Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild meeting on 23rd June

3 posters

Go down

Guild meeting on 23rd June Empty Guild meeting on 23rd June

Post  Zanick Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 pm

This was an important meeting because Warlord Snicka had returned from Zandalar after so many months away. He arrived at the meeting with his wo'mon Torschka and was warmly greeted by many members of the guild, a few of whom had never met him before.

I formally handed back leadership of the guild to Snicka, but he kindly allowed me to take charge of the meeting.

I announced that several Horde guilds would take part in a walk to celebrate the Midsummer Festival. The walk will visit many of the sacred fires in Kalimdor. We will recieve blessings from the flamekeepers and make seasonal offerings to the Loa and the ancestor-spirits. The walk will take place on the next sixth-day, starting in Sen'jin village at a quarter before the eighth hour of the evening. From Sen'jin we will walk to Razor Hill. The details of the route will only be revealed nearer to the time (to try to make it difficult for any Alliance brigands to try to disrupt the event). The walk will end in Orgrimmar with much drinking and dancing. [See the thread 'The Blazing Trail' in the Wot we gonna do? section.]

During the discussions about possible disruption by the Alliance, some differences of opinion were voiced. Some guild members chose to speak in Zandali, knowing that our Sin'dorei emissary, Deyyania, would not be able to understand. Warlord Snicka was quick to put a stop to this. I realise that this subject can inspire strong emotions, but to act in this way during a guild meeting is to show great disresepect to a fellow guild member. If there is an emissary at a meeting, or any invited guest who is not a troll, then we shall ALL speak in the common orcish language. We would all do well to remember that we will never achieve our goals as a guild if we cannot learn to be respectful to ALL of our fellow guild members.

Deyyania reported that she and Deras, our tauren emissary, had been in contact with the Greywolf Tribe. They were able to convince the elders of that tribe that, despite any rumours that they may have heard, the Heritage of Zandalar totally rejects the beliefs of the mad warlord Zul'Jin. They assured the elders that our guild is loyal to the new Horde and that we were eager to maintain our vows of friendship with the wise and powerful tauren of their guild.

Deyy was also able to confirm that the Grimwolves, a guild formed by disaffected members of the Greywolf Tribe, had now been disbanded by their founder, Liontooth. It seems that many of the Grimwolves are now rejoining the ranks of the Greywolf Tribe.

I again mentioned the need to press ahead with our plans to venture into the dreaded Ivory Tower of Kara'asan (now most often known simply as 'Karazhan'). Deyy had been to that place recently and she described some of the things that those who go there are likely to encounter. Now that Warlord Snicka is back with us, I expect our plans will gather speed.

Unfortunately Ryleen was not able to be at our meeting on this occasion, but Gando reported that all of their wedding plans were complete. The only thing left to decide was the date.

With the business of the meeting over, and after an interruption while we searched Sen'Jin village for whoever had caused the watchers to sound the alarm, Warlord Snicka told us something of his trip. No doubt he will tell us more, in time. But here I will note down a few of the things that he told us.

On Zandalar, Snicka met King Rastakhan and told him about our guild. The King is satisfied with our goals and he gave his blessing to us. The priests of Zanza also offered their blessings. The trolls of Zandalar agreed that the forest troll warlord Zul'Jin is mad. He must be stopped and so too must the dark magic leaking from Karazhan.

Snicka learned much about troll traditions and he will pass on this knowledge later. Snicka also explained that the Soulflayer is corrupting more and more trolls in the Vale of Stranglethorn. But that is not all. The Zandalari have also learned that the trolls of Northrend, a remote continent far away in the freezing seas north of the Maelstrom, have fallen under the evil dominion of the fabled Lich King. It seems likely that we will all learn more about this new threat in the months that follow . . .

Zanick
(once again just) Primal of the Guild
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Guild meeting on 23rd June Empty Re: Guild meeting on 23rd June

Post  Snicka Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:28 pm

Perfect summary of the events, Zanick. Although I've taken back the leadership from you, and will lead these meetings, may I ask you to report the events the same way you did until now? I'm afraid I might not be able to summarize them as well as you do.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Guild meeting on 23rd June Empty Re: Guild meeting on 23rd June

Post  Barzovia Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Nice to hear you're back Snicka.
Barzovia
Barzovia
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/user/keithmintage