Journey to the Vale

Go down

Journey to the Vale

Post  Rokalm on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 pm

It was a hot Durotar day, like usual. Even it was almost afternoon, Orgrimmar seemed empty and silent. With the hot and silent atmosphere, guards favored their laziness. A one's footstep could be heard from distance. A troll and an orcs chatting was the only noise that filled the whole Valley of Strenght. That noise will be soon interrupted by another orc, holding a paper in his right hand and quietly talking to himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"What a strange day it is." Rokalm thought. He glanced at the valley for a moment then turned his eyes to the paper again. He had been thinking about ways to prove himself to his new allies, as well as gather more information about them. He knew that his knowledge about trolls was extremely limited. He could go ask one of the trolls in the guild, but he wanted to do it himself.

"So these are the allies of the Heritage..." he thought. On the paper he was holding, there was a list of names that are allied with the Heritage. He reread all the names one by one while he was walking to the bank.

"Warsong Blades..." he mumbled. He was hostile to them at the first second he met one of the Blades... At least he considered them just a bunch of overraged orcs who should be bested as soon as possible. "There is a reason our brain is located inside our skull, not inside our fists." he said to himself then sat on ground.

"What to do... what to do?" he mumbled. He could have proved himself if anything worthy happened since he joined the Heritage. "Sometimes I want to hire someone to plot against me just for a change." he thought.

He could have handed the head of that pirate, but it was too late now as he was missing for a long time. He tried to track him down but even his pirates were lacking the knowledge of his whereabouts.

"I can strike that so called Dark Lord..." he thought. But he changed his mind. It would be too difficult for him to even to confront that Forsaken himself and no one in the Heritage would tolerate such... stupid act.

"I can find whatever remained from Snicka!" he thought. But after a second he quickly changed his mind. He remembered his past with him and quickly repelled that idea from his mind. Wasn't he responsible for his downfall even he aided him?

"There should be another way..." he thought. He glanced at the little spider on the ground which was trying to avoid the feet of the guards in the bank.

"The Loa!" he shouted. Guards turned and threw a sharp look to him. "Nothing... nothing at all." he said to guards and started to formulate a plan.

"If I can find anything valuable about these gods... maybe an artifact... or some place to interact with them..." He knew that Stranglethorn Vale is a troll haven, he could journey to there and find a tablet that would allow him to do.

He quickly stood up, preparing for his journey in the Stranglethorn Vale.

((Well this is the IC reason of me being absent in meetings for a long time. I'm bad at writing stories so please excuse my poor storytelling ^^ I'll continue this after I plan this out. Also I'm looking for ideas how to continue this so help will be much appreciated!))

Rokalm
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Journey to the Vale

Post  Ryleen on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 pm

I think it's a very nice little story Smile
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:54 am

Not bad at all Rok Smile

For info, your main problem is mixing past and present tense, but that's always the main difficulty for non-native speakers.

Is this linked to Zin's search for some tablets or is that something else?

Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:47 pm

This will be an interesting plot, Rokalm bringing back some relics from Zul'Gurub, perhaps? Smile
Even though it's just for explaining your absence...

Warlord

View user profile http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rokalm on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:39 pm

Vypra wrote:Not bad at all Rok Smile

For info, your main problem is mixing past and present tense, but that's always the main difficulty for non-native speakers.

Is this linked to Zin's search for some tablets or is that something else?

Yeay Vypra I tried use tenses quickly but it is difficult for me as you said. And no this is not linked to Zin's search for some tablets, this happened 2 weeks ago and Rokalm is missing since then.

Snicka wrote:This will be an interesting plot, Rokalm bringing back some relics from Zul'Gurub, perhaps? Smile
Even though it's just for explaining your absence...

Well I'll continue this plot if I can find a way to continue it that is ^^.

Rokalm
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rokalm on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:33 pm

"This one seems a bit different" he thought. He had been running around Lake Nazferiti for more clues about trolls and their history and he realized that the best way to understand them was their tablets. But unfortunately all the tablets he found were either broken or not readable at all. There were fine tablets, but for them he had to go inside Zul'Gurub, which he couldn't dare to.

He kneeled and cleaned the dirt on the tablet. It was a fist-sized artifact in perfect condition. All the others near it were broken but that one seemed like it came there not long ago. Rokalm eyed the tablet up and down and noticed there were little symbols on it. He quickly realized the sad truth that he cannot read any Troll languages. He dug the ground to pick up the tablet, hoping to bring it back to Heritage.

As soon as he picked the tablet up, he felt a cold feeling chilling to the bone. He quickly threw the tablet away. The feeling faded at the moment he threw the tablet, but he heard some whispers which he could not understand. He could not move for a while, trying to explain what just happened.

"I should bring this back to Heritage, maybe someone can explain what just happened" he thought. He grabbed a piece of cloth from his bag and wrapped the tablet with it. Placing the tablet in his bag, he started to run to Grom'gol Base Camp to go back to Orgrimmar.

((to be continued))
((Well my grammar sucks so I believe my stories have lots of mistakes in it, please help me correct them when possible))

Rokalm
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:35 pm

-several days later-

Ryleen woke up with a start. Still half submerged in her nightmare, she made a violent gesture towards the door, uttering a short spell.

Nothing happened.

The wave of frustration that came over her as she realised that made her want to set something on fire even more. With a groan she fell back on her bed and curled up under the blanket. This was torture. For a moment she wanted to hate Rokalm for ever picking that tablet up in the first place. But she knew it wasn't really his fault. He hadn't known better.

She opened one eye to peek out from under the blanket towards the door. It felt like someone was there in the room, watching her. It always did now, but there was never anyone there. With a sigh she turned around and tried to go back to sleep.

She was standing on a cliff in Stranglethorn Vale. Her hand still felt warm from the explosive spell she had used to blast open the chest of Barzovia and kill him. Way down below, his body had hit the water and disappeared out of sight.

Then she was standing alone in front of shadowy, unfriendly figures, trying to defend herself nad her actions, but no one was interested in hearing the truth.

She was lying on her back in the dry grass, watching the Barrens sun set and feeling her life drain away with her blood. She lay were she had landed when Tivak had defeated her, and she was certain now that no one would find her in time to save her.

She was hiding behind a small cluster of rocks. She could her the yells and unfriendly laughter of the ones who were chasing her. Tears burned in her eyes, as hot as the scorched Durotar dirt under her feet.

She kept reliving her memories. Faster and faster she went through them until it was all a blur. But one thing they all had in common; she was terrified. Mind-numbingly, paralysingly terrified. Powerless to change what was happening to her.

With a gasp, she woke up again. It felt like she hadn't slept at all, but also like she had been trapped in that nightmare for hours. This couldn't go on.. She was certain now that if they didn't find a way to lift the curse, she'd eventually go mad.
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rokalm on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:32 pm

The tablet was cursed.

From the moment he picked it up, he knew something bad was going to happen. But he could not resist it... He could not resist the urge to find more about the mysteries of Loa and this time, he thought he found something just what he needed. He had no idea where this would lead.

When he touched that tablet, something worse happened... Worse than the chilling feeling he had. He could not be able to realize it 'till he brought it back to Orgrimmar, to a meeting of Heritage.

He was cursed. On top of that, he made a bad mistake and made Ryleen to touch it. He remembered the frightened look of Ryleen when she saw what was written on the tablet. He had never seen her scared like that. He sat on ground started thinking about how to lift the curse. But he was sure that would be extremely difficult, as it wasn't a pirate, thief or some mad-minded Forsaken but a god's will itself.

"What have I done?" he asked himself.

((TBC))

Rokalm
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum