say your character has suffered a recent trauma that leaves him with a strong distrust of forsaken and problems recalling his past in any detail. Then you can develop the back story as you go along and some nice rp can be generated as you try to discover what it was that caused the trauma.

I hope to see you in game soon. Please join the lfrp channel to get to know everybody and when you want to meet up with some of our members, just ask as we often play alts Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinaz Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:16 am

Hey, Thanks,
yea I was alittle hesatent about putting up a backstory right now but i thought i would give it a try Smile.
I will proberly change it around abit as I get better at that sort of thing.

Jinaz
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down