Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting the House-How To

2 posters

Go down

Fighting the House-How To Empty Fighting the House-How To

Post  Ryleen Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:13 pm

As most of you know, we're now at war with the House of Sylvanas. I've had a nice talk with their leader tonight, and we've agreed on how to deal with this.

As much as we all want blood and death, we obviously can't run off and kill other's rp chars. This is where we need to be creative. There are plenty of things to do to an enemy that will be fun for them to rp on, and that won't kill them. Since they're mostly undead, and we are trolls, we've got the perfect situations. Anything that doesn't kill us, we're likely to recover from.

The rules are simple:

Be ready to accept defeat! Both sides deserve to both win and lose some meetings with the enemy. If the story asks for it, accept that your char will fail. We don't want winner instinct taking over and ruining what could become great rp. Be ready to make some personal sacrifices for the story.

Communicate! Never do anything at all to one of the enemies without first talking to them ooc about it. Together, you can put together the best thing to do that won't cripple their rp, but will still give you a good sense of satisfiction and victory.

Talk to me before you do anything major! Before we rush off to burn down UC or poison their wells or whatever, take it with me. This is both to keep things under control, and to spread information properly. What good is burning down UC, if they never find out that it happened? Wink

That's pretty much it.. Just remember that we're all good friends ooc, and this will be fine.

Let's make this the best guild war SSL has ever seen!
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fighting the House-How To Empty Re: Fighting the House-How To

Post  Snicka Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:53 pm

The conflict between the House and the Heritage goes back to a long time - even before the Tivak-Chabat-Malicestorm plotline. One of Snicka's first contribution to the server's RP was spying on the House before Gahs's (old HoS leader's) funeral, suspecting a trap. There have been good and bad moments of RP during this conflict.
If the opposite side will fight just as fair as we do (OOC, of course - IC, I expect lot of scheming and dirty tricks from those zuska), and avoid power-roleplaying, then this will be an epic civil war!
To what Ryleen said above, I can only add that the most important thing you have to keep in mind is that while the House is our enemy in character, we have to remain friends out of character - don't let the IC hatred turn into OOC drama!
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:16 pm

We had our first ambush of a House member last night. Me and Gen'jin went looking for one that had agreed before hand to be our victim. We were later joined by Archnazg and Arsath. There was some fighting, all solved with well written emotes. Through the whole encounter we were grouped up and maintaining ooc communication, and I believe it was thanks to that things went as well as they did. Smile
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down