Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The arrival of Feró Ni'ush

+3
Zul'Ros
Ryleen
Feró
7 posters

Go down

The arrival of Feró Ni'ush Empty The arrival of Feró Ni'ush

Post  Feró Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Character name: Feró
Character race: (Forest) Troll
Character class: Death Knight, but IC a Witch Doctor (at least he does not refer to himself as a dead person.)
Character level: 58
Professions: Only First-Aid at the moment.

Why do you want to join us?: I heard of your good reputation, I know some of your members who seem pretty nice, I liked reading through these forums and I am very interested in the Horde-side of Roleplaying.

How often do you play WoW?: On a daily basis, but my main is on the Alliance-side, so I won't play this character as much.

Roleplaying experience: Tons of different things I've tried and done in RP, although the far majority on the Alliance-side. I can't be arsed (or remember) to them all, but I guess I have some experience.. I'm just still quite new to Troll RP though. I've done it before and one of my first encounters with RP was in a Troll-only guild on a different realm, but I'd still classify myself as a newbie to Troll RP.

Character history:
A wandering Witch Doctor, a follower of Mueh'zala.. the loa of death. Feró Ni'ush is a forest Troll who originates from somewhere near the Hinterlands. He did not quite agree with all the decisions and ways of Zul'jin, neither was he appreciated by everyone in the community for being slightly wicked.. so he became a lone traveler and left on his own rather than to be exiled.
Upon arrival on Kalimdor the stories of the Heritage of Zandalar had already reached his ears. He decided to seek them out and see if they were in need of another Witch Doctor, may it be a bit strange one.. Feró Ni'ush was eager to learn their ways, as it was they who founded the original traditions, he figured they must be wise. So he grabbed his with a skull adorned scepter and head off to search for an appropriate gift to their leader.

Notes: As I said, my main is from the Alliance (Feronius, a Nightelf Druid). So I will not be that active on this character, I just want to casually enjoy RP and hop by from time to time, if that's okay with you guys I'm happy to be part of the guild. If you'd rather not have a quite inactive member, then I can fully understand your decision.

Last edited by Feró on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Feró
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

The arrival of Feró Ni'ush Empty Re: The arrival of Feró Ni'ush

Post  Ryleen Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Sounds like a fairly good application. There are some things though.. Firstly. Are you playing a dk that you're simply pretending isn't dead but just for some other reason has strange voice, glowy eyes and all that? And secondly, the Zandalar trolls aren't part of the Darkspears. I suggest you either read the troll rp guide book (Click to download book), or do some reading on wowwiki.com Smile
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Feró Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Hehe, then I have misunderstood that bit. ^^

And I am RPing a Witch Doctor which simply kind of avoids the whole Death Knight discussion.. there might be rumours that he is a Death Walker, as is rumored to be the name of some undead Trolls, but he will generally avoid the whole subject of being dead a bit.
"Wha' ya be thinkin' mon? I be standin' here in front of ya talkin'.. I not be a ghost or ghoul mon!"

And yeah, I'll read up some more now first.
(And will probably edit that bit out of the application later.)

EDIT: I made a minor change now to get rid of my loreflaw and very nice guide btw Ryleen!

Feró
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zul'Ros Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:03 am

It's quite easy to distinguish a DK from any other troll.
If you cut a troll, he will bleed. A DK won't, since he's already dead, and his heart isn't beating.
The question is, will Feró bleed?
Zul'Ros
Zul'Ros
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:50 am

I'm happy that you like the guide. Smile And I don't see anything more that's wrong with the application. Be aware though that troll dks are probably the one race/class combo who has the hardest time getting into HoZ, from an ic view. Our more traditionally minded members feel very strongly about the living dead trolls.

Feel free to either show up at our guild meeting in Orgrimmar tonight, or arrange for a more private interview with me or one of the officers.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Feró Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 pm

I have a raid tonight I'm affraid, so I'll drop by some other time in the near future hopefully Wink

Feró
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:56 pm

If a troll Death Knight always wore goggles or some sort of helmet that covered his eyes then the other guild members might never suspect that he's dead.

As for the voice, do Death Knights need to breathe? If not, then they probably don't speak like living people using air pressure from the lungs. Perhaps some sort of magical effect is responsible for their eerie echoing voices. Surely a troll Death Knight could find a way to disguise their voice so that it sounds more normal. Perhaps by speaking very quietly. Or they could use magic to change their voice. In-game, a troll Death Knight could just use /s, but never use voiced emotes.

Are there any other signs that would reveal that a troll is a Death Knight?
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zul'Ros Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Undeads indeed don't have to breathe air (look at the Forsaken,most of them don't even have lungs anymore), but yet they do. Well, at least the animation is still there. The non-NPC DKs use voice patterns standard for their race, but all DK NPCs have that metallic voice, which suggests that it's still there for all the DKs, or at least should be. The glowing eyes seem like a minor problem to me. I mean, how many reasons can there be for a Witch Doctor to have his eyes glowing?

On the other hand, DKs are already dead, their hearts don't beat, they don't bleed, their body temperature is the same as that of the environment. If that won't reveal them, then i don't know what will.

Oh, and it's pretty much easy for druids, shamans and alike to sense their undeath anyway.

Last edited by Zul'Ros on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zul'Ros
Zul'Ros
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Well, witch doctors are just plain weird anyway. Who's to say some strange potion that he concocted to allow him to commune more closely with Mueh'zala didn't have some more interesting effects? Wink
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Feró Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 pm

I wear a voodoo mask, obviously ^^ which looks cool with glowing eyes.

And I like the fact I'm a DK most because of the greenish skin I picked, looks like a forest troll Smile even seems to have some mossy spots.

Feró
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gen'jin Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Ahh another follower of Mueh'zala. Gen'jin's patron Loas is also Mueh'zala Wink . Heh, was dificult to choose between the two loas who represent death Wink

Anyway, just just because ur in game Class is DK, i see no reason u can't play a living Witch doctor. I myself think of starting a Dk, just to make a Dark troll - new Dark skin -. Anyway, firstly you must know, that Mueh'zala, is the Bringer of dead. The Loa version of the "Grim reaper". secondly. the other Loa of dead is Samedi, and to him, Undead are strict taboo! however being able to raise the dead, is a well known vodoo feature in troll society. take Jindo the hexxar. I don't know how, and why some trolls go against samedi's wished, but again, maybe this is due to Mueh'zala? as the one who brings the soul to the realm of Samedi, i guess praying /bribing him will allow you to "keep" a soul in the living world, for a bit longer. Or maybe, raising the dead by voodoo has nothing to do with souls. as controling the empty shell the spirit leaves behind can't be too hard?

About the Glowing eyes : The Shadowhunter hero, of Warcraft 3 has such glowing eyes Smile
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Feró Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 pm

"They just not be ready mon, they be needin' a bit more time in the realm of da livin' ..unfinished jobs 'nd all mon!"

Anyway, I think I'll withdraw my application.
I'm still considering cutting down my playtime or quitting WoW when my study starts again, and I just don't want to shortly join the guild AND be inactive while doing that. However.. I'm still very interested in some fun casual Troll RP at the moment, so I hope you guys don't mind me hopping around Orgrimar or pherhaps peeking while you guys do some events.

Sorry and thanks for the time Smile but I think it's best for me to stay guildless for now.

Feró
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

you're also welcome at the Broken Keel Fero Wink
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:06 pm

Just curious... is this the Horde alt of the elven druid Feronius? (Yes, I'm pointing out the obvious...)
(Curious, Feronius, obvious - these three rhyme Very Happy)

Oh yes, I've just read the application's last paragraph. Razz
Still, clever adaptation of the elf name into a troll one. Very Happy
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: