Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyranne's lament.

4 posters

Go down

Lyranne's lament. Empty Lyranne's lament.

Post  Lyranne Fri May 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Apologies for the disjointed narrative. It's more or less how Lyranne's thought process is working currently, and as such, it's probably not the best read ('probably' she says >.>)

"He's dead" is all Lyranne could focus on. Those words pierced her heart and soul in a way more cutting than any sword she'd ever seen. Her closest friend, Quintilius, was dead. She took a deep breath and braved the chilling night air, desperately trying to collect her thoughts into a coherent whole.

As soon as she'd start to assemble the last minutes, tears would flood her cheeks, and her train of thought would crash as she was faced with the present. A world without another friend - an Azeroth that immediately felt less alive, simply because he was gone.

Her first impression of him was not a good one; overhearing his sexist vitriol and finding herself perplexed how nonchalantly Gellion had taken it all. Lyranne being the young opinionated elf that she is, challenged his world view in the only way she knew, and there was immediate friction. Of course their relationship grew, and after a time, they became good friends (or at least she thought so). At her worst he'd been there, and offered her counsel, advice, and understanding.

She'd been told that she was allowed to arrange a ceremony in his name, in his honour. She'd have done so regardless, and now; now it felt she had to.

She took another deep breath and folded her arms, shivering in the bleak midnight air. Walking about helped her concentrate, and the biting wind forced her to think.

"I'll arrange a ceremony that'll show all what a man he was. He deserves something to be remembered for; to be more than a footnote in peoples diaries. It'll start at Brill, on the last Sunday of the sixth month after midday. I'll get an artisan to make something to represent him, and hopefully, it'll be enough."

With this thought, she nodded solemnly, with a newfound determination.

"Quintilius Delauney: You'll be remembered."
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Lyranne's lament. Empty Notice.

Post  Lyranne Fri May 29, 2009 5:48 pm

A flyer has been posted on many walls, and in bars around Azeroth and Outland, with the header 'Quintilius: Remembered'. It's neatly written, and seems to have been placed only recently.

--------------------------Quintilius Remembered-------------

Dear reader: Whether the name atop this letter means anything to you is unknown, but if it is, please join me in Brill on the last Sunday of the sixth month after mid-day for a rememberence of a man who touched many lives. This is not a mourning of his loss, but remembering a friend, and hopefully finding solace in those memories. There shall be drink, and we shall be celebrating. please send a letter to Deyyania to confirm your appearence, and I'll hope to see you there.

Sincerely and with love, Lyranne Deyyania Sainx'auge.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Lyranne's lament. Empty Re: Lyranne's lament.

Post  Ryleen Fri May 29, 2009 6:23 pm

She's becoming a good troll, our little elf. Smile Funerals aren't about mourning death, but to celebrate life. Also, remember that what Ry really said is that Dey gets to have a say in where to bury him. Otherwise, I believe he'll be burnt as seem to be the Ashen Order tradition.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri May 29, 2009 6:39 pm

oh...can we go and cause a scene and demand to have a troll burial? Twisted Evil
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Vypra wrote:oh...can we go and cause a scene and demand to have a troll burial? Twisted Evil

But Vyp... an undead getting a troll burial? That is wrong! Only trolls deserve troll burial.
And I'm not racist here... I just respect traditions.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri May 29, 2009 8:32 pm

that undead was blessed by the Loa...or at least parts of him were...or so i heard... Wink
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri May 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Vypra wrote:that undead was blessed by the Loa...or at least parts of him were...or so i heard... Wink

That is true... perhaps his certain part deserves a proper troll funeral... Razz
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Fri May 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Actually, that's more my idealogy showing through, Malin. I don't believe in such a selfish reaction to death as mourning a loss. To me it's what they were, and remembering that. Taking solace in the joy they brought us. Certainly more preferable to crying about how they're no longer about.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down