Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mahda's application

4 posters

Go down

Mahda's application Empty Mahda''s application

Post  Mahda Thu May 21, 2009 10:23 am

Character name*: Mahda
Character race*: Troll
Character class*: Rogue
Character level*: 21
Professions: Skinning & leather working
Why do you want to join us?*: I want to be in a Troll-themed RP group for some occasional interaction (hopefully incl. runs)
How often do you play WoW?: 5 times p.w.
Roleplaying experience: a bit
Character history: Mahda is a traveler who studies the various troll lineages on Azeroth. Mahda doesn't speak the Darkspear dialect but an urban lingo.
Notes: Roleplaying for me is in the first place playing in-character. Stories are secondary to me.
Mahda is pronounced Machda, as in German ich, Scottish loch, and Dutch lach Very Happy

Last edited by Mahda on Sun May 24, 2009 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Mahda
Mahda
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Mahda's application Empty Re: Mahda's application

Post  Vypra Thu May 21, 2009 12:14 pm

please don't take this the wrong way but i'm a little dubious about a troll (especially a darkspear) ending up in a human orphange.

The 1st encouter the darkspear had with humans was 9 years ago and i'd be interested to hear why a human would have taken an troll child with them rather than kill it. Or were you perhaps taken as a slave to work in the orphange?

A young troll would be -extremely- boisteruos and would likely scare the pants of a human child. An adult wouldn't be much better as at around 7 foot tall you would dwarf all but the tallest of the adult human males!

Again, i'm not knocking your ideas, but you'll most likely get asked these questions in game so it helps if you do have a good reason for them Smile

Otherwise, welcome to the forum and hope to see you in game soon Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Thu May 21, 2009 1:04 pm

I wanted to say exactly the same thing as Vypra.
Humans mostly treat trolls as monsters, and it is not very likely that they would raise them in an orphanage. They did use orcs as slaves - Thrall, for example, was raised by humans of Durnholde to be their slave -, so there's a chance they used trolls for the same purpose.
However, as Vypra said, the Darkspear lived on a remote island until recent times, so any adult troll's first encounter with humans would be at their teenage years. Other tribes, like those in Stranglethorn Vale and the Hinterlands, could have encountered humans earlier.
If you decide to change your backstory, I recommend you to read Ryleen's guide here: https://heritageofzandalar.forumotion.com/lorekeepin-f15/the-troll-rp-guide-t360.htm!
I don't want to discourage you at all, on the other hand, you are very welcome to the guild!

- Snicka, former leader of the Heritage of Zandalar -
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahda Fri May 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks for your comments!

Yeah, I see the point. Have to think about that - I basically wanted to try something different. I understand I can't divert from lore too much, but I don't think we should treat it as Holy Scripture. Ryleen's troll guide is excellent by the way.
Cheers!
Mahda
Mahda
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Sat May 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Sure, lore can be stretched to create a more interesting character. But bending it completely out of shape is perhaps not the best of ideas. I'm not sure what to think of your back story. I find it very hard to believe that humans would take in and raise a troll child. (Especially since said child probably could be a danger to the human children, even if by mistake)

I won't turn you down completely though. If you really have decided that this is the story you want, I'd like a longer version, which explains all the little things that currently looks like plot holes Smile
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahda Sun May 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Taking things in consideration, I withdraw my application. I think that, at the moment, my playing style doesn't fully match with what you want to accomplish. But be sure that I respect what you're doing and I hope to stay informed about your activities. In the meantime I will do some more troll lore studying Very Happy

Cheers and good luck...
Mahda
Mahda
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Sun May 24, 2009 10:26 pm

*hugs* all the best with your character development and hope to see you around. please try to stop at the Broken Keel from time to time (its open every tuesday and thursday in Ratchet from 21.30 server) if you want an informal way to meet up with ppl.
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahda Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 am

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea!
Mahda
Mahda
Headhunter

Back to top Go down