Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa

+2
Ryleen
Gen'jin
6 posters

Go down

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Empty Upcoming event: Calling of the loa

Post  Gen'jin Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:36 am

She should have seen it coming. although she never would have imagined it, she feels she should have seen it still. Zanick warms herself by the fire. The cold wind of Northrend is hars and drives most inside thier tents, but not her. Not Zanick. Though a blizzard clearly is aproaching, only one thing is on her mind: "What now?".

The Heritage of Zandalar, was formed, and is lead by Snicka, but is currently led by Zanick. Snicka has been missing for a long time now, and in his absence, Zanick has done a good job, keeping the heritage together. But now she has realized she canno't continue on her own. Though she is a good and vise leader , she would never be able to lead her bretherns spiritually. Snicka has almost achived loa status, among some of his followers, and is even looked upon the same way, as the Amani trolls look on Zul'jin, by many more. How could she ever compare? Now that Gul'zayne the Voodoo-master is Wounded, nearly dead, Zanick has realized, she needs more spirtually enlightend officers, who can advide her, and other trolls, in order to keep the heritage together, let alone Persuade more trolls to join thier cause.

Suddenly She feels a warm wind blow ner hear cheeck. She turns, but the only persons nearby are the guards, chatting near the tents. Zanick gets up and peers around the camp. an old habbit kicks in, as she inspects the camp for intruders, and soon find a set of mysterious foodprints, leading away from the camp. After she had followed the footprints for a while, she soon lost the trace, in the new-fallen snow. Zanick sighs, and gives up the chase, turns around, and begins the dull walk, back to the camp. But soon she realize she dosen't regonize, any of the sorrundings. Zanick is stunned, as she usually ain't the one to get lost, but calms herself down. The Blizzard seems to have changed direction, but a dense fog has replaced it.
"Damn I can't see a thing!"
Again, she feels a warm breeze at her cheeck, and a pressece nearby. She looks around, and spots a figure in the fog. She calls for the figure to identify itself, but it dissapears. She gives chase, and soon finds herself in a cave. The cave is dark. Part from glowing mushrooms, and a single crack in the celling, there is no light. the cave is warm and moisty, and she can hear fresh spring water, running through the cave.
She feels a pressence behind her, turns around and....

[OOC from heron]

Ahem, as some of you know, I like to have Gen'jin made a Shadowhunter, but as it is the highest tribal rank, I think it should not be Gen'jin requesting it, but Zanick( /the Tribe leader/elder) pointing him out for it.

Me And Zanick has already discussed the issue, and we have aggreed to give it some time, and discuss it later, and on the forum. We have already aggreed that Gul'zaynes Current state, is what leads to the decision that Gen'jin should be a Shadowhunter. the rest is yet unclear.

I have already myself planned the ritual itself, but evrything prior, has yet to be discussed.

What will mark Gen'jin as a Shadow hunter will be the "Defilers Mail pouldrons" aka. the classic Troll shoulderpads, worn by many Darkspear NPC, including Vol'jin, and during the ritual Gen'jin will make the Shoulderpads. Zanick will hold a speach, and there will be potion drinking, and dancing. Each potion will represent a shadowhunter loa. For isntance I have decided that "Swiftness Potion" Will represent Legba, the Loa of speed, and travel. and "Elixir of Detect Undead" will represent Same'di, who is the gravekeeper loa, so ofc he can help one find dead mons ^^

Creating the Shoulderpads, will require gathering of materials. First and most important: [Holy Spring Water] from the Nek'mani Wellspring in stranglethorn vale, subject of great conflict amongst religious and mystical scholars. Every race in Azeroth claims that the spring waters were made divine for their people, and of course trolls claims it has been blessed by the loas (most obvious since it is in troll land Very Happy)

Naga Explorers has reached the Sacred Well, and this is of course a great sin, in the eyes of the Trolls of Zandalar, and Gen'jins Task will be to, Slay the nagas; These vile creatures created not, by any gods, but by twisted arcane magic, and fill a bowl, with holy water from the spring.

The rest of the materials is 8 [Tribal Raptor Feathers], from the raptors of stranglethorn, and 2 peices of [Starwood] (The Best wood used by enchanters to make Wands). THese materials will be gathered by the other trolls present, at the event, while Gen'jin deals with the naga issue.

Well, this is my plan so far, if you have any ideas or objecktions, feel free to answer this Thread
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Empty Re: Upcoming event: Calling of the loa

Post  Ryleen Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:45 pm

This sounds like a great idea. I'll happily help out with it Smile
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:14 pm

i agree that rituals are too important to trolls for us to be without somebody to lead them.

I think, iirc, we also orginally wanted a master of voodoo and a master of lore so when Gul'zayne returns it shouldn't feel like he has lost out as he was doing 2 jobs all this time anyway Wink

I have already put some tribal raptor feathers in the guild bank for this ( there's also a few different types of skull now for those that are interested Wink ) and i can make pretty much any potion you might need on Vyp so i can help out as either character.

regarding Gen'jin's comment last night about Vyp (and no, i took no offence, as it is the truth), just bear in mind she's around 25 so she's older than a lot of the characters in the guild and her circumstances when she reached adulthood were such that she wanted to get as far away from Sen'jin village as possible. However, she never forgot the things she learned as a child and she's more than happy to give advice and her own (occasionally slightly odd) perspective on troll traditions Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Djinja Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:17 pm

This is good good good, let's do it soon ! Very Happy
Djinja
Djinja
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonzzo Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:16 am

Sounds great....lets sacrifice a goat Smile
Gonzzo
Gonzzo
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Empty Loa blessings

Post  Gen'jin Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Here's a bit info, about the Shadow hunter Loas (from Wowwiki).
Each Loa are to be represented by a Potion, Gen'jin will drink, during the Ceremony. (or some other act maybe). Not all the Loas has a Potion added yet, so feel free to come with ideas.

Loa blessings
The voodoo faith of the shadow hunter deals with beings they call the Loa. Supposedly, these spirits are mighty entities that grant the faithful extraordinary powers. By calling upon these voodoo spirits, the shadow hunter gains special blessings with which he can combat darkness and help those in need. The abilities granted vary according to the Loa the shadow hunter calls upon.

The Loas

Legba :"Swiftness Potion"
master of swift motion. Through him, the shadow hunter learns to bestow great speed and grace to his allies.

Lukou : "Elexir of Trolls blood or any other Elexir with same effect (must be consumeable for a lvl 68)"
is the Loa of healing and respite. She grants the shadow hunter the ability to heal his allies. With a word, the shadow hunter can invoke a scintillating rain of positive energy, which drops from the sky to heal all living allies it touches.

Samedi : "Elexir of Detect Undead"
is the Loa of cemeteries and the restful sleep of the dead. In Samedi’s eyes, the undead are abominations that should be destroyed. A shadow hunter with this ability may attempt to smite an undead with one normal melee attack. If the shadow hunter accidentally smites a creature that is not undead, the smite has no effect.

Shango : "undecided"
controls the realm of storms, and he guards the secrets of lightning and mayhem. By channeling the fury of this powerful and often unpredictable Loa, the shadow hunter can throw a lightning bolt that deals electrical damage.

Ogoun : "The best strenght boosting potion/elexir we can get, for a lvl 68"
the Loa of war, teaches the shadow hunter to place dire curses upon his enemies. The shadow hunter may change a single targeted individual into a frog. This ability functions like a mages polymorph spell except that it always turns the target into a frog.

Dambala: "The best Agility boosting potion/elexir we can get for a lvl 68"
the Loa of serpents and treachery, teaches the shadow hunter to move swiftly and quietly by changing his shape into that of a serpent

Last edited by Gen'jin on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 am

I suggest that a Healing, Rejuvenation or Troll's Blood potion should represent Lukou, as these all have healing effects. Ogoun should perhaps be represented by an Elixir of Lion's Strength, being a war loa; and Dambala should be represented by some Agility-boosting potion.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gen'jin Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanksa for your help Snicka. I have updated the List. Now only Shango remains. any ideas??
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Actually, for Damballa, i think there is a sneaking potion or something that could work...but i'm not sure if Vyp has that and you already have something. Shango is a tricky one. I've checked the list of potions, elixirs and flasks and have yet to find something that fits but i'll keep looking
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Isn't there any potion that represents storm or lightning or any stuff like that?
Maybe a mug of Stormstout. Wink
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:03 am

http://thottbot.com/i33866

Stormchop smoothie!
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:08 am

Ryleen wrote:http://thottbot.com/i33866

Stormchop smoothie!

Perfect, though not a potion. But excellent buff!
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:51 am

Funny thing with the buff is that it'll do tiny amounts of damage, nothing above 40 or so.. except against critters. Those will take up to 6k damage per bolt... Smile
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gen'jin Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:56 am

Hehe nice. well if anyone can make those, I'll say, we use them. else I been thinking on just Using a plus spell damage potion
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:24 am

Vyp can make those too Smile
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Empty The Event is finally there!!

Post  Gen'jin Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:50 am

As decided, the event is to be held at the 18/3-2009 at 20:00.
- All meet at Yojamba Isle

History:

Zanick, has watched Gen'jin for a long time, and is impressed. He has proven himself, as a wise, and cunning Witch doctor / shaman, and has shown Great potentiel. As (current) leader of the Heritage, she has a hight standing in the Darkspear hierarchy

(Note, that the Heritage has it's own ranks, and Shadowhunter is a tribal Rank in the Darkspear tribe, and I understand that Zanick is a Darkspear too).

She then gathered some of the Tribal elders, and told them about Gen'jin. The elders then decided, that Gen'jin was to be a Shadowhunter, and gave Zanick the task, to lead the ritual. Zanick was most pleased by the Elders decision. since having a shadowhuner among the ranks of the heritage of Zandalar might, lure more trolls. It would also make Gen'jin a more potentual Spritual advisor, for her and the others.

The ritual would normally had been held by an altar at Echo isles, but due to it's current circumstances, it can't. The Ritual is then moved to Yojamba Isle. The Trolls Of Zandalar, has aggreed to let the Darkspear trolls hold Gen'jins ritual on thier soil, and because Gen'jin is a member of the Heritage of Zandalar, they will also revere Gen'jin as a Shadowhunter of Zandalar, once the ritual is done.

Gen'jin has gathered all the needed ingredients for the ritual, but alas one piece, wich the Zandalar trolls should have been able to present is missing. The Holy Spring water from the Nek'mani wellspring.

Representants of diffrent troll tribe would often head for the sacred spring to fill sacred bowls, with it's water. should they meet trolls of a rival tribe, they would NOT attack eachother, since King Rastakhan has declared the springs site as part of Zandalar Isle, and therefore no trolls are to fight eachother there.

Now the Spring site has been overtaken by Naga Explores who denies the Trolls acces to the sacred spring water. This is of course a great sin, in the eyes of any troll, and the Zandalar trolls has declared that the spring must be retaken in the name of Zandalar, but allas none of the Tribes of Stranglethorn vale has succeded.

Now the Heritage of Zandalar has been apointed, this Sacred mission. The Heritage were too choose a champion, to take on the nagas, and Gen'jin took up the challenge. However, before he departed for stranglethorn vale, he atended a Guild meeting, where an orc named Haradar, whom had been invovled in a possible feud, between the heritage and an Allied guild, sought to Redeem himself, by offering himself as thier captive. The Trolls were baffled, by the orcs show of humble honor, and Gen'jin decided to let Haradar, take his place, in the upcoming Battle, against the Nagas, thus not only alowing Haradar, to Redeem Himself in a more Honorable way, but if he succeded he would also Strengthen the bond between orcs and trolls.

The Ritual:
Zanick will start the event by holding a short speach. (just tell why, Gen'jin has been chosen, and why she leads the ritual).

Gen'jin will Then Drink from various of bowls, each having it's content blessed by the Diffrent Shadowhunter loas (this has been done by the Zandalar trolls at Yojamba)

Now Empowered by the Might of the Loas, Gen'jin will then Create a set of shoulderpads, of Starwood and raptor feathers, from Jungle Raptors, all bathed in Sacred Spring water.

Once done, He will Equip the shoulderpads, and preform a ritual dance, to please the spirits, and Offering himself for the Loas

-------
How ya like it? Wink
Gen'jin
Gen'jin
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:06 am

(( great stuff Gen, looking forward to it Smile ))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:58 am

(( i was a little late due to rl stuff but i arrived in time for to catch the main part of the ritual:

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Image01050

Gen'jin calls to the Loa to hear his pledge

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Image01051

The Light of the Loa shines on Gen'jin as he swears to uphold the ways and traditions of the Zandalari.

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Image01052

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Image01053

After gathering the materials and and carefully assembling them, Gen'jin dons the sacred Pauldrons of the Shadowhunter.

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Image01054u

The Loa bless Gen'jin with the True Sight, marking him as a Shadowhunter

Upcoming event: Calling of the loa Image01055

Gen'jin leaves the sacred place, now a Master among the guild.

For those who aren't sure what i mean by a Master of the guild, see here: https://heritageofzandalar.forumotion.com/makin-de-heritage-better-f9/the-masters-t207.htm

I'm not sure which exact role will be Gen'jin's (Gul'zayne was filling both the Loremaster and voodoo master roles before his abscence) but at least you now have an idea. ))
Vypra
Vypra
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down