Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lalua (Application)

3 posters

Go down

Lalua (Application) Empty Lalua (Application)

Post  LaluaLal Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Character name*: Lalua

Character race*: Troll (except for Emissaries)

Character class*: Mage

Character level*: 29

Professions: Tailoring & Enchanting.

Why do you want to join us?* I want to join a nice Troll Rp guild, I heard about you on the forums and I think you seem like a great guild.

How often do you play WoW? Every day unless something comes up, so probably about 6+ hours in the evening.

Role-playing experience: About 2 months on a N.A realm, I did Rp a bit on a different realm, even though it wasn't an Rp realm.

Character history: Lalua was born near the coast of Stranglethorn Vale; she lived with her mother and father in a small village. When she was very young rivalries erupted throughout the Gurubashi Empire and this lead to war. So she and her family where driven out of Stranglethorn Vale. They found and made a new home on the Echo Islands with some of the other Dark spear. When Lalua was 18 was when the Islands where attacked by Murlocks, so she and her family where again pushed out of their home, she moved to live in Sen'jin village. Sometime after this Zalazane started using powerful Voodoo to control some of the remaining Dark spear on the Islands, this included Lalua's Parents, who later died at the hands of Zalazane.

She could no longer stand living in Sen'jin village and moved to Orgrimmar and straggled around the Valley of Spirits, searching for a way to get revenge. She eventually got fed up of life in Orgrimmar and attempted to move back to Stranglethorn Vale, to make a fresh start where she was born and get away from the sadness of Durotar. She went to Stranglethorn Vale after saving up for months, by stealing and selling items around Orgrimmar. She finally got going to Stranglethorn Vale and after the very long journey she arrived, she tried to make a fresh start and found a cave in a remote place where she lived for over 2 years. She would think about Orgrimmar and the people using magic there, and the Shamans, she would wish she had that sort of power so that she could get revenge on Zalazane. It drove her mad for magic she had to find a way to get magic or learn somehow, the people in Orgrimmar wouldn't teach her because they thought she was too weak to learn Voodoo or magic.

When she was in Stranglethorn Vale something bad happened to her while she was out hunting for food she got taken hostage by two Trolls who she thought at the time where Jungle Trolls, she was in such a bad way that she thought she was about to die. Then something happened that would change her life and way of thinking forever. While she was on the brink of death lying on the floor injured and at the feet of the two hostile Trolls, a panther attacked the Trolls and killed them, ultimately saving her life. The panther left her alone, and she managed to gain enough strength to make it back to the cave she was living in. From then on she gained a deep respect for the panther that saved her life; she thought that the panther’s appearance was a sign of Beth'ekk. She became a heavy worshipper of Beth'ekk who she developed a big respect for, still all this time believing it was a sign.

After worshipping for a long time she began to gain skill in the Arcane. Ever since she was a small child she remembers her parents telling her stories about the Loa, including of the Loa Beth'ekk and Zanza. She would watch others in the tribe story telling around the campfire, she always listened with great interest. She is now very superstitious, and believes that all her arcane power so far has been a result of her worshipping Beth'ekk. She still continues to search for more power. One day after she recovered she went out searching for food again, leaving the cave and on her return she was tired and so went to sleep, during her rest she thought she had a vision of a Loa named Zanza the Restless, asking for her support in defeating the blood god Hakkar in the temple of Zul'Gurub. She believed this was another sign and continues to search for more about Loa Zanza.

She began to gain more and more confidence in herself and decided it was time to visit Orgrimmar again because she hadn't been there for a very long time, years. So she travelled back and is now living in the Valley of Spirits until she decides on her next move. She hasn't got a defined place she calls home; she has been somewhat a traveller ever since she left Orgrimmar the first time. She heard after talking to a Dark spear Troll in Sen'jin, that Zanza was looking for people to serve him and help defeat the blood god Hakkar in Zul'Gurub and in return Zanza would grant powers to those who helped. She was naturally very interested in this and continues her search today. After worshipping him for some time now, she now has the power to use arcane magic in a different way and actually use it to infuse magic into items (enchanting) again she is very superstitious and thinks all this power comes from the Loas Beth'ekk and Loa Zanza. It is exactly what she wanted in her goal of getting revenge.

Notes: Currently she lives in Orgrimmar; she is secretive about what she has learned about the Arcane for fear of being an outcast. She tries to keep it quiet. She is a typical superstitious Troll doing whatever she can to gain more power, mainly by worshipping the Loa; this is what has been working for her so far. She is fairly quiet and goes about most of her day alone at the moment. She is still devious and is not afraid of stealing from the Orcs or the other races to get what she needs. She is always looking for more information about the Loa especially Zanza as she thinks he may hold some hidden power that she can use. She is unhappy at what has been happening to her people over the years she is unhappy at Thrall for taking the Dark spear away from the old ways that they are used to and fears that the history and culture will be lost forever, in her mind she can't let that happen.

LaluaLal

Back to top Go down

Lalua (Application) Empty Re: Lalua (Application)

Post  Ryleen Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Always happy to see new people wanting to join!

There are a few details in your story I'd like you to take a closer look at though. Firstly I think checking out the timeline we created for the troll rp guide might help you put the first part of your backstory in an order that adds up with that of the rest of the Darkspear tribe. (>Timeline here< >The entire troll rp guide here<)

Is she a Darkspear herself? When pointing out that her family went with the Darkspears it sort of sounds like they were of some other tribe.

"taken hostage by two Trolls who she thought at the time where Jungle Trolls" makes me curious.. It sounds like they later turned out to be something else, but I see no mention of this in the story Smile

I like the religious part and thinking her powers are a gift from her goddess. Troll religion is interesting and I'm happy to see more people make it a major part of their character.

Finally I wonder why she's afraid of showing her powers to people? Is it because she's still following the traditional way of thinking, feeling that it's wrong of her as a woman to wield such powers? The voodoo of troll witch doctors has always been a mixture of whatever powers they get their hands on, they aren't afraid of mixing arcane with divine and nature magic, and in some cases of dark voodoo, probably fel magic as well. As far as I understand, they make no real distinction between the different powers, it's all voodoo.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Lalua (Application) Empty (Application with some changes to the backstory)

Post  Lalua Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi, I realised I had made quite a few mistakes in Lalua's back-story and so some of it didn't make sense. Shocked I have gone over it now so I’m hoping it makes sense now.

Just to answer the questions you asked, she is Darkspear, well that's what I intended to make out also but I can see how you may have thought she might not have been. The part with the two trolls, I was making it sound a bit mysterious, but I had it in mind that maybe the Trolls where worshippers of Hakkar the blood God, up to no good. I added that into her story.

About the being afraid of showing her powers to her people, I changed that to just her not wanting to share her knowledge with strangers and people not of her own. I'm not even sure where I got the idea of it being secretive from now. I have been reading up information from all over the place when I was making up her story so I think I may have picked up something and it's stuck in my mind that arcane was something not talked about in Troll culture or that it had to be secret somehow. Seeing as I now know that all magic to Trolls is classed as or stems from some kind of Voodoo magic I can just call it Voodoo and not Arcane, but I honestly thought there was something there with calling it arcane, I think it might be the description of Loa Beth'ekk that made me think that. Here's a quote i saw in the lorekeepin' part of the forum:

[quote]Beth'ekk the Panther, Hunter of the Dusk and Dawn
Beth’ekk is a wise and patient Loa. Her totemic representation is that of a Panther. She is widely recognized as the most learned amongst the Elder Loa, and is the only one capable of wielding arcane magic. It is said that Beth’ekk the Wise listens and remembers every word said by those teaching the voodoo, and of those learning it.[quote]
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Here's Lalua's story again after i went over it:

Character name*: Lalua

Character race*: Troll (except for Emissaries)

Character class*: Mage

Character level*: 29 (Age 25)

Professions: Tailoring & Enchanting.

Why do you want to join us?* I want to join a nice Troll Rp guild, I heard about you on the forums and I think you seem like a great guild.
How often do you play WoW?: Every day unless something comes up, so probably about 6+ hours in the evening.
Roleplaying experience: About 2 months on a N.A realm, I did Rp a bit on a different realm, even though it wasn't an Rp realm.

Character history: Lalua was born on the Darkspear islands, when she was 16 the Murlocks invaded the islands and her family along with the other Darkspear where driven off the islands, they gathered what they could and moved onto the Echo Isles with the help of Thrall and the Horde. They settled in on the Echo Islands with the other Darkspear. After some trouble with Humans trying to invade their home they were then betrayed by Zalazane who was one of our own but he had started using powerful Voodoo to control most of the people on the Islands, and use them as Voodoo slaves this included Lalua’s Parents, who later died at the hands of Zalazane. Vol'jin ordered that the rest of them move to Sen'jin village and give up the Echo Isles to Zalazane for now. She could no longer stand living in Sen'jin village because it reminded her of her parents so she moved to Orgrimmar where she straggled around the Valley of Spirits, searching for a way to get revenge.

She eventually got fed up of life in Orgrimmar and attempted to move to Stranglethorn Vale, to make a fresh start and get away from the sadness of Durotar. At around the same time as other Darkspear moved towards the west coast of Kalimdor to Stone Talon mountains she went to Stranglethorn Vale after saving up for a few months, by stealing and selling items around Orgrimmar. She finally got going to Stranglethorn Vale and after the very long journey she arrived, she was 21 when she got there, she tried to make a fresh start and found a cave in a remote place where she lived for over 3 years. She would think about Orgrimmar and the people using Voodoo there, and the Shamans, she would wish she had that sort of power so that she could get revenge on Zalazane. It drove her mad for Voodoo and she had to find a way to use it, the people in Orgrimmar wouldn't teach her because they thought she was too weak to learn or use Voodoo. When she was in Stranglethorn Vale something bad happened to her while she was out hunting for food she got taken hostage by two Trolls who she thought at the time where Jungle Trolls, she now thinks they could have been worshippers of Hakkar the blood God. She was in such a bad way that she thought she was about to die.

Then something happened that would change her life and way of thinking forever. While she was on the brink of death lying on the floor injured and at the feet of the two hostile Trolls, a panther attacked the Trolls and killed them, ultimately saving her life. The panther left her alone, and she managed to gain enough strength to make it back to the cave she was living in. From then on she gained a deep respect for the panther that saved her life; she thought that the panther’s appearance was a sign of Beth'ekk. She became a heavy worshipper of Beth'ekk who she now revered, still all this time believing it was a sign. After worshipping for a long time she began to gain skill in arcane/Voodoo. Ever since she was a small child she remembers her parents telling her stories about the Loa, including of the Loa Beth'ekk and Zanza. She would watch others in the tribe story telling around the campfire, she always listened with great interest. She is very superstitious, and believes that all her power so far has been a result of her worshipping Beth'ekk. She still continues to search for more. One day after she recovered she went out searching for food again, leaving the cave and on her return she was tired and so went to sleep, during her rest she thought she had a vision of a Loa named Zanza the Restless, asking for support in defeating the blood god Hakkar in the temple of Zul'Gurub. She believed this was another sign and continues to search for more about Loa Zanza.

She began to gain more and more confidence in herself and decided it was time to visit Orgrimmar again because she hadn't been there for a very long time, years in fact. So she travelled back quite recently and is now living in the Valley of Spirits until she decides on her next move. She hasn't got a defined place she calls home; she has been somewhat a traveller ever since she left Orgrimmar the first time. She heard after talking to a Darkspear Troll in Sen'jin, that Zanza was looking for people to serve him and helps defeat the blood god Hakkar in Zul'Gurub and in return Zanza would maybe grant powers to those who helped. She was naturally very interested in this and continues her search today. After worshipping him for some time now, she now has the power to use arcane magic in a different way and actually use it to infuse magic into items (enchanting) again she is very superstitious and thinks all this power comes from the Loas Beth'ekk and Loa Zanza. It is exactly what she wanted in her ultimate goal of getting revenge for her tribe.

Notes: Currently she lives in Orgrimmar, and only quite recently got back there from Stranglethorn. She is secretive about what she has learned about the Arcane so far, and wants to keep what she already knows to herself and her people. She is a typical superstitious Troll doing whatever she can to gain more power, mainly by worshipping the Loa; this is what has been working for her so far. She is fairly quiet and goes about most of her day alone at the moment. She is still devious and is not afraid of stealing from the Orcs or the other races to get what she needs. She is always looking for more information about the Loa especially Zanza as she thinks he may hold some power that she can use. She is unhappy at what has been happening to her people over the years she is unhappy at Thrall for making the Darkspear change from the old ways that they are used to and fears that the history and culture will be lost forever, she doesn’t want that to happen.

Lalua
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Im a little bit unsure of Zanzas involvement in your story. As Zanza is the protector of Zandalar tribe,, and those that help his people. That Zanza would give you power so you could defeat Zalazar is unlikely. He would though indeed grant you power to defeat Hakkar and his devoted ones.

Also the trolls in Sen´Jin would more likely talk about that King Rastakhan and the Zandalari was looking for help to defeat Hakkar.

It looks like an good story though Smile
Euphrati
Euphrati
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lalua Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:47 am

Zanza isn't really involved much in her story, it's just that he seemed like a nice reason to fit in enchanting seeing as he can craft enchantments for people, that and the part where he would grant powers to heroes of other races to defeat Hakkar in Zul'Gurub, just seemed like a nice way to fit it in. I don't plan on saying that Zanza gives her these -extraordinary- powers or anything, i just want my enchanting to come in as that power, i don't want to go that far with that personally. You are probably right that the trolls in Sen´Jin would more likely talk about King Rastakhan when the Zandalari was looking for help to defeat Hakkar. But it could happen, and you never know what she was talking about. Good points though, thanks Very Happy

Lalua
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down