Problems that needs to be solved

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems that needs to be solved

Post  Ryleen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:41 pm

There's been a lot of discussions all over the place the past few days, and it seems we have a lot of problems and that in many cases people have kept them to themselves.

But we need to deal with this. And everything, preferrably.

I've been offered help from people who have supported me in the past when I've had problems, and I think some neutral outsider input might help us find a solution, fresh new angle and everything.

What I'd like you to do is state whatever it is that bothers you, whatever it is that makes you choose not to rp on your HoZ character for the time being and anything else you might think of. We'll not discuss it, not here, but I'd like it all written down and brought out in the open so that I have a reasonable chance to deal with it.
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems that needs to be solved

Post  Kaz'jo on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 pm

I really like the RP within the Heritage and longer term goals (currently - find a home before thinking what further). The only thing that I dislike is the small amount of smaller plots within. Although with that small amount of people (twenty-ish, with about ten active), I see why is that an issue, and I hope that the active members will read this and help us to get more things to do. This will hopefully attract new people.
Phasing territories occupied by us. We should avoid them to keep the random visits. They can be interesting and sometimes we might even gain a member or two.
People also needs to spend more time on Heritage alts! I know you can do this, folks!
Last and rather least - not contributing in leveling and achieving with the guild. You all can help. In any way.
Here are my concerns.
Kaz'jo
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Due to irl issues, i've been on something of a short fuse for some time now. Hence, i felt it best to keep my mouth shut about the problems i saw so as not to upset ppl. Its not something i usually do, but i hoped that, in time, they'd resolve themselves. It clearly did not happen and so i've ended up snapping over something that wasn't really important Razz

I can make a list of what's bothering me, hopefully it won't end up being too long, just need to know where to put it if not here?

Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:32 pm

When I asked you to list the problems I meant to list the problems. Here. =P
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zul'Ros on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm

My problems are somewhat tricky, mostly cause there's hardly any way to solve them.

First of all, I'm really selfish when it comes to games. I want to do things that I want to do, not those that need to be done. I hate "RP for the sake of RP" (feel free to insert any other aspect of the game there), so I try to stay away from it completely when I feel I won't contribute enough. Basically, you can always count on me when I'm there, but you shouldn't count on me to always be there in the first place Smile That's just how I am, so please bear with it.

Then there's this issue that I've mentioned countless times already. Ros is nowhere close to being my main. That's mostly Blizzards fault though. As a dps, he just doesn't feel unique enough compared to my mage main. As a healer, he's just so much worse than a priest (seriously, is there a thing priests can't do better than other healers?). Stacking achievements on an alt is no fun either. That basically leaves him for RP only... which, again, leads to major lack of activity. I mean, there's hardly anything going on whenever I log on, and just standing in Org waiting for someone to show up... Let's say, I have better things to do.
On the other hand, I have all my characters that are more or less played in HoZooc, so reaching me shouldn't be a problem. It's just that people don't have much to do with Ros. I've always tried to make an impression that he is always ready to help with any kind of "voodoo problems". Guess either I failed at that, or there just aren't many spirits bothering us in general.

Those are the points concerning me personally and, in a way, explaining my low activity. Now, on with the guild as a whole.

It's already been stated that we have no numbers, no place, no purpose. Imo, none of those will be a problem once we answer this one question: what do we wanna do with this guild? There's plently of discussion going on in nearby threads though, so I won't go over it here. I just want to point out that it's not like the guild is done for or anything. There were times when we had maybe 3-4 active members, and it still worked out fine in the end. Maybe we just need some time to get our thoughts together.
Zul'Ros
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Well, here goes:

1) The guild seems to only actually do anything when Ryleen is online.

- i know i'm probably as guilty as anybody here, though i feel i did at least try, but the meetings, dinners and pretty much all other rp seems to just stop whenever she's not there (though i must give Euph, Had, Kaz and Lahni props for also making a great effort while we were in Antu'rah Smile ).

2) The Heritage is everbody's victim.

- Seriously, its far beyond a joke now. People need a victim for their latest plot-line? You know exactly where they will head... Razz

3) Lack of direction for the guild.

- okay, this one is more recent, and perhaps if i'd brought it up sooner, it may not have seemed such a problem to me, but there you go Razz I really did get to the point where i just had no idea what our purpose was and why my character was still around.

4) The attitudes of rp-ers to each other.

- There are some people on this server who's attitude quite simply disgusts me. Their primary purpose in life seems to be ridiculing other people's rp and acting all superior. Alright, this is not an ideal world and its unreasonable to expect everybody to get along. However, i do expect a certain level of acceptance that some people like to do things differently. For people to ridicule somebody elses rp just because its not the style they like is pathetic and its causing all kinds of walls to be built up between the guilds... which brings me to...

5) Lack of communication.

- Having left some of the chat channels recently, its possible i'm missing something, but i'm simply not seeing much of any kind of advertising of rp guilds, plotlines or events.

The realm forum is like a ghost-town, the lfrp channel is just as quiet and wearelegion is getting as bad (ok, that may have something to do with ppl not liking the new theme, but as it was quiet for a while before i changed, i'm not going to blame it all on that factor Razz ).

Channel rp is becomming more prevelant and unless you know its there, you don't get to rp with the ppl in said channels (i've mentioned my -personal- objections to it elsewhere).

All the open rp events have dried up and gone and random rp seem to have gone with it, which i think is a very sad thing.

And finally...

6) I'm fairly sure Ryleen's is the only character in the guild that is the player's main character.

- Again, i'm as guilty as anyone for this one, probably more so as i deliberately made 'Bats shy and quiet so as to give her a reaons to -not- be involved in the guild as much...and yet, somehow, i seemed to end up as one of the more active ppl...and that was back when I was running an rp tavern and trying to create guild events with Anglers on Vyp.

Hopefully, this is something we can change but to do that, we need clear goals, a reason for people to join us, and, more importantly, stick around and perhaps even to promote our HoZ characters to be our mains Razz

Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Well, as i just managed to delete a post i spent the last hour writing, i'll assume fate has stepped in to stop me going off on one again and simply say that, from a personal standpoint, i felt that i was out of sync with everybody else in the guild both in terms of the times i was available to rp and on what i felt would make good events for us.

Razz

Edit: Note - i'm not blaming anybody for the above, just sharing how i feel. I certainly don't expect anybody to fix this for me, its just a problem i guess i'll have to deal with Razz

Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jastah on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:38 pm

The 'About the Heritage' section on this forum needs to be re-written. Just a small section that explains what the Guild is about, its' aims, its' trials, etc. At a touch of a mouse we can see what the Guild is about what our direction is because I know we have one but people need know it and have it in their minds.

We need to find a home, we need a fixed place that we, as a Guild, can feel settled and at peace.

We need our officers to say 'No'. When other Guilds want to beat on us, we -can- say 'No' we don't -have- to be involved in their RP self gratification and wang waving.

We need to look at this Guild not as somewhere we put our alts but somewhere we can RP something else that we don't on our other Characters. (I know I'm guiltier than most for not being available, as things settle down I hope to change that.)

The problem is not the Guild (the Guild is you guys the people in it and you're great) its' peoples' perception of the Guild (Both inside and out.)
Jastah
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:53 pm

The biggest problem is the attitude of the other guilds towards the Heritage. Except for the Ashen Order, everyone wants to give a kick to the Heritage. The House of Sylvanas captured, tortured, killed a couple of our members, and built an oil rig in Stranglethorn for the sole reason to provoke us (what else do Undead have to do with oil? They don't use any of that in their technology, it's obvious that their intention was to piss with us); the Warsong Blades acted as law enforcer on us, took Ryleen's children, exiled us collectively forbidding to wear arms on Horde lands, all of which we willingly accepted; even the Theatre of Cruelty randomly kidnapped and tortured Lahni to find the location of the valley they had no interest in otherwise.
I think the guild has a reputation of being soft-hearted and gentle, despite being trolls that are supposed to be savage and cruel, according to stereotypes; they either want to provoke us to become violent and brutal, or they are just annoyed by our friendly RP-style because it is different from theirs (I suppose Sang Real could tell a lot about that), and want to torment us because of that. Or else, they (but so many people?) want to bully
someone, and thanks to our small numbers and our friendly-gentle reputation we are the easiest victims. And we are willing to accept whatever they dictate and ask nothing else in change but to leave us alone; we dance how the Blades whistle, and yet they keep bullying us.
This attitude is the source of many other problems: for example, our numbers will remain small - after all, nobody wants to join the loser team. Our players will be inactive because conflict RP might be fun (although it's not everyone's cup of tea), but playing the victims all the time is not fun at all. Our events will not be visited, because nobody wants to hang out with the losers.
I have no idea how to change this attitude, because apparently nothing we do can help - except for, what Katalmach proposed, re-working the guild (AND the characters, which I find most upsetting) from scratch to satisfy the Blades, which I am, frankly, not happy with at all. After all, I don't want to be told by anyone how to play my characters - I want to play them the way I want to.

Warlord

View user profile http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Jastah wrote:The 'About the Heritage' section on this forum needs to be re-written. Just a small section that explains what the Guild is about, its' aims, its' trials, etc. At a touch of a mouse we can see what the Guild is about what our direction is because I know we have one but people need know it and have it in their minds.

Jastah has a fair point. The "About the Heritage" part of this forum says practically nothing about us. If we could make a post there where we describe the guild's main points, it would probably encourage people to join us with active characters, instead of just using the guild as a place to dump their troll alts.

Warlord

View user profile http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:13 pm

I'd like to point out that even if you think the same as what someone already wrote, write that. it helps me see what issues affect the most people, and it helps me see which people have been here to contribute and not.
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 am

Ive completly disliked the last places weve stayed on both ic and ooc. When we was to move up to shatterspear i thought hoz had gotten suicide, that close to nelves and if the had let us be wsb and hos had gone on us even more as it almost would look weve been allies with nelves. If weve been living in peace there.. which we couldnt as shatterspears was wiped. Okey it was a good plotline as icly we couldnt kow of the wipe. And the background music in the area was horrible, could we please find a place with good, less annoying background sounds.

Stonetalon i almost hate because of that tabard buff. I wont ever be able to move in the area again without it, it will trouble in future rp (unless blizz fix it).

And agree on Snicka on that we are and sort of become the ones to bully as we dont try to fight back.
Which Eup gone very tired of icly. Whenever bad stuff have happened ive/she tried to pick fights, stalk, track and/or attack them. But keep getting noes from high ranked. Still have picked fights and followed wsb members sometimes, but not as an Hozzer but for House or personal agenda.

And as spoken in where to go topic, Heritage of Zandalar doesnt fit in at all of what we have been doing lately. Weve been more like an bullied version of Revantusk, (except we allow others in it)
Euphrati
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top