Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The book of gods

+3
Hadunka
Vypra
Ryleen
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The book of gods - Page 2 Empty Re: The book of gods

Post  Snicka Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:03 pm

*does a little bit of research*
It is a silly reference on Blizzard to the troll dolls, also known as "Gonks".
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaali Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:17 pm

IF they were in Raptor form they could have spoken in the raptor "language" and I can well imagine a raptor making a noise like "Gronk", and it was attributed to the Name in the legends. (Just like how Kangaroos were named by someone asking an Aboriginal Australian what it was, they responded with "I don't know" which in their language was "Kangaroo" [or so the story goes anyway] )

Vaali
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Vaali wrote:IF they were in Raptor form they could have spoken in the raptor "language" and I can well imagine a raptor making a noise like "Gronk", and it was attributed to the Name in the legends. (Just like how Kangaroos were named by someone asking an Aboriginal Australian what it was, they responded with "I don't know" which in their language was "Kangaroo" [or so the story goes anyway] )

I don't know about the kangaroo story, but there is an animal called "indri" in Madagascar. "Indri" means "look at that" in Malgasy language.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Just a couple of interesting things from wowwiki that i didn't know:

According to some statues scattered around Uldaman, the original five races of the world were trolls, earthen, tauren, mountain giants, and sea giants. The giants and the earthen were direct creations of the titans, to aid them in shaping Azeroth. It appears mechagnomes (which later became gnomes) were also created by the titans to help shape the world, but as mechagnomes resemble machines more than living organisms it is possible that the titans didn't consider them an own race. This may be the case with iron vrykul (which apparently later became normal vrykuls and humans) as well, although iron vrukyl are much similar to earthen. The trolls and tauren, it would seem, were the first races to evolve, or else the first creations of the titans not charged with assisting or defending Azeroth. However, the dragons might well predate all of them- certain passages from War of the Ancients refers to them as (in the Old Gods' minds) the "Titan's hounds". This, along with the discovery of Galakrond and the proto-dragons, seems to prove that the dragons were created by the titans to help safeguard Azeroth. Furbolgs also have legends of seeing the coming of the titans to the world from their homeland in Northrend, implying they predate the titans as well.[20] Murlocs have also been implied to predate titans.

and apparently
They (the titans) are called "Travelers" in the Troll Legends.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Interesting stuff. Great work, Julie.

However, any suggestion that the foul race of murlocs is in any way natural, or divinely-created, or could predate trolls (who, as we all know, are the chosen ones of the Makers) is surely heresy. And wrong. Just plain wrong.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2