Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadowtroll.

+2
Snicka
Lyranne
6 posters

Go down

Shadowtroll. Empty Shadowtroll.

Post  Lyranne Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:33 pm

On the night Sen'jin came under attack, a shadowy figure was also present. His name, aptly enough, was Shadowtroll. He approached Lyranne just before others headed there, and threatened to 'deal with her' (his theory being that she needs to be prevented from healing people, or else his plans can't come to fruition). He started mixing a potion, but before he could act, Chowlawu and others appeared (good timing on their part, as I haven't the foggiest how I'd have dealt with Atari).

I have spoken to a few people, and we all pretty much agree the only true way to stop Lyranne is if she was killed - which is hardly ideal.

A few things:

Firstly, Lyranne wants him dead. Not because of the threat on her, but because of the general mood that it seems to be the only way to deal with the many enemies our, it has to be said, pretty peaceful tribe, seems to attract.

Secondly: I have to be careful just how driven I make her, because she'd in all likelihood fail at trying to stop him (A healer in a fight with a rogue - IC there's no chance for me to win, whether as a duel or otherwise). As she's not the sole target of his plans (in fact, I think I put him off even trying to go after her, thought I can't be sure), it's becoming increasingly likely that our tribe with have yet more blood on its collective hands.

Thirdly: Is Astroth dead or not? He hasn't spoken over the spirit link, nor has he turned up at any meetings since the attack.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Shadowtroll. Empty Re: Shadowtroll.

Post  Snicka Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Lyranne wrote:
Thirdly: Is Astroth dead or not? He hasn't spoken over the spirit link, nor has he turned up at any meetings since the attack.

The answer to the last question: Snicka had met Astroth IC in Orgrimmar, and he was pretty alive. He survived Shadowtroll's attempt to attack, somehow. Yet, it's hard to recognize him because he always wears a helmet - Snicka has noticed only his voice.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Well that's a relief... He did actually show his face in Winterspring, though I know not id that was intentional. If it was, then me, Ry, and Gars would be able to recognise him. Let's just hope there are no dark magicks involved.

Last edited by Lyranne on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Barzovia Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:18 pm

*Barzovia resurrects to kill nemesis once and for all*
Barzovia
Barzovia
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/user/keithmintage

Back to top Go down

Post  Tivak Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:47 am

*follows Baz's example and comes back as the evil bitch of doom*

Tivak
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:42 pm

Last night was... awkward. I don't know if Shadowtroll appearing in Camp Taurajo was a coincidence or not, and maybe the best thing would have been for us to wait on what he was to say or do. The problem was, I was IC, and Lyranne dislikes Shadow enough that when she hears his voice, she wants to take the pre-emptive stance (after being essentially ambushed in Sen'jin, I'd prefer to avoid that again - additionally, it was concievable that one of us may have been followed, though I don't know who or how).
The fact that once he finally showed himself, he proceeded to go on about rum and then about all he could see were a bunch of dead trolls made it feel pretty deliberate him being there.
Regardless, when Shadow D/Ced, we then had the problem of the orc rogue not making any sense (bringing a whole new meaning to the term 'random RP' - insisting that Lyranne was a cold, heartless bitch, and that she had at some point threatened to kill a bunch of people - mostly because she thought him silly to try and sully Astroth's name in the manner he did).
Then of course, Rokalm appeared. Maybe because the Heritage find itself attacked on all sides, or because events felt forced upon us, we all got somewhat annoyed with his presence.

His insistance that because Shadowtroll is threatening/aims to kill the Emissaries, but also because Shadowtroll has some important role with regards to Orgrimmars defence leaves us in a situation of 'If shadow attacks you, you have to accept it, because you're not allowed to fight back.' Supposedly, Rokalm was to prevent Shadow attacking us, which he's failed to do. We've now had Astroth accused of attacking someone in an arena (as I said at the time, I really don't have any sympathy there) and had Gando accused of attempted murder (or was it actual murder before Shadow came back from the dead?). Lyranne has been attacked after Rokalm said he'd keep us safe.

What I don't get is how cold Rokalm is. He seems to not understand the situation he's forced upon us. His words last night made Lyranne feel that he wasn't after aiding the Heritage at all (far too much emphasis on protecting Shadow).

Basically, I think we would all like to know just what is expected of us. These things keep happening at a tme when we have no time to prepare. Sure, we don't want scripted RP, but when the alternative is that one half knows what they're doing, and the rest are having to think on their feet, it ends up feeling even more contrived than something pre-planned.

Apologies if that seems at all bitchy or confusing. I'm writing it without the benefit of any decent ability to paraphrase something that happened under such hectic conditions (and I'm not as awake as I would ordinarily be).
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowtroll Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:22 pm

First off all i want to say sorry that i d/ced but my damn i-net connection picks the right moments...its up (for now at least). Anyway really awkward situation yesterday when i dc-ed and soz to all for that.

Second i dont know exactly what Imiktor said to you guys but dont get him wrong , hes a good rp-er but with too low information on the back story about my relations with the HoZ , thats why if he had somehow insulted you i am sorry and take the responsibility for it.

Also yes it was not planned that i meet the HoZ in the barrens, i was rp-ing with a few pirates in whole Barrens (not only Blackhands one) and well it was more random meeting. I swear i am not interested in ruining all your meetings but after you reacted later on it i just came in.

Well as far Rokalm Wink Hes with me and i dont say more Razz Rp it out if you wanna.

One more time sorry for crappy connection.
shadowtroll
shadowtroll
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82K_C4Rnctc

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Rokalm clearly brings the expression "neutral" to a new level. "Circumstances do not concern me. The fact of the murder does." He doesn't understand a damn about the events he has to solve, and constantly accuses the wrong person. He promised that he'll protect us from Shadowtroll, yet instead he clearly orders us to let Shadowtroll kill us... as if Shadowtroll was some executioner to punish us for our implied sins.
The question is: does Rokalm really work on Thrall's orders? If he doesn't, we don't even have a little reason to obey his orders in any way. If he does so, that's a kind of P-RP; no way can he tell what Thrall wants or doesn't want. Yet, we can accept him being an officer, but he must not forget that "power and responsibility walk hand in hand". We can as well report him to Thrall doing his job bad, and Thrall might either remove him from his position, or he can tell us that Rokalm doesn't work for him at all. In fact, if I was Snicka I'd clearly walk up to Thrall and report him about Rokalm... yet I don't want to be accused of P-RP myself. I should perhaps ask Rokalm about the truth OOC.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Som of Rokalm's more interesting words were along the lines of "Let Shadow kill the Emisarries - see if I care." He seemed convinced that we were actively seeking Shadow out at every opportunity, and to be honest, such accusations are hardly productive. His words left Lyranne feeling that we have to deal with Shadow, simple because Rokalm won't/can't (part of Lyranne would also like to see Rokalm's arrogance taken down a peg or two - someone to humble him, maybe?).
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Barzovia Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:55 pm

*wave* Me me me! Surprised
Barzovia
Barzovia
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/user/keithmintage

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 pm

I wrote an IC letter to Thrall - OOC to Rokalm - about Rokalm. I also discussed the whole thing with him OOC.
He said that on the last Heritage meeting he actually said that we are free to fight Shadowtroll but he won't help us do it; yet you trolls (and Lyranne) weren't listening to him properly but instead just behaving in a hostile way.
In Thrall's response he wrote that the Warchief will look into the situation. We agreed OOC that Rokalm will be fired from his job after Thrall hearing complaints about him.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:24 pm

We were listening to him, but his wording was such that we weren't exactly instilled with hope. The proceedings weren't helped by the orc rogue slinging insults and taunts in my direction.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:24 am

it seems ironic, given that the heritage is unsually peaceful and accepting of outsiders for group of trolls (the opening cinematic even mentions the savagery of the trolls as a species), how often we are accused of being a buch of warmongerers, threatening the stability of the horde Razz
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:48 pm

It's probably all for the best, but I don't like for people to say we weren't listening - especially under such hectic circumstances. Not only Shadow and his lackeys, but also Rokalm and that peculiar Sin'Dorei rogue going about. It made it needlessly hard to follow conversations. yes, I know I accused Rokalm, but that's based more on his reiteration of certain facts than anything else.

With regards to why we're always under attack, I have no clue. Perhaps others want to see if we'll fall into the typical troll template and become so incensed that we start reacting violently - either towards them, or another target because of a misguided notion.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down