Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Order

+6
torgadon
Snicka
Hadunka
Vypra
Ryleen
Sertah
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The New Order - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Order

Post  Ryleen Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:22 am

We are not a rp-pvp guild. We take part in rp-pvp some times. We also join people in raids some times, that doesn't make us a raiding guild.

A character not interested in pvp will not end up with nothing to do in the guild, it's just one part of what we do.

Masters will, like before, be expected to take responsibility for creating rp events and in general help running the guild. Now that masters will have clearly defined roles, even more will be expected of them.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Ryleen wrote:We are not a rp-pvp guild. We take part in rp-pvp some times. We also join people in raids some times, that doesn't make us a raiding guild.

A character not interested in pvp will not end up with nothing to do in the guild, it's just one part of what we do.

Masters will, like before, be expected to take responsibility for creating rp events and in general help running the guild. Now that masters will have clearly defined roles, even more will be expected of them.

I can understand that, though our raiding exploits are not on a par with our PvP ones (we can pretty easily clear a level 70 raid nowadays, simply because we have a huge level advantage, whereas a PvP situation will always have the potential to end in disaster). I only brought it up because of the combination of tribe structure and there being a Master for each type (healing and dealing, as it were). All of this lends itself far more to PvP than would be expected (and remember that the true reason for the Emissaries was to bring into the guild classes we didn't have, so as to further any attempts at either PvE or PvP). It's always been a minor part of the tribe, and always will be.

We have a lot of members who love PvP, so I don't see it as a problem to advertise the fact it's something we're interested in as a majority, especially if it means people not necessarily drawn to event RP could be enticed because they like character-based developmental RP and PvP. If I'm not mistaken, a fair few members RP themselves as being either conscripts to the battlegrounds, or else volunteers, so I again don't see an issue with this. Again, it also means that BG events/days could be set up, which is a good way to get to know one another, as well as being cathartic.

But it's merely a suggestion, and not something that needs to be seen as anything more.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sertah Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 am

.I'm also having doubts about whether the guild is big enough for this.
Sertah
Sertah
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Perhaps we can aqcuire more members through public forum recruiting and maybe even initially hiring mercenaries (mostly so that the tribe feels it has some muscle behind it). With less than twenty active members, and shakedown of the tribe structure needs a serious going over, and possibly within a forum we all contribute to, just so we know where we stand. As great as the idea is, lack of numbers will make it seem like an experiment from a dodgy reality TV show (half the players with percieved leadership/power of somesort Vs. those on the subordinate end).

Otherwise, perhaps we need an IC coalition with another guild/tribe that both parties. We need numbers, perhaps the allies would need to show they have some trust within the larger horde community/watchmen of our actions?

Personally, if we're civillian trolls, then being an RP guild seems logical. However, we have been drifting towards militaristic actions of late and so in all likelihood, many of us will have joined the war effort in some way. This is what made me suggest we let people know we're interested in PvP as I'm sure it'll only aid us in the long run (before when we were labled as just RP, we had still attracted some -really- bad RP/thieves/unpleasent people) so I don't see how it would really be detrimental.

But again, it's probably me overthinking.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Although my leading days are long gone, I'd like to add my thoughts to the discussion. (Here follows Zanick's Ten Point Plan for guild success.)

1. A new leader. - A new order within the guild. Great idea. Keeps things dynamic.
2. As others have said, our guild is now, and has always been, too small to support lots of officers. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. It just won't work. So let's keep the structure simple. Warlord, Primal and just two or three officers is more than enough.
3. Keep the current idea of having just a few ranks. But make use of new titles. Very cool.
4. Players with very active characters with lots of good ideas make the best officers. But our guild has always encouraged every member to suggest and organise events. Some characters create awesome events and RP opportunities but, IC, they are not suited to be guild officers. Being an officer should be about coordinating some aspect of the guild, not about doing it all themself.
5. I don't think we should be too prescriptive about the responsibilities of each officer. Just a broad outline is enough. Let players fill the role as it suits them best.
6. Keep it trollish!
7. I agree that the Heritage should continue to describe itself as an RP Guild. Anything else (RP-PvP, RP-BGs) is entirely secondary.

Note: What the vekk has happened to the battlegrounds recently? I've waited for hours (literally) to be summoned by the Battlemaster sometimes. However, some guild BG events, especially in AV, could be awesome.

8. We have previously resisted the temptation to become a military force instead of a civilian guild. The recent involvement of many members in the military has been due to the Horde expedition to Northrend, not a change in guild direction. I'm less certain about this point, but I would be wary of any decision to change the Heritage from what it is now - a group of like-minded trolls who want to restore, strengthen and promote troll culture and rebuild the ancient glory of troll-kind.
9. We have tried alliances, coalitions and pacts with other guilds in the past. To my mind they have occasionally given us some interesting RP, but they have not been successful in solving our problem of being a small guild. It would be better to continue to be a small guild with a structure that suits our small size and develop our reputation for great RP events, than let our distinctive style be compromised by uncomfortable coalitions with other groups.
10. We previously tried the rank of 'Freethinker' for Lyranne. Sarah should now be given the honorary title of 'Overthinker'.

Note: One of the above points is not entirely serious. Of the rest, I judge that number 6 is the most important.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm allowed to overthink though, it's what I do, and why you all love me, right? *flutters eyelashes*

Most of what I was saying is more akind to how I'd go about it were we to brainstorm. Just throwing ideas in and seeing how they're received. That said, so long as the guild survives and maintains a great reputation, I don't mind what happens. The PvP pre/suffix is not something I particularly favour as one who rarely paticipates in PvP, but I do know a lot of players like it, and if we can cater to it within, then perhaps we won't lose members (we have lost people to raiding and PvP guilds, so it's not as though this is something that can be downplayed as just a needless conflict of interest). Again, the militaristic thing stems from not just the push in northrend, but also activities in Ashenvale and so forth that mark us out not as civilians, but rather a guerrilla faction or mecernary group. If this is not how we wish to be perceived, then less participation in PvP would be logical. However, as it stands, a lot of people enjoy this, and I don't think it'd make much sense to take a backwards step away from this.

What does that mean for the tribe? Well again, I can't recall the last time we could truly consider ourselves civilians. Now that Ryleen's been forced to step down, and we have other guilds keeping a close eye on us, I think seeing us as such is a little naivé.

What can we do about this? Well again, a general consensus would make sense. Preferably on the forums and open for ideas and debate with certain criteria for suggestions and limits on how far we can deviate from a specific structure. That is to say, We know we're a troll tribe and we know we started as individuals striving to keep ahold of troll lore. This hasn't changed, but the world climate has, and as such, our secondary motives and machinations will have had to adapt.

But again, I'm probably overthinking.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2