Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for the Future!

+2
Ryleen
Gen'jin
6 posters

Go down

Plans for the Future! Empty Plans for the Future!

Post  Gen'jin Thu May 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Once the heritage leaves the horde, Gen’jin has plans for how to strengthen the guild.

The plan has already been set in motion! The Heritage will become protectorated by the Zandalar tribe itself!

Truly living up to the Guild names, the Heritage will go through a lot of changes. A whole new Rank system, and monthly tributes will be paid to the Zandalar tribe (We will focus on delivering Artefacts and found Troll (and world) lore.

With Cataclysm new Profession Archaeology Gen’jin will send out expeditions throughout the world, to gather information off the worlds wonders, for Zandalar!

The new ranking System
The heritage will go through a dramatic change in the ranking system.

Ranks in short

Servitor
Prime Vindicator
Chronicler

Hand of the Heritage
<
Vindicator

Newcomer

Description of the rank system:

When you join the Heritage you will be ranked Newcomer (a more welcoming calling, than the previous outsider ^^).

Once you have proven yourself you will choose to become either "Hand of the Heritage" or "Vindicator".

Everyone but the exception of the newcomer can recruit new members but only The Servitor and the prime Vindicator or the Chronicler can promote you.

I know there are not many ranks, but I have chosen NOT to put in more ranks due to our short number anyways. Also it seems that the new Guild system will put in some more features, which will help show how much the individual is dedicated to the guild.

Rank descriptions:

The Servitor:
With the blessings of Zanza, and the generous fundings, of King Rastakhan, the Servitor leads the Heritage of Zandalar.

The Vindicator:

Jin'rokh the Breaker says:
Vengeance is power. The Zandalar vindicator is such power. The tribe has many enemies. The vindicator exacts retribution on them. No crime against us is unpunished. The vindicator delivers this punishment. Our enemies fear our vengeance. They should. They forever will

Such is a Vindicator to Zandalar, and so is he/she to the heritage. Defend the heritage and bring retribution onto those who will harm it!

The Prime Vindicator:
Head of the Vindicators, he/she organizes and trains the Vindicators for combat, and glory!

Chronicler:
learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it! such is the wisdom of the Chronicler. the history of the world must be written down, so Generations to come will learn. as the Chronicler of the Heritage you are dedicated to the Mission of the heritage, research and keepsake troll lore.

Hand of the Heritage:
The backbone, the pillar. Without you the Heritage could not be! You peform various of dutys. From Minor tasks to importans missions. Some of this rank peforms vital dutys, such as first aid to the wounded, and setting up strucktures.

Well, this is my idea for improvement of the guild. Please do reply Very Happy

Last edited by Gen'jin on Thu May 13, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Plans for the Future! Empty Re: Plans for the Future!

Post  Ryleen Thu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

I do appreciate your work, and renaming outsiders to newcomers sounds nice. But except for that.. I must say I prefer the names of our current ranks.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gen'jin Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Well, just a thought anyway Wink
was thinking that since we would be more acquainted with the Zandalar, we could make our ranks be like thiers.
Anyway keep Servitor (of Rastakhan) in mind. it would make sense. (well to me)

Also the other ranks, are inspired by what the Zandalar expiditions npc are ranked as.
A reason i would't mind having my rank renamed to Vindicator, is because i feel Primal is more a Class definition (a class that dosen't fit gen ic) rather than a high rank. then again Troll Ranks are classes.
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri May 14, 2010 1:25 am

Again...we kinda already discussed this elsewhere on this forum and i just don't think Servitor is a good title for a guild leader Razz

I thought we decided on Matriarch? ( or Patriarch should we get a male leader again ofc ).

Maybe for the second in command... Wink Though maybe Prime, rather than Primal as that does tend to make people think of the class Razz

And vindicator just sounds too ...aggressive? seeing as we're supposed to be demilitarising and all Razz

How about Watchers...like the sen'jin watchers? I dunno ...

I do like Newcomer and Chronicler though Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 am

Vypra wrote:
How about Watchers...like the sen'jin watchers? I dunno ...

Ye watchers when ya an real member and oerhaps then to follow up with Master when becoming more like an veteran in guild.

Also im too prefer the newcomer than the outsider Smile
Euphrati
Euphrati
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gul'Jun Fri May 14, 2010 7:19 am

i actually do really like those new rank names.... keep us more related to zandalar Smile

Overall a well thought over idea gen!
Gul'Jun
Gul'Jun
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 am

I think the question we need to ask ourselves is how close we want to bind ourselves to the Zandalar tribe. If we copy them too closely, people will keep confusing us with them, people will keep thinking we rp the zandalari, like the Warsong Blades rp a part of the Warsong tribe.

I liked the idea that with the valley and with leaving the horde, we're moving closer to becoming a tribe rather than being a club for trolls of different tribes. So I liked the thought of choosing ranks that fit that image, rather than copying the zandalari. But then again, I'm happy with the ones we have.

Though maybe Prime, rather than Primal as that does tend to make people think of the class

"Prime Gen'jin"? Unlike all the other Gen'jin's of lesser quality?

Ye watchers when ya an real member and oerhaps then to follow up with Master when becoming more like an veteran in guild.

Um.. Because becoming a veteran when you are more like a veteran... makes less sense? Master is a specific rank right now. While it in the guild list is only called Master, each master is master of something specific, and has both ic and ooc responsibility over this. (Master scribe, master of voodoo, master of war and so on) To have just a vague "master" title for anyone who's been around for long enough seems odd.

The problem we have with the current ranks, as I see it, is not their names, but that we have no people to fill them. We used to have several masters, but many of them are missing now. For a long while, we've had almost only new members around. But I think we're ready to start promoting people, if they feel ready to take that responsibility.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri May 14, 2010 3:03 pm

ok, Prime was a stupid idea but i was tired Wink

anyway...

To be perfectly honest, I think aside from the guild leader title, there’s nothing wrong with the ones we have now.

More important is defining what we expect from the people at each rank. This is what I came up with while throwing together a guild charter for us:

- Matriarch (or Patriarch): Set the goals for the guild and keep members informed of our progress towards them, inform the guild of opportunities for development, lead interactions with other guilds/ organisations and report back the relevant information from these meetings.

- Primal (or Servitor / Hand of the Matriarch? ): Help the Matriarch define the goals of the guild, provide guidance to members looking for development, liaise between the Masters and the Matriarch and act in the Matriarch’s stead in case of absence at formal events/ meetings.

- Masters: Take responsibility for their area of expertise within the guild, assist in advising the Matriarch on matters related to their subject, attend meetings where their knowledge and experience could be important, help members who come to them for advice/ development and provide feedback on their progress to the Primal and Matriarch.

- Kindred: Help the guild achieve its goals, develop themselves to give better chance of success in this, attend guild meetings to stay informed on what is happening, follow the orders of the Matriarch and Primal and act in a way to bring build a positive reputation for the guild.

- Outsiders: attend guild meetings, learn about the goals of the guild and show they intend to follow them and prepare themselves to take their oath.

Now, I’ve only got 5 ranks there because, tbh, there’s no point having more in a guild this small…and in fact, I’d question if its worth even having a separate rank for deputy leader (which, incidentally, would remove the problem of the name for the rank Wink ).

Naturally all of the above is up for discussion so get thinking about what you like/ don't like/ don't understand etc.

As for the idea of monthly tributes and other activies, i'm all for it. can't wait to hear more details Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gul'Jun Fri May 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Ryleen wrote:I think the question we need to ask ourselves is how close we want to bind ourselves to the Zandalar tribe. If we copy them too closely, people will keep confusing us with them, people will keep thinking we rp the zandalari, like the Warsong Blades rp a part of the Warsong tribe.

Good point...

Ryleen wrote:
But I think we're ready to start promoting people, if they feel ready to take that responsibility.

cheers

fixed quotes - Vyp Wink

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 14, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Had to add a cheer..)
Gul'Jun
Gul'Jun
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri May 14, 2010 3:33 pm

I agree that we should strengthen our connections with Zandalar. However, changing the guild rank names is only a small step.
I prefer the rank names that Vypra listed, rather than those you suggested, Gen'jin. Vindicator, as the others pointed out, sounds very aggressive, it suggests we want to avenge something (and the Blades would see it as offensive). Servitor suggests that you are serving someone - Servitor of Rastakhan and Servitor of Zanza is like a high councilor under the king, and a high priest of the Restless. However, the leader of the Heritage is not serving anyone.
The only current rank name I am not too fond of is the Primal, because it leads to confusion with the character class. I like the idea of the deputy leader being called the Servitor of the Matriarch, or the Hand of the Matriarch. It sounds Zandalarish, and perfectly summarizes the function of the character. And yes, I think a separate rank for one single deputy leader is a good thing, we need one person in charge when the boss is gone.
I agree that having "Kindred" and "Veteran" separately is pointless - every member without a specific duty can have the same rank. I like the name "kindred", because it is quite a neutral word - not restricting to character class, not sounding aggressive, and emphasizes the family bond. A name like "watcher" suggests that they are watching over something.
The word "master" is also quite neutral, and fitting to many roles by adding some word to it. Chabat, for example, can be referred to as "Master Chronicler", a religious leader (like Zul'Ros) can be referred to as "Voodoo Master", a teacher figure can be called "Master of Lore".
On the question of Newcomer/Outsider, it doesn't matter to me. Outsider shows somewhat less trust from us though - but we have a good reason not to trust newcomers, as we have many enemies.

So, I like the following ranks:
Matriarch/Patriarch - guild leader
Hand/Servitor of the Matriarch - deputy leader
Master - officer
Kindred - member
Outsider/Newcomer - recruit
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

For some reason, I'm very fond of the Primal title.. When was the last time someone mistook it for the class? But if you all want it changed, I'll give in Smile

I can see the point of removing the veteran rank and have just regular members and the masters being a sort of officer.

Also, fyi, Snicka. Chabat is the Master Scribe already Smile
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri May 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Ryleen wrote:
Also, fyi, Snicka. Chabat is the Master Scribe already Smile

Yeah, but Master Chronicler sounds more Zandalarish, because there are Zandalar NPC-s with the rank "Chronicler". Smile

But you're right: the problem is not with the rank names, it is with the people filling them. Promoting some of the members to fill the empty Master positions will work.

And feel free to demote Snicka to Kindred, so he won't hold up space.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri May 14, 2010 5:11 pm

i think i like Chronicler now i think about it... Smile

And yeah, i'm all for us taking on some more Zandalari elements...but how about we focus more on things like the culture and rituals; stuff we can include in our day-to-day rp.

In addition to Gen's planned trips to Zul'drak and tributes to the Zandalari, How about we pick a Loa of the month to tell stories about and make offerings to? And our new ancestor spirit will probably expect offerings in return for her gifts of mojo Smile

Then there's the seasonal rituals. The mid-summer festival will be here before we know it so that's something to prepare for too.

I'd love to see other people's ideas on this subject Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Fri May 14, 2010 5:12 pm

It's possible to have up to twelve ranks or something like that, so don't worry. You have a rank of your very own. Smile We also have the ancestral spirit rank, the not really in use defender rank, the pet rank heldra used to have and a few empty ones. Since we have the space, I considered maybe making Champion a rank of it's own.. But I don't know if we need another rank with only one person in it.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri May 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Things is, it starts getting messy having lots of ranks. I personally think some are superfluous anyway.

We can simply have 5 general ranks but then put a specific title in the officer notes for the character.

For Example: Chabat is of Master rank but her title, in the officer note, could be Chronicler. Star's would be medicine woman. The Champion and the Ancestor could be treated the same way.

The kindred could be classed as scholar, crafter, defender or theologist (basically: intellectuals, workers, warriors and religious types). So, the player would decide which group their character fits into and add it to their note Smile

...though i guess we can keep the pet rank Wink
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Fri May 14, 2010 8:08 pm

But that is how it's working already, Bats. Snicka and the Ancestral Spirit has their own ranks because they're not technically player characters, Snicka being dead and out of play and the spirit being more of a npc. It is also why Champion so far has been nothing but a title, just as the specifics on what kind of master you are.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Sat May 15, 2010 6:29 pm

mah, i worded it badly perhaps but i was really saying that we should keep it that way Razz
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gen'jin Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm

1st: Matriarch
2nd: Servitor
3rd: Master
4rd: Kindred
5th: Newcomer
6th: Hexed
7th: Exiled

Maybe these ranks will do? the two last are punishment ranks as ya can guess Twisted Evil

We can use the "Officer Note" to further detail the individuals task in the Heritage.
the other "Note" should be left for the individual to decide what to describe
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Wed May 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Gen'jin wrote:1st: Matriarch
2nd: Servitor
3rd: Master
4rd: Kindred
5th: Newcomer
6th: Hexed
7th: Exiled

Maybe these ranks will do? the two last are punishment ranks as ya can guess Twisted Evil

We can use the "Officer Note" to further detail the individuals task in the Heritage.
the other "Note" should be left for the individual to decide what to describe

So everyone who joins the guild automatically becomes Exiled?
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Gen'jin Wed May 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Snicka wrote: So everyone who joins the guild automatically becomes Exiled?

oh no no. They should become newcomer Very Happy

Just put the two other lowest, as those of such ranks should be lowest in the hierachi. but when you join ya can easly be promoted ya know^^

or maybe we just put Newcomer as the deafult . though it is NOT the lowest rank Very Happy
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Euphrati Thu May 27, 2010 12:37 am

that sounds a bit weirder then... beeing promoted into exile
Euphrati
Euphrati
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Thu May 27, 2010 12:41 am

Do you remember that just several weeks ago we had a rank called Outsider as the lowest rank? One that covers both newcomers and exiles. However, Euphrati and Gen'jin have a point: if we have a separated Exile rank, it should be lower than Newcomer.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down