Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chabat's travel diary

3 posters

Go down

Chabat's travel diary Empty Chabat's travel diary

Post  Vypra Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:03 am

October 4th

I've made up my mind. I'm going to go find Gnaljin. I hope the others won't be too mad at me for leaving them with everything that's going on but i finally realised that this is what i really want. I just hope i haven't left it too late.

October 6th

Well, its too late to change my mind now. Vex and Vypra invited me to go make part of the journey with them as they head south in search of new adventures.

Gnaljin's last letter said he was stationed in Silithus so i'll stay with them until they head for Steamweedle port, then trek through the dessert and cut across Un'Goro crater. I'm a little nervous about that part but Vypra says i can train with her and by the time we get there, i'll be ready for anything...i just hope she's right.

October 20th

I've never felt so free as i have these last 2 weeks. Hunting, fishing and training with this little group has been a real eye-opener. Still, it's not really something i'd want to do indefinitely and so i refused when the others asked me for the last time if i would stay on with them. The inn in Gadgetzan may not be the height of luxury but it reminded me how i miss sleeping with a roof over my head.

We part ways in the morning. I have to be off at first light if i'm going to get through to Un'Goro by the end of the day (i've been practicing with my frost spells so i shouldn't have to stop during the midday heat). From there, i plan to take a flyer to the Cenarian camp in Silithus. The rumors of increased cultist activity in the area means that only well armed groups are traveling there by road.

October 31st

I didn't have the heart to write anything before now...but i didn't find Gnaljin. He'd left Silithus a few days before i arrived. It's so frustrating to think that, as i was crossing Tanaris, he may have been flying overhead, back to Orgrimmar.

By the time i got back to the City, Gnaljin had joined some kind of militia that was working up in Northrend. I tried to find out where but they weren't keen on telling me...in fact, the grunt i spoke to seemed not to like trolls very much at all and said i should stay away and let Gnaljin become a true warrior and not soften him with silly ideas of romance.

I traveled back to Sen'jin for the Day of the Dead celebration hoping to see Skeen there, but he'd joined some Cult and even changed his name. I've never felt so foolish in my whole life. I left my friends to chase all the way down the continent and back again and all for nothing.

November 6th

The little coin i had was all used up traveling back from Silithus so i've had to try and find work to buy food. I'm trying out in that little tailors shop in the Drag for a few days but Orcs aren't really all that interested in finery and so i guess i'll wait until i've earned enough to buy a couple of teleportation runes and make my way back to Dalaran.

November 16th

It's been hard being back here but not studying. I spend all day making robes and hats and things for the mages and and fine clothes for the nobles but i can't afford to pay for my studies again yet. I keep practicing the spells from the books i already have and going to the library to make notes but without a teacher i'm kinda stuck and unless i can get a sponsor, i doubt i'll make much more progress on my own.

There is one alternative...i can try out at the Argent tournament. If i win enough matches, i might have enough coin to pay for a tutor...but let's face it, i'm not exactly built for jousting. Maybe i can find some tips in one of the books i borrowed today...

November 20th

I can hardly beleive it...but i actually think i've got the hang of it! It's all a matter of balance and targeting. I've got good balance and spellcasting needs a good eye for the target so i've got that down already and my opponents seem to be having a hard time hitting somebody as small as me...I've actually made a few gold coins already. As long as i pick my matches carefully i can keep winning until i have enough coin to pay for my tuition... maybe then i'll have worked up the courage to go back to my freinds and tell them what an idiot i've been and beg them to forgive me.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Chabat's travel diary Empty Re: Chabat's travel diary

Post  Ryleen Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:24 am

Aww, our little Bat has gone through a lot since leaving. Smile A very nice read.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Chabat's travel diary Empty Re: Chabat's travel diary

Post  Vypra Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:58 pm

glad you liked Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down