[ 0 ]
23% 23% 
[ 3 ]
7% 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Where do we go from here?

Post  Ryleen on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:16 pm

So, we've played gypsies for a while now, traveling from village to village. It's had it's ups and downs, but I think we've got it figured out. The question now is; What do we want to do next?

There are a few options, and I'll be happy if you can provide more.

Move to Winterspring

We have in character been offered to buy a piece of land in winterspring. It doesn't exist ingame, so it would mean that it would become out planned new guild hall chat channel and only exist in there. Many of you have experience with similar chat channels from other guilds, so you know what I'm talking about.
Pros:
It's not on horde lands, no one can oppose us taking it or try to drive us out.
It's chat based, so we have complete freedom in designing and changing the place, and everyone can do what they want with their own home
It's chat based, so we will always be able to rp, even when off questing or raiding, and striking up casual rp should be much easier
It's land of our own, much like Antu'Rah, as opposed to just a small village or camp
Cons:
It's far away from most things, though this might be solved by conjuring up permanent portals to other places
It's chat based, so it will take a bit more effort to include guests from other guilds into the camp.
We would have to hold our weekly meetings and dinners elsewhere, since those are things that should take place in the 'real' world

Take over a ship
An idea discussed earlier today. There are many empty ships off the coasts around Azeroth. We could take over one of those. A warlock can be set up to summon lowbies who do not have flying yet.
Pros:
We could still do the chat channel thing, but also have a real world place to gather at
We could if needed choose a new empty ship and pretend we sailed there, and thus move freely around the world
It's a ship! We'd almost be pirates, and that in itself is of course awesome (except, you know, we won't be pirates.. then we'd probably be killed Wink )
Cons:
It's small. It's just a ship, so we'd have to find another source of income in order to buy food and supplies rather than grow them ourselves.
It's a ship! Afaik, no one in the Heritage has any experience with sailing. It'd take a lot of rp to get us to a point where we could realistically claim to run a huge ship. (though this might not be entirely a bad thing. More rp=good)
It's remote and we might not get many visitors

Stay nomadic
Continue traveling as we are now, stopping at different villages every week or forthnight
Pros:
We get to keep on traveling and see different parts of the world, wich provides more rp and variation
We're flexible and can do whatever we need for the moment
Cons:
Travel through warzones and horde land is difficult. There will be ic problems to overcome, and ooc problems when people think we do things we shouldn't get away with.
We'll be at the constant threat of being thrown out from wherever we're staying, since we technically are breaking the terms of our exile. We might end up annoying people enough to cause bigger problems.
We won't have a fixed spot where people can find us... wich might also be a pro, depending..

Scatter

Go back to the way the Heritage worked before Antu'Rah. More of a guild, less of a tribe. Everyone lives in their own homes, and we just gather when something happens or needs doing.
Pros:
Characters might be able to sneak back into the Horde if they want to
People can stay wherever they want to
A few more empty places open up, those who are just a remote single hut and wouldn't work for the entire guild
Cons:
We lose much of the tribe and family feeling
We become difficult to locate

Joining the Darkspears
To join forces with the one horde friendly troll tribe and move to their home on Echo Isles
Pros:
We will once again live among trolls
guilds such as the Blades might deacrese their ill behaviour
its an easy place to visit even for low levels and no risk of being attacked.
The Jungle on the isles will make lots of members feel at home.
Cons:
This could lead to a demand similar to the shatterspear tribe, most isles are occupied by trolls so finding a meeting place could be difficult.
No empty buildings to rp in
Non-jungle trolls will not be as welcomed as the jungle trolls will.

Tanaris
There are many ruins after the sand trolls, and some of them are empty.
Pros:
troll place which arent part of neither horde or ally land.
We get walls that could protect atleast some
Cons:
Long travel down, throgh/near both horde and ally lands. Though if getting to ratchet we could say took an ship down to gadgetzan... and theyre neutral towns.
Most of the trolls would have problems dealing with the heat, forest and frost trolls are used to cooler climates and jungle trolls are used to humidity.

Rejoining the Horde
Go back to the people we once belonged to, and convince them to take us back
Pros:
No more harassing by horde members
Freedom to move and live wherever we want
More freedom to interact with members of the horde
cons:
Requires an at least outwardly sincere change of heart and attitude, to convince the orcs that we can be allowed back
Requires non-Darkspears to join the Horde too

Uldum
Move to the desert and river valley of Uldum
Pros:
It's the rare kind of neutral territory where Horde forces aren't moving anytime soon.
The Tol'vir don't seem to be all that hostile towards outsiders. Maybe we could even ally ourselves with them.
Plenty of pyramids, obelisks, and all kind of titan legacy left all over the place for us to explore.
The areas along the river offer a rather soft climate compared to the deadly Tanaris desert.
A very pretty and pleasant zone to spend time in
Cons:
Travel difficulties, as with many other of our ideas. Lowbies will always have trouble, but can be helped
Not available for people without Cataclysm. (are there any of those left?)

Anything else

Please add your own suggestions, as well as more pros and cons to the different suggestions. We're in no hurry to decide this, but it would be good if we can make up a plan for at least how we want to spend the summer some time during january or so.

Last edited by Ryleen on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post  vajro on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 pm

One alternative would be to ally with the darkspears but not the rest of the horde.
Pros:
We will once again live among trolls, guilds such as the Blades might deacrese their ill behaviour, its an easy place to visit even for low levels and no chance of being attacked. The Jungle on the isles will make lots of members feel at home.
Cons:
This could lead to a demand similar to the shatterspear tribe, most isles are occupied by trolls so finding a meeting place could be difficult.

vajro
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:15 pm

There are two more cons to joining up with the Darkspears.

There isn't a single empty building on Echo Isles and Sen'jin Village. We'd have to share with trainers and questgivers, or stay on the lawns.

We do have several members in the guild of other tribes, such as jungle and frost trolls. The Heritage of Zandalar and the Zandalar tribe are a -big- exception from the behaviour of other trolls in that they accept people of all tribes. Normal trolls are very racist towards other kinds of trolls and even have a hard time getting along with other guilds of the same subrace. The jungle trolls haven't been universally allied since the Gurubashi Empire fell, and the only reason the Amani cooperate is because Zul'jin is so big and scary and thus has the power to force them together no matter how much they hate eachother.
If we join up with the Darkspears, it will either be a constant struggle, or we'll have to accept that our non Darkspear members will be treated as lesser beings. Sad

The acessability is of course a big pro though.
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gul'Jun on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:52 pm

What ever you guys decide to do, In my opinion the Heritage is best when we are togeather, like when we we're in Antu'rah. Its alot more tight knit Guild RP sure, and there was only the odd visitor every now and again, But i think we had alot of great RP just inter Guild.

Ofcourse if we do stay togeather its a massive factor of where do we go to, Horde lands are almost out of the Question unless we find a new secret hidden valley, and alliance lands are almost out of the question aswell again unless we find a secret hidden valley, It only really leaves Neutral zones to pick a new place to live in.

The winterspring idea is good, But it seems alot of stuck to Chat RP, which is okay but eh... seems a major con to me. I do like the idea though of living with the Darkspear's (coming from a darkspear char point of view) But again it seems there are alot of cons to that aswell, Specialy if it leads to certain chars being treat at second class citizens.
Gul'Jun
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Here are the ships I have found so far. The ones with no inside are of course somewhat limited, but on the other hand it makes the choice to have the inside of the ship the guild chat channel a logical one.

*waits to see if anyone got the reference of the first post*
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sertah on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:13 pm

I found this sweet little location in the hinterlands near Shadra'Alor. It is literally one empty hut and some surrounding decorations, but it's vacant and definitely trolly. I was thinking of having it for myself, but i don't think i'll be around for long.
Anyway, check it out!

Sertah
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:28 am

I think i prefer the 2 first ideas. nimnir would like snow again and eup has some habit of workingon ship, and piracy Twisted Evil

Winterspring would be hard though as channel rp, risk is that many ppl answers at same time and you miss what some has said and done.
Piracy and gypsy woukd work together though we travel by boat until found other place.

Maby tanaris and some of the old troll ruins there, not many mobs at them usually,
+
troll place which arent part of neither horde or ally land.
We get walls that could protect atleast some
-
Long travel down, throgh/near both horde and ally lands. Though if getting to ratchet we could say took an ship down to gadgetzan... and theyre neutral towns.
Some of our chars would not be so fond of the heat. But Sandfury was once jungle trolls so...

Tomorrow moving should be done. Will go and explor the world. Looking for an place to be...

Which reminds me, Whole upper lvl of Jintha´alor in Hinterlands is mob free... except an cave filled with Shadra spiders and lots of deat Vilebranch.
And you have an Vilebranch in hoz (whose parents lies in the dead bunch) and an 2nd vilebranch sneaking close by you guarding Ziri and watching the rest. Razz
And Had+father, and his old girlfriend which forgot name on now, sorry Embarassed
Euphrati
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadunka on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 am

Hinterlands in general is problematic as hord are moving in there. Yes some of the guilds members have ties there, but you need to remember that there id 4 troll tribes in the aria al forest and only one is directly friendly, Raventusk. I see hinterlands as the please Had would move with family to if we split up but not as a good solution for the guild. The old gf is a old member of the guild named Yahsadin. I believe she IC still live up there but do not rp her troll. Also .. even if the Jinta'alor is empty on the upper levels is it still a IC vilebrach controlled place to my knowledge. And apart from us having one vilebrach troll … I cant see how we could ic say we were there. Also .. Euphrati was nto realy welcome last time I believe. To ad to the matter. Hadunk is IC responsible for a few vilebrach deaths from the time he was operating in the hinterlands Wink

Tanaris is not to bad ... apart from that most of our members would hate the sand and dry heat. Any frost and some forest trolls would really get trubbel as it is a huge difference in climate. Jungel trolls may not have problems with the heat. But with the dry air.

Whinterspring is acceptable imo. Problem is it will become heavy chat based and that might be problematic. If we could find a place up there were we could meet outsiders and have meetings in general outside of the place ... it would be good.

Ship with a pirate fealing, is a good option as it gives us access to al the neutral towns as a possibility to cast anchor in. Also, building up the base for us being able to go on the seas is a good base for rp imo. I forgot Euph ahd some sea experience .. so she could be "used" as trainer for the tribe Smile

Join the Darkspears. Wel considering it al it would be bad for us as we have a large group of non darkspears. I an se us workign closer with the darkspear tribe but not living with them unless we can finde a reason for the darkspars not to trat some members as lover clas citisens.

To stay nomadic. Well I have no problem with it. It is problematick and it recuers good OOC comunication with other guild, but could be fun. Also it is great hinderance for others to rp with us as we would have to move in arias were normalu hord charakters is not. Also .. most arias we can move in are hevelyscatered with large sections of hord or aliance teretory inbetwin.

Scatter. Well I believe this would hamper our rp somewhat as it would be very lokational and thru the link. It could also give some interesting rp as we have so many ayes In different locations.
This alos recuers a esy to acces gathering poin for some meetings.

Hord. This have not bin brought up yet as it causes a hole hep of problems. First question is .. would we want to? Would it bring any thing to us? In a way yes … but it depends a lot on how we are let back in to the hord. Also … unless we make some kind of NPC claim power rp (no thank you) We need to have the major hord guilds take us back. The house .. well only if we more or less become their toys I suspect. The Blades? Well only if we really forsake Ryleen and changes a lot on how the guild is IC. Imo both options will create rp .. but not probably not good rp for us, and it will bring problems. I bring it up as a option as it need to be looked at … but I myself do not believe in it.

From the suggested ships I believe nr 1 and 2 is best. Sins both are close to a good place to uses as a exuse for rp. Ecooilands and Ratchet. Only problem I can see, is if we have the hord ship. Some might get upset about that. To some degree can that be tru for the aliance one.
Hadunka
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zul'Ros on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm

What about Uldum instead of Tanaris?
Pros:
It's the rare kind of neutral territory where Horde forces aren't moving anytime soon.
The Tol'vir don't seem to be all that hostile towards outsiders. Maybe we could even ally ourselves with them.
Plenty of pyramids, obelisks, and all kind of titan legacy left all over the place for us to explore.
The areas along the river offer a rather soft climate compared to the deadly Tanaris desert.
Cons:
There might be some problems with entering it for people who don't have Cata. Not sure, can't check it out cause I already have it.
Zul'Ros
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz'jo on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:49 pm

From my experiences, if you don't have Cata, you're ported out before entering the place. Also, it would be very tricky to get there with a character below 60, which of we have quite a lot.
Kaz'jo
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calto on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:52 pm

I like the ship and tanaris ideas:P

Calto
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:59 am

*finally has internet again*

As for rejoining the horde:
We can rejoin the Horde with Ry still as the leader, but it will require a lot of effort and a major change of ourwards attitude. Archnazg got himself taken back by groveling before Kettle, if we really try we can to. Actually, Kettle has said just this, if the Heritage change their attitude, we can discuss rejoining. Ry would however have to be convinced that it is absolutely neccessary in order to do so.

I agree with Had about Hinterlands, it's a pretty place but we couldn't make it home.

Uldum is an interesting choice. It's amazingly pretty and if we can befriend the tol'vir icly we could probably be allowed there. But it's tricky to get to, as already mentioned. But there's always the option of summons, and at least I has a two seat flying mount.

(also, no one said we'll be pirates if we get a ship! Wink )
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 am

I was out exploring last night found a elf ruin in southern Ferelas that not many ogres were watching and had an inside. From an ic wiev its possible for us to manage to fight the ogres at that ruin... would be slightly harder get there as we would have to walk a lot through hostile areas.
Marshals Refugee in Ungoro has an cave without hostile mobs around it.
Another place was the land of Ahn Qiraj: The lost kingdom. South of Silithus... only way in is by flying and i dont think you can get there without cataclysm. Up sides is that its completly deserted, no mobs, not even background music. But way there would be very dangerous as we would be forced to move through both Ungoro and Silithus to get there. Both dangerous for several members icly and oocly.

Got though an idea that if getting place in winterspring... if getting area to be n not only channelRP, the mountains around. Up in the hills there no mobs generally none passes through there, if only finding an flat and big enough place for us to move around at, and we could imaginally build houses and stuff there, enough to live at.
Downsides would be that lowlies would have hard get up nless summoned, and visitors to get there... but icly could there be an reachable way up.
Mountain idea works about in any of the lands.
Southern Feralas has an very big area of free mountain space.

(Will continue exploring for places to be)
Euphrati
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:15 pm

One thing I did not like about Antu'Rah is its difficult accessability. Every time I wanted to RP with the Heritage and be actually present, I had to go through a very difficult path, which took long minutes of RP/game time, and while there, I couldn't get out anytime I wanted, just by hearthstoning away. Antu'Rah and the rest of the world felt like separate universes; and sometimes I chose not to RP with you just for the sole reason that it took such a long time to get there from anywhere else.
Probably nobody else in the guild had a problem with this... but if my word counts, I support any location that is easy to access and doesn't take a long time to get there (is close to a flight path / takes little time to ride there, etc.)

Warlord

View user profile http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:06 pm

First post has been updated.

Also, I don't believe Ahn'Qiraj is a good idea.. isn't it full of leftover silithids and olg god madness inducing taint, at least icly? No

As for accessability. It's another matter now that you can fly everywhere. There are a few low level characters in the guild who are not yet 60(62? Can't remember) and able to fly, yes. That doesn't mean the entire guild has to conform to their limitations, not when there are ways to get them where they need to go anyway by summons and giving them rides. Everyone is after all expected to level up at some point, not stay a lowbie.

Being far out of the way is of course another matter, and something to take into consideration when choosing.
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:35 am

Indeed, I forgot about the flying mounts on Azeroth. They make the access of many places a lot less inconvenient.

Ahn'Quiraj sounds like a very odd choice with the silithid swarm all around.
By the looks I would support the Hinterlands (that picture posted by Sertah looks convincing), but the presence of hostile troll tribes that Hadunka mentioned is a disadvantage.
Tanaris has a very trollish feeling too; I know very little about Uldum.

How about returning to Stranglethorn Vale?

Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:37 am

I found a farm up in Western Plaguelands that looks pretty good. Dalsons Farm

Its surroundings are guarded by Argent Crusade and Cenarion Circle. But at farm there are no npcs. Its pretty big with 4 seperate fields (pumpkins, some bushes and crops, think its corn). Area around is about 35 but there is a neutral fp close to the farm so once weve had lower lvl members there, there wont be any trouble for them to get there again.

Around in the area horde and ally have their own small pockets where to fight eachother and scourge. Our moving ther could be disliked by hos and wsb, but as said it looks lke Argent is controlling the site, but not using the farm.

Pics as promised! Wink

[url=][/url]
The houses, a small one for leader Ry to stay in perhaps Wink

[url=][/url]
Id say it looks nice, peaceful place.
Euphrati
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaz'jo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:02 am

If I remember correctly, this is the farm where you're getting quests to discover hidden Scourge units on. And it is controlled by the Argent Crusade indeed, who are using the field crops, but no clue about the buildings.
Kaz'jo
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:15 pm

As i'm no longer in the guild, feel free to completely ignore me, but aside from considering where the guild is going geographically, it may be a good time to consider where the Heritage of Zandalar is going as a guild.

In the past year, it went from a group of like-minded trolls from different tribes that played their part in the horde while trying to retain the spiritual and socialogical ideals of the Zandalari, through exile, the begginings of establishing a new tribe, before finally ending up as a ragtag group of refugees looking for a new home.

The question is, what's next for the heritage? What are the goals of the guild? Where do you expect to be in another 12 months? When promoting yourselves, what is it you can offer new rpers? And, do you feel that the 'Heritage of Zandalar' is still a fitting title for the guild?

Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 pm

It's a good point, Bats. And why would we not listen to you, aren't you just taking a break from playing Bats? Or did you end up leaving completely?

As odd as the name can be at times, with the guild experience system I can't really see us disbanding and starting over.

Where we will go.. Is something to think about. I'm personally not sure. The exile was forced upon us, and has lead to both good and bad things. It has been icly good for most characters, given us identity and freedom we didn't have before. But it has made interaction with other guilds harder, as most other guilds are military and thus has no reason to have contact with us. However, I'm not sure that would change if we were to rejoin the horde. We'd still be civilians with nothing to offer to the military guilds. (WSB being the most obvious one, but both HoS and AO are strictly speaking military as well) We could of course try to move in the same direction, but I think there are many characters that it wouldn't suit very well.

With the release of Cataclysm, it has become clearer than ever that the guild is for the most part built up of alts. We have for the time being 27 members, eight of wich are above the one month limit and should technically be removed. We have only a handful of active characters, and most of those are busy with their mains elsewhere as well. It's been worrying me for some time now. I don't want to end up in a situation where the only thing keepin the guild alive is me inserting life through new plotlines, hoping that people will show up and participate. I understand that it's harder with a small guild, that we'll never be as large as the other ones. I understand that the activity we saw before the release was thanks to the fact that people were bored with their mains. But it still saddens me and it still scares me that the guild is suffocating.

I know that maybe in a few months activity can pick up a little, once people are bored with heroics and new content and have time for rp again. Maybe. I've finally started an alt that I rp regularly, in another guild, and I always end up feeling guilty about enjoying that rp as much as I do, that I some times choose her over Ryleen, since there's nothing to do with Ryleen. It's of course up to me to create my own rp, but some times it feels like the rp of the entire guild rests on me alone. And I feel tired and scared and worried. And right now I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry that it turned into a rant, but the past few days with fights with other guild leaders, non-existant rp and in general a difficult time, I'm very tired.
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Left for good? i have considered wether that's what i want to do but that's not a discussion for this thread.

The issue of sticking with the guild name just becasue ppl don't want to loose the guild acheivements is one of the things that concerned me when i started reading around the subject. Small guilds will also suffer as people might not want to join a guild that has only a few active members and will, therefore, not get the benefits as quickly. Not too conducive to rp-ers in my mind, especially for us and our sparsely populated realm Razz

However, if the name really does not fit the guild, and the guild does not want to disband, i really think there needs to be some changes.

Re-joining the Horde is an option, i guess, though how that would be acheived in a way that satisfies everybody's sense of 'the way things should work' is beyond me.

Instead, why not consider what is it the heritage can do that fits the guild theme and gives other rp-ers (and not just the old, well-known, established guilds) reason to contact the guild. What needs to be recognised is what the Zandalari actually do in the world and how the heritage can create events around those activities.

In addition, having a clear theme and goals that lead to setting up regular events that can be joined by anybody, should help take the pressure off you as the guild leader.

As for -where- the guild can operate from; Zul'gurub is now empty (not counting the stuff revealed in the new stranglethorn quests which, as yet, remain unresolved) plus the new troll outpost outside; while being darkspear run, shows no Horde insgnia and so, both could be used as a place for the heritage to assemble/ occupy (again, i know the Darkspear aren't -overly- welcoming of trolls from other tribes but as the Zandalar trolls still present mention, they are at least non-hostile to them unlike the bloodscalp and skullsplitters Razz ).

Also, i'm not doing heroics. I've levelled my main and i'm in no rush to go through all that again right away. I want to rp, i'm absolutely gagging for it ... I just can't find anybody. And that is a first for me since joining ssl.

You mentioned the recent disagreements between the guilds so i can understand the reasons for ppl retreating into channels and phased areas that can only be accessed with some effort and generally 'vetting' the people they rp with so that they end up playing with ppl that don't cause as much ooc friction but tbh, this is killing any chance at random rp and encouraging new ppl to start rp-ing.

Finally Ry, i actually think its good that you started playing Jay more. Everybody needs some time away from their main and if it brings up unexpected developments, so much the better. Why do you think 'Bats became so much more than i ever planned her to be? Quite simply because i enjoyed rp-ing with you lot so much...something i hope will return sometime soon.

Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:30 pm

I think i know another reason ppl dont show up on rp nowadays.. or not as many chars.
Its the phasing, sure it gets access to some places some dont reach awhile, but to put down long time to go through a long questline just for some rp.. some rp that you dont feel like anymore after questing. Unfortunatly a ugly tabard should get stuck and ruin your clothes too.
Know i long avoided doing the quests as i hoped we fast move out of stonetalon. When finally doing them they took longer (2 hours) than expected and i got way over late to the dinner, messing up a personal plotline.

About few members you shouldnt worry ry, soon all be back as normal and we have some members back online. Havent hoz always (as long as ive been on) had, often its about 10 regulars that show up on meeting and such, some to just show up at occasions. Have even seen some in our rp lately that i didnt see as often before. And then we got some new members too. Id guess it wont take many weeks to get some back.

Rants along with Ry Wink
Euphrati
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm

As for staying in stonetalon: It was said from the very beginning that it would be over christmas and new year, since we wouldn't have any major events then. If people over three weeks can't dedicate a total of an hour and a half, or two, to doing a few quests... well, I guess you're very busy with other guild and characters. Nowhere has it been stated that just because we currently have our home there is it the only place we can rp though.

The reason we haven't moved on yet is simply because we are still deciding where to go next and it seems too much effort to come up with another temporary place to head to when we're soon moving on to the 'real' one. The faster we make up our minds, the faster we can leave stonetalon.
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 pm

*didn't see vypra's post at previous answer*

This is the second person that has suggested that changing the guild itself is the answer to our problems. Though the other one was Katalmach and his slightly more radical suggestion was reforming the base concepts of the guild and my character to make them better fit in with others.

Rejoining the horde is a possibility. I have talked to Katalmach about this as well and he says that if we feel it is what's needed, he'll help come up with a solution. Though what it might be, I'm not sure. But we can go back, if it's needed.

I do want to point out that we're still not part of the zandalar tribe. we do not work for them more than we do any other allies, except we have done tasks for them in the past in exchange for favours from them. But there's the renaming again. We're more a tribe and less a guild now, and I kinda like it.

As for clear goals.. There has always been goals, only no one works for them. And as for open rp events anyone can join. You mean like the dinners that we've been running for how long now? Hardly even the guild itself shows up, we're rarely more than three or four. Sad Perhaps the event itself is bad? But I'd have thought someone would have told me by now if that's the case. OR suggested a change for the better. Not just ignore it and not come.

Moving back to Zul'gurub as in having it icly be zul'gurub? And just -happen- to be identical to antu'rah? I don't see that working out without a ton of confusion.

And we have in no way gone to 'hide' in a phased zone. We picked a good spot that happened to have an empty village that suited our needs, it happened to be phased. We can't hang out in Durotar just for the off chance that someone hasn't quested or leveled enough to be able to come see us and wants to rp. Now I know that these quests at this point is something many haven't done yet, but I never thought doing quests would be such an issue for people. It's after all what we spend most of our online time doing, when not killing players or in instances.
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:31 am

I frankly see no problem with moving back to Zul'Gurub. The guild can return to search the ruins of Antu'Rah, and find that the Zul'Gurub ruins are pretty much un-inhabited. We could say that it looks very similar thanks to similarities in troll architecture; or else we can try and re-build Antu'Rah over the ruins of Zul'Gurub, placing the huts the same way they used to be in our old home.
I don't think it would cause that much confusion at all - at least no more than it existed already, as some people did believe that Antu'Rah is Zul'Gurub.

As of the guild's theme and direction - when I returned to the game last autumn, I returned to a very different Heritage of Zandalar than the one I left, and that's one reason why I didn't feel like taking any dominant role in the guild's life. I felt that the complex political position (conflicts with the Blades and the House, exile from the Horde, etc.) that the Heritage got into in the past two years is something I don't want to get involved in - and I'm saying not Snicka, but myself. I realized that the RP I really enjoy is not the one full of diplomacy and intrigue, but the laid-back casual one; and I didn't want to have a character whose acts have too much weight. I suppose the guild's current situation is actually discouraging other people from joining the guild, or getting heavily involved in the guild's RP even if they are members.

I do like the family-like feeling the current Heritage has (or had when I played); but I don't like the way it is treated by the other guilds. It is possible that the weekly dinners were so un-popular because the Heritage had a reputation of being a bunch of trolls that turned their backs to the Horde; thus no honourable Horde member would visit those dinners.

I do not want to be harsh or anything, and I am really proud that the guild I started has survived for so long, but probably in the current situation disbanding and starting from scratch as Vypra suggested is an idea worth considering. It would take off a lot of responsibility from Ryleen's shoulders, and it would not affect the relationship between the characters - the little families can still stay together despite being under different guild tags.

Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum