Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataclysm Beta - Guild Contest

3 posters

Go down

Cataclysm Beta - Guild Contest  Empty Cataclysm Beta - Guild Contest

Post  Euphrati Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:45 pm

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/contests/guildcontest/index.html

GM and 9 members get an chance of winning an beta to cataclysm. And as Ryleen and us other aswell have been taking some nice pictures the chance feels reachable Very Happy

Its an photo contest! (screenie)
Euphrati
Euphrati
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Cataclysm Beta - Guild Contest  Empty Re: Cataclysm Beta - Guild Contest

Post  Ryleen Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 pm

I've seen the contest and I've considered it. But.. are we able to get ten people online at once?

Also, any ideas on where to take the picture?
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz'jo Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:22 am

Obviously not in the valley, as we're still not sure what Blizzard thinks about it. GM said it's okay, but just in case...
Yojamba isle looks trollish enough for such photo. We can as well take a screenshot in Booty Bay tavern or somewhere in the jungle.
Kaz'jo
Kaz'jo
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 am

How is that going to help us win? Yojamba? Booty Bay?

"showing off your creativity in terms of breath-taking landscapes, lighting, impressive camera angles and epic poses."

Booty Bay?

I was talking to Taupod last night, about some of his ideas for the AO shots. One of his was for example Alaster and a number of AO people jumping off the dam in loch modan, using slow fall to be able to jump in formation, and taking a shot of it. And he's get plenty of other interesting ones as well. (I remember a story of a guild breaking into the water around the tram and taking a shot together with one of the sea monsters in there for a similar contest, but I'm not sure if that was AO as well)

He suggested that we should indeed use antu'rah for our shot, as the fact that we're in there shows that we're explorers and has a good knowledge of the game. Things Blizz are likely to wish for in their beta testers.

And I think he's right, we'll have to think of something extraordinary if we want even a chance to win.

(At least I've realised that it doesn't say anything about how many of the guild members have to be online, so that's one problem solved)

We should be able to do something interesting. We're rpers, after all. We've got interesting outfits, we know of nice places. We should be able to create an interesting scene to take the shot of.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:01 am

More thinking: Antu'Rah at sunset sure has the interesting lighting part down, with the wine coloured water and all. And there are some really nice views in there.

I also thought that maybe it'd be more interesting to stage a rp scene, rather than just have people stand posing. Sitting around a fire having dinner? Duelling? Running by? Walking? At least doing something is probably the way to go, making the picture a shot of a situation, rather than just a group of posing people.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz'jo Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:34 am

Reading all above, you're right. And I have an idea for the contest - take a screenshot of something that one could call "regular life". For example: two trolls throwing torches to eachother, someone fishing nearby, someone dancing, someone eating fish by campfire. A few people in one place, all having their own activities.
Kaz'jo
Kaz'jo
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Or possibly one activity together, depending on what we come up with. But something that looks natural, that will be nice. I'll go scouting the valley later to look for the ideal spot. I'd like it to be on the edge somewhere, so you get the rest of the valley in the background
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:18 pm

And before the picture is handed in.. which nine people will be recieving the beta keys?
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:27 pm

The hard question! Razz

Most obvious would be the ones that is our guild today.

Perhaps we fix up an poll... those every member thinks been most important for HoZ.
Ryleen (ofc)
Genjin
Chabat
Kazjo
Hadunka
Euphrati (cant blame for putting myself here Razz )
Guljun
Razeal

(Zanick and Snicka are important, but arent in guild/dont play)

thats 10 with uncertain of last 2
Euphrati
Euphrati
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down