Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Meeting 10th May

+4
Ryleen
Gul'Jun
Snicka
Vypra
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guild Meeting 10th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Guild Meeting 10th May

Post  Ryleen Thu May 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Zanick wrote:
In my D&D days we would have collectively agreed a campaign storyline - an overall direction into which the individual adventures would fit. Ryleen, is there any out-of-character discussion between the various guild leaders about the broad direction that the RP should go? For example, was it intended that the Heritage would develop conflicts with the other groups in the Blood Pact?

No, there has not been. This entire plot about the trial and the children has not been planned ahead, and I have not been in control. That's why it got so much out of hand. Yes, I was the one who chose to attack Archnazg in defence of the human children. Katalmach chose to include the children in the sentence, without discussing it with me first. Certain other members of the guild chose to abduct the children so that they couldn't be sent to the orcs, without discussing it with me first. Desdimone took the children to the House, and that part I did agree on, since it'd mean I'd get to rp the kids. Alaster and Desdimone decided to kidnap the children and bring them to the House, without asking me first. Cato decided to kill the children, without asking me first.

And it is my fault. They were my npcs, and the plot was mine, but I allowed it to get out of hand. Now we have to deal with the consequences.

Zanick wrote:What do other players think about the overall direction of Horde RP? Snicka, how do you see this from the viewpoint of the guild's founder, now that you've not been playing for a while? Chabat, Ryleen, you've both been involved in Horde RP for a long time: How do you think the recent storylines will affect the Heritage in the long term? Where will the guild be six months or a year from now? For the players that have joined our guild in the last year or so, are you enjoying the type of RP stories that have developed? Perhaps you can find a way to increase the fun.

I believe we will benefit from this in the long run. This doesn't mean we will be enemies of the horde, just that we won't be part of it. In the long run, we will build up new relations with the other rp guilds, and this time they will be on our terms. We never were all that horde loyal to begin with (As a guild, I know there are particular members who are), and as you said, it never made much ic sense to have us in the Pact. We're still ooc members of the pact, and it will still be a tool to help create cross guild rp.

Euphrati wrote:Wonder though what have ye done "defending enemies and attacking the horde", what is that? as its before my time.

Shortly after adopting her children, Ry happened to ride through Hillsbrad foothills. She saw firelight and heard screams from Southshore and rode closer to see if she could help. What she found was the House of Sylvanas, amusing themselves with burning buildings and mutilating humans. Archnazg provoked her into action, by threatening to burn alive the children of the village, who were all locked inside a cottage. She attacked him. After that, he and his people went on to attack Refugee Point. She was very upset, and followed them, attacking them again.

She has a long history with Archnazg, that partly excuses her actions, but it was still a very stupid thing to do. Smile

Now... *goes back to sleep*
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Thu May 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Personally, I think I need to be less involved in the Heritage now that I'm no longer playing. My out-of-step comments seem to do more harm than good. It's hard to let go after such a long time playing Zanick! But it's time to slip into the shadows . . .

Aww, don't do that Nick, we'd miss you Sad

And there was no harm done at all. If anything, it highlighted that fact that, although this stuff has been explained and people seemed to be perfectly happy with it, they either mis-understood some aspects or had reservations that they didn't feel able to mention until you brought it up.

So, overall, we've been able to make sure that everybody knows what is going on and why. Smile

Though i must admit it is frustrating at times, having spent the time and effort that i do making posts and recording what has happened so nobody misses out, only to find that people have given it the most cursory of glances Wink

as for this:

In my D&D days we would have collectively agreed a campaign storyline - an overall direction into which the individual adventures would fit. Ryleen, is there any out-of-character discussion between the various guild leaders about the broad direction that the RP should go? For example, was it intended that the Heritage would develop conflicts with the other groups in the Blood Pact?

Its always been something i've noticed in WoW rp (and maybe its true for rp in other mmo's too) that people tend to have a pronounced aversion to anything like a well planned storyline. Even trying to communicate OOC to decide how a particular situation should play out is often condemned as 'scripting' and 'taking the spontaneity' out of rp. Razz

The situation with we've found ourselves in would probably have ended very differently on p&p. Wink

Anyhow, the point is, people should always speak up if they either don't agree with or don't understand what's going on with a storyline. We can only act in everybody's interests if we know what they are. Razz

Though i would ask that people be constructive in their posts. If you think something sounds a bit iffy, say clearly what you think the problem is and give some possible alternatives. Just saying you think an idea is rubbish is no help at all Wink

For the record, your post was just fine Nick Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Thu May 13, 2010 10:10 pm

The Heritage of Zandalar got involved in the Blood Pact in the beginning because I - OOC - wanted to get into more cross-guild RP. Back then, the Heritage was not an obviously non-militaristic guild. Snicka was a Warlord, and the idea of being involved in world PvP was not scrapped. While the guild's RP took a fairly non-militaristic direction (partly because I myself had enough of PvP), the Blood Pact membership remained - possibly because we felt that leaving the Pact would get us excluded from cross-guild RP.

Yet, I have always felt we have been a fly in the Pact's soup. Perhaps because we were a fairly small guild. Perhaps because we didn't have a very militaristic structure. Perhaps because our guild identity has not been properly defined. Either this, or that, but when somebody had to be kicked into, it was the Heritage. If we raised our voice against what the Pact, or specifically the House, has done, we were silenced quickly, and sometimes rather brutally.

I think the lack of OOC communication is a big problem in the Horde RP. Although acting out scripted storylines might make the individuals feel restricted, but I think a lot of annoyance could be avoided that way. Power RP-ing against each other is pointless. That's why I am glad that the current situation is the result of an OOC discussion, so it leaves each side satisfied.

I think breaking from the Blood Pact is a good thing, and defining our guild identity better is also a good thing - something that I should have done back then when I was the leader. I trust Ryleen in taking the guild RP in a good direction, but I think the entire guild should contribute.

And Zanick, I know how hard it is to leave - that's why I am still here. I think you shouldn't leave the guild forums: do what I do, stay around and raise your voice in problems that matter. And post more fun troll stuff, like the swear words and the hair colour horoscope were!
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2