Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A suggested way forward for the Guild

5 posters

Go down

A suggested way forward for the Guild Empty A suggested way forward for the Guild

Post  Zanick Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 pm

Here follows a suggestion that sounds suspiciously like the spirit of Zanick having a mild rant.

** WARNING : POTENTIAL SPOILERS **
or, possibly
** WARNING : COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE GAME WORLD **

I don't play WoW any more, so I may be wrong here. (If so, sorry for wasting your time.) This part of the story-line may be phased, so perhaps it hasn't happened yet. If Garrosh and Vol'jin have not yet had an interesting exchange of words, then please stop reading this now.

o0o

But, if it has happened, then from what I've read -
- Garrosh has argued with Vol'jin.
- The Darkspears are no longer part of the Horde.
- Vol'jin has returned to the Echo Isles, which have now been reclaimed by the tribe.
- It will be no secret that Vol'jin believes that Garrosh is going to lead the honourable orcs clans and the brave taurens into disaster.

So . . .

Vol'jin might well let it be known that all Darkspears, in fact all trolls who are loyal to Thrall's Horde, should build their strength ready for when the trolls need to step in and save the day.

There is a worthy purpose for the guild: Build up your strength ready for the day when the trolls need to take decisive action.

How does the guild become stronger? By concentrating on what it is to be a troll. Trolls are, after all, the Chosen Ones of the Makers. Trolls have already survived the Sundering when the land was split apart and they became strong again. Trolls will survive this new Cataclysm and will be strong again. The orcs have already brought disaster to their own world. It is up to the trolls to make sure they don't do the same to Azeroth.

This approach fits in well with the ethos of the Zandalari. They are preservers of troll knowledge and culture. So the guild should :
- recruit new members and help them to develop their strength;
- seek out troll relics, artefacts and archaeology, even those in distant & dangerous areas;
- help other members to develop their skills and increase their power; ready for when the trolls are needed;
- learn how to make use of the new druidic powers that trolls have kept secret for so long;
- seek out potential allies amongst other troll tribes (the Revantusk, for example) and those that can be trusted (tauren, perhaps);
- try to enlist the aid of the loas and the ancestor spirits;
- spread the message that the trolls are still here, still strong, still ready.

These aims can all be great RP opportunities. And there are lots of other things that can be done - all aiming to make the guild ready for Vol'jin to give the word. Making the guild bigger and more powerful is itself the purpose of the guild. Cunning, eh?

As for where to be based: Is there no small corner on one of the many Echo Isles where a camp could be built that is the regular meeting place of the guild?

Trolls don't need fancy buildings. A simple campfire is enough. If you want to attract new troll members, then being seen RPing in the Echo Isles would be a good idea. Are there perhaps a load of troll druids just starting out? A few of them may like to RP. It may not be ideal - there may not be a selection of empty huts with gardens and paddocks for the mounts, etc. - but the Cataclysm has turned things upside down. The guild will have to make the best of what is available, just as others have had to. And there will inevitably be a few interruptions from idiots, but it's safe, home territory where guild members can be found and will be seen.

Some of the Darkspears may snarl at guild members who are not in their tribe. True enough. That's troll nature and no troll should fear a few insults. But we all know where bitter inter-tribal rivalry leads. The Darkspears were a small tribe when they were exiled from Stranglethorn Vale (probably) more than a thousand years ago. After all the calamities that befell the tribe on the Broken Isles, in Kalimdor and beyond, the tribe is now smaller than ever. The Darkspears cannot afford to drive away trolls who are loyal to Thrall and willing to work together for the good of all troll-kind. Vol'jin would surely put a swift stop to any displays of aggression or disunity.

This suggestion means that the guild claims no special authority from Vol'jin. Guild members remain a band of like-minded trolls from various tribes. But we are following Vol'jin's recommendation to prepare for what some might choose to call 'Judgement Day' for Garrosh's Horde. And it is the Zandalari and the ancient troll ways that are the inspiration.

The guild should claim no jurisdiction over territory. There is no need. The Echo Isles provide a base. The ancient birthright of all jungle trolls is the Vale of Stranglethorn. Forest trolls rightly have a claim on all of the northern parts of the Eastern Kingdoms. And all trolls have a prior claim on every part of Azeroth. Let the orcs fence off and patrol territories if they wish. That is their way. Trolls should indulge the orcs' strange habits. But these latecomers have no rightful claim on any part of the world. The same goes for the zuska (Forsaken) and their pinkskin elf allies.

What this suggestion means in terms of the other RP guilds is NO MORE getting kidnapped, being imprisoned, being tortured, losing babies, facing trials, being declared traitors or being exiled, unless it advances the guild's goals. You don't have time for any of that - you have work to do. Guild members must stand up for themselves. Don't get into arguments about the foolishness of Garrosh Hellscream. Trolls will still respect the orcs, even though they don't agree with the leadership of Garrosh. But remain loyal to Thrall and his vision of the New Horde: peaceful co-existence, strength through unity and unconquerable force against anything that threatens Azeroth.

There. That's my suggestion. Taz'dingo!

So . . . What do others think? I'd like to hear all honest opinions. Is it practical? Could it work? Would it be fun?

Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

A suggested way forward for the Guild Empty Re: A suggested way forward for the Guild

Post  Snicka Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Zanick, your words would pour courage in any troll's heart. The strength of Shirvallah and the boldness of Ogoun is in each sentence said.

Although, just like Zanick, I am not in game and I have little idea about what the Echo Isles currently look like, I agree that earning Vol'jin's support would be favourable for the guild. Even though the Darkspears are still part of the Horde (aren't they?), their link to the orcs certainly got weaker since Garrosh took over. We should stand up for ourselves, just like Vol'jin stood up against Garrosh, and strengthen our bonds with the Darkspear tribe - after all, Vol'jin honours Zandalar and the loa just like us. Furthermore, being in the starting area also means that we are visible by new players arriving to the realm, making the recruitment easier. And I think one of the ships that was suggested to be claimed is also really close to the Echo Isles; we can use that to go for expeditions.

Finally, the guild concept Zanick describes pretty much sounds like the way it used to be in Snicka's days, and it's a lot like I envisioned the Heritage of Zul'jin / Zandalar, so I heartily support it.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

A suggested way forward for the Guild Empty Re: A suggested way forward for the Guild

Post  Vypra Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:07 pm

i'm afraid this idea was already suggested and turned down as it was felt the darkspear still held their predjudice against other tribes too close.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zul'Ros Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Vypra wrote:it was felt the darkspear still held their predjudice against other tribes too close.
Isn't it for us to decide, anyway? I mean, if we agree to go with that plan, who's gonna stop us? The Blades? Laughing
Zul'Ros
Zul'Ros
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Julie, you may be right about the Darkspear prejudice being too deeply ingrained. But times are hard. The Darkspear may feel themselves side-lined even more by Garrosh's treatment of Vol'jin. They might be more receptive to potential allies.

This is where I think that in-game reputation should matter. If the members of the Heritage have performed enough difficult tasks that are important to the Darkspears, then they should be at least Honoured by them. Most of the more experienced members will be Revered or Exalted. That has to count for something. The Heritage are not just any trolls who want to work alongside the Darkspear tribe; the Heritage are a group of trolls who have proved their worthiness time and time again to Master Gadrin, to Master Vornal and even to Vol'jin himself.

So I don't think that it should be a major impediment. Just a source of occasional moments of interesting RP.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:37 pm

actually, iirc, it was my suggestion (if not, i certainly supported the idea). And in the light of a quest i did only recently at the new camp outside ZG, it may not hold particularly true that the darkspear are that xenophobic anymore anyway.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I have to agree with Zanick. Do those who are against moving to Echo Isles think it would be completely out of character to Vol'jin to at least tolerate the presence of a couple of trolls that have proven themselves worthy, just because they are from different tribes? I don't think so, especially since we, if only by name, represent the Zandalari, whom even they honour; more than the half of the guild is still from the Darkspear tribe; and before our exile he tolerated us holding our guild meetings in Sen'jin Village.
As he is, technically, an NPC, we cannot ask him. It is up to us, from what we know about him from lore, to decide what he would say about the Heritage putting a foot on the Echo Isles.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:14 pm

The Darkspear Tribe is as much a part of the Horde as always, although they are in disfavour with the warchief and being treated as badly as the goblins.

We have already discussed why rejoining the darkspears is a bad idea, in the thread dedicated to discussing where we'll go on from now. But if people who are still rping and in the guild really like the idea, I will take it into consideration.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down