Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyranne and Whraenyyr/Lyranne and Barzovia

2 posters

Go down

Lyranne and Whraenyyr/Lyranne and Barzovia Empty Lyranne and Whraenyyr/Lyranne and Barzovia

Post  Lyranne Sun May 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Lyranne first met the troll known as Barzovia (or sometimes just Barz) on her first Heritage meeting after joining. he asked to speak with her by the water's edge, as he wanted to better know her. They spoke for a while, and he eventually asked if she had a secret she could share. Lyranne was slightly taken aback, but decided she could trust him.
She told him just how bad her adddiction was, and that she'd become addicted to such a degree that she jumped a Tauren druid, hoping to drain him, and quench her thirst for magic. The attack failed, as not only was she far too weak, but the druid himself more alert than she assumed. Collapsing in a heap as he brushed her aside, She looked up at him feeling he was going to kill her. The druid lifted his mace from his back, and gently put it to one side.
The Tauren took a few deep breaths and spoke in a manner unlike any Tauren she had seen before or since "It's not often I get accosted by a fellow member of the Horde, Elf. I assume you have your reasons, or at least believe you do." He sat down in front of her, and she reluctantly sat facing him.
"I... I'm sorry... T-the thirst... It gets too much... I haven't had access to magic in such a long time... No, that's not true.... I've not had access to enough."
The tauren took another deep breath, and removed his splauders, and let the fall to the ground. He then rotated his left arm, holding that shoulder with his right hand. "Despite your weakened state, you still managed to do harm. This shoulder is going to be trouble a few days, I think." He chuckled quietly, before continuing "Now, This thirst you speak of - Am I to assume it's the one endemic to your people?"
Lyranne nodded slowly, and tears started to form in her eyes "Yes, but.... not all are like I am... I-I... I'm weak... I... I hate having this need for magic, and I hate even more that I succumbed... I had to start using bloodthistle"
The Tauren looked at her, and responded "Need? Whatever makes you say that? It appears to me as though it's a crutch. You should avoid such dangerous substances."
Lyranne looked down at the dirt, and idly ran her palms over it "I... I know you're right, and it does help me... Maybe when I first started using it, sure, I could have stopped, but... I-It's been so long now, and... It makes me feel better."

A while passed, as Lyranne started sobbing. The Tauren set up a fire, and gently carried her to towards it, carfully placing her near enough to feel the warmth, but not so close as to be unpleasent. The Tauren removed the armour covering his torso, gently placing it next to his Mace. Lyranne watched on, unsure of what he was doing this for. Catching the look of mild panic in her eyes, he smiled reassuringly "Please, if I were that kind of person, do you really think I'd have left it so long? I am removing my armour because it's evening, and it's been a long day. The armour is heavy, and it is not the most pleasent to wear. But, pray tell; why would you assume anything else? Actually... scrap that... I'm not one to pry." He smiled again, but there was a solemness about it.
"I shall get some rest, and I suggest you do the same."
He moved to the other side of the fire, and laid down, with his back towards it. As Lyranne glanced over, she saw that his torso bore terrible scarring, fom a combination of sources. she shook her head sadly. "Sir... I, Lyranne Magrette Sainx'augé thank you... And I also thank you for not prying."
The Tauren turnded his head, and glanced over at Lyranne. "Well, that's a bit of a mouthful. Nevertheless, Well met, lyranne. I am Whraenyyr Blackhorn. But now, I must get my rest. Lyranne nodded, and said "Okay", and allowed herself to sleep. Occassionally being woken by Whraenyyr's anguished moans and growls. She looked over at him, and saw that he was in some kind of pain, so got up, went through a bag she had, and found a large sheet of cloth. Lyranne carefully walked over to Whraenyyr, and placed the cloth over his flinching body.

((going to have to continue this in another post, methinks ))
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Lyranne and Whraenyyr/Lyranne and Barzovia Empty Re: Lyranne and Whraenyyr/Lyranne and Barzovia

Post  Lyranne Mon May 26, 2008 1:34 pm

She looked at Barzovia, and told him this, and that they had spent a short amount of time together, before Whrae had gone of on his own one night. He smiled, and with that said "Follow me, and walk into the water." Lyranne did so, albeit somewhat reluctantly, and found herself standing on the surface. She gasped, and smiled at him, unsure if the water tension would withstand her comparative weight. As he left, and Lyranne returned to Sen'jin, Zanick asked Lyranne if Barz had done anything. She replied "No, he was just being friendly."
Zanick smiled at her and said, though in a strong Troll accent "He's new to the Heritage, and we don't know much about him. It's reassuring to know he's okay though."
Lyranne smiled and said "I'm glad I haven't met with the hostility that Snicka forewarned me about. Everyone is so nice to me... For the most part." Zanick looked at Lyranne, and smiled again. They spoke for a little while longer about nothing in particular, before heading off.

The next time Lyranne saw Barzovia, he was different. He was colder, and distant. She's heard that he'd gone after his rival, Bojangles, and that he'd been killed and brought back from the dead, and that he aimed to free himself from the rule of Hakkar, the dark god. He wanted to meet Lyranne at the Isle of Yojamba, and trusting Barzovia implicitly, she went.
She had arrived early but was agitated, as she thought there'd be more of the Heritage there.
As it turned out, it was to be just her. Barzovia arrived, after a time, along with his brother, Rezip, and a forsaken. She felt uneasy, and was unsure of what was to happen. What happened there confused Lyranne. Barzovia told her that he wasn't in fact after being free from hakkar, but intended to work for him. He then said she'd help him, whether she was willing or not. Lyranne laughed in disbelief. She had considered him a friend, and without warning, he was threatening her. She told them there was no way, that her will was too strong, and that she'd tell the Heritage. Barzovia and Rezip cackled, and at Barz' word, The Forsaken uttered some words, casting a spell on her as she escaped using her hearthstone, and when she arrived at Shattrath, could not remember what had transpired.

(( Apologies for any lack of consistancy between this and what Barz/Zan/Rez, and the undead priest may recall, but it was a while ago. Also apologies for any errors in what Barz was up to, and For my lack of knowledge of Warcraft lore. Next post will be soon ))
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Lyranne and Whraenyyr/Lyranne and Barzovia Empty Re: Lyranne and Whraenyyr/Lyranne and Barzovia

Post  Barzovia Mon May 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Ah the old times Sad

Good story, even if I get reminded of my sucky RP
Barzovia
Barzovia
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/user/keithmintage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down