Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Face of Death (Gonzzo)

3 posters

Go down

The Face of Death (Gonzzo) Empty The Face of Death (Gonzzo)

Post  Gonzzo Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:52 pm

(Okay here's an ongoing thread...brought to you in part by the lonely island, Okkervil River, the Smiths and rice crispy squares)
(Two notes...excuse the spelling of names, and general grammar murdering, secondly Gonzzo speaks rather poshly in Troll...due to his education. but while talking to Orcs or Tauren he'll use de troll accent mon.)

Gonzzo sighs. However many times they kill the Corrupter it makes no difference, it always seems to return.
He turns to Zanick, still cleaning her knives....
'One step forward my friend..'
Zanick looks up from her knives, nodding, 'One step at a time Gon, we'll make sure this can never happen again.'
Nodding Gonzzo moves to where Skeen is feeding Spike..
'Ey mon, look what i be finding down dere..' Skeen flicks a silvery object towards Gonzzo.
Catching it from the air, he looks at the coin...and hisses.....
'Found you....'
Skeen raises his eyebrows
Sighing again...Gonzzo looks at Skeen...
'Perhaps it's time i explain....'
Skeen looks at Spike eating. the raptor tearing at a hunk of meat..
'I got da time if you got da mind mon.'

It had been 3 weeks since Zal'Enia and the hut had been reduced to ashes. Gonzzo was getting used to seeing the bottom of the cheapest alcoholic drink he could find. With his wife dead and the hut gone he had just walked in a daze...living from one bottle to another. In one of those lucid moments, when not drunk or in despair he realised he had walked from the Vale all the way up to the Barrens...but he didn't care.
In one of those more lucid moments he came across a trail of Orcs carrying lumber to the east...
'That sure is a load of wood you got there Orc..'
Looking him up and down, the lead Orc wrinkled his nose..
'We're finishing up work on the new city, Ogrimmar, our new home...though Troll. we could do without you stinking the place up..'
A thought came to Gonzzo...something which rarely happened much anymore....it actually hurt.
'Dis city, dere many dere...many Shaman?'
'Tch..Thrall is there, now be gone.'
The Orcs moved on towards the east...watching them go Gonzzo decided to follow at a distance, perhaps he could learn something about the face on the sword....perhaps Thrall would help him...perhaps.....

Gonzzo had been expecting something on the scale of Booty Bay, which to him seemed a veritable metropolis...but this.......
Ogrimmar loomed over everything, it was more than a new home....it signified the combined power of the Horde...
Staring at the windrider tower Gonzzo was nearly run over by a Tauren on a Kodo..
'Watch you toes Troll...hmph'
Wide eyed....thoughts of drink or pain blasted from his mind Gonzzo moved to an Orc sentry...
'Ey mon, where can a troll find da Warchief around here...?'
The Orc...much like the one out in the Barrens (in fact to Gonzzo's eyes the brutes all looked the same) wrinkled his nose and snorted
'Trolls like you aint gonna be seeing the Warchief...ever...now go back to your hole Troll.'
'Come on mon, dont be like dat....I need 'elp'
Baring his teeth the Orc smiled 'I can give you help Troll....of a permanent nature..'
Gonzzo backed off quickly...Orcs never change.

Later, sitting on the side of a platform built over a small pond, he considered his options.
He knew he could get lost in this...place. Let his despair take him over again and lead him to a blurry death...he was so tired..
so very tired..
Looking into the pool he saw a face he did not recognise...haggard, drawn....old. His tusks were yellowed and blunt.
He laughed...what would Zal' have said to such a mess...
With that thought anger returned...hot and sharp...like the taste of iron.
No...he would avenge his family, his wife....a growl slipped from his throat.
'Well I've seen a lot of angry trolls in my time...but ive yet to see such an abused troll, but at least you have a reason to be angry my friend..'
Gonzzo's head snapped around...he'd heard no one coming up behind him..
Behind him stood a Tauren, almost twice his height.
How in the name of the Loa can something that big sneak up on you, he wondered
'With practice my friend' The tauren let out something between a bray and a laugh.
'What you be wanting Tauren..?'
'Ah it is not what I want...but what you want, but please forgive my manners, I am Milochek Greymane, at your service.'
'Well Milocheck Greymane, I wants to be alone...so be a good Cow and move along eh?'
Laughing again, Greymane sat down next to Gonzzo
'Let me tell you something my smelly friend...there are two things you need...a bath...and a friend...I offer you both.'
and with that he pushed Gonzzo into the pool.

'Ey mon....what's dat got to do with da coin?' Skeen asked
Sighing Gonzzo replied 'This mark, this face is what started my journey...what lead me to become what i am...' Showing Skeen the coin, he continued 'If the fire is what started my journey, it was Milochek who pointed me in the right direction....and i shall never forgive him for it.'
'Well mon, we'll have to continue this anotha time eh?'
Spike had finished eating...it was time to leave. With one last look at the deamon's corpse..they left.

(Sorry about Missing others out...but remembering all the names exactly right...ach)
Gonzzo
Gonzzo
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

The Face of Death (Gonzzo) Empty Re: The Face of Death (Gonzzo)

Post  Zanick Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 am

Awesome, Gonzzo. I hope to hear more.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Djinja Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:31 am

KOOL Very Happy

Djinja / Skeen
Djinja
Djinja
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

The Face of Death (Gonzzo) Empty Part 2

Post  Gonzzo Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 pm

(Excuse the lateness of the post, exams (which i passed somehow) and broken screens have gotten in the way as of late..oh and congrats to Ry)

The others drifted off after the meeting, Zanick disappearing last as she struggled to get her raptor to behave..
'You see..' Gonzzo began, 'Thats why I always preferred Wolves...Orcs may use them, but at least they know how to behave ne?'
Ryleen looks at him Quizzically over the fire 'Whats that got to do with anything?'
'Oh nothing..' he mutters in response, sitting down by the fire.
'I'ma just gonna go to Ogrimma for a bit wan anytin?' Chabat asks
'Some flour for the bread would be good' Ryleen replies, smiling at the young troll.
'Be back soon' Smiling Chabat walks off in the direction of the city...

'I hear you had a rough time of it before you came to us'
'Ah' Gonzzo replies 'Skeen has been talking again I see...'
'Well you do have a habit of telling everyone you see about your tragic past' Ryleen points out
'Yes, well, Its hardly tragic if no one knows about it, Ne?'
'Hmm' was the only reply he got..
'Shall i continue my tale? Chabat will be back soon?'
'If you feel it necessary' Ryleen replied dreamily looking into the fire...

Now where did we end last time? Ahh yes, I was having a swim...

Good friends are hard to come by, when you've lost everything and all thats left is hate. Melochek seemed to prove the exception to that rule. After the the months of hardly knowing how to walk straight i was finally sober. If due in part only to Melochek hitting me everytime i got near anything alcoholic....

Ogrimmar was growing everyday, Gonzzo noticed. Huts were springing up all over the place, and you couldnt walk anywhere without tripping over goblins. Goblins with hammers, Goblins with saws, Goblins with bits of gnome...never ending.
'They seem to be having fun don't they' Melochek rumbled in amusement, sitting next to him by the lake.
'Dat dey do mon...wish me life could be so carefree ne?'
'Don't we all my three fingered friend, but life is rarely that simple.' Standing Melochek looked down on Gonzzo
'Now, it seems that the shaman would like a word with us.'
'Wat..now? afta all dis time me be here..now dey wanna talk?' Gonzzo looked up incredulously
'I...had a word with Bloodeye. He now would like to help..if possible.' Smiling Melochek began to walk towards what had begun to be known as the 'valley of wisdom', though why, Gonzzo could never figure out.

The hut smelt of incense, though beneath it was...something else. In the centre of the hut hunched an Orc of considerable age, long and white of beard. Nevertheless when he looked up his eyes, his eyes had power within them, and the promise of..something else, like the smell Gonzzo knew it but...couldnt put his finger on.....
'Soo...this is the Troll you spoke of Wanderer.' The Orcs voice was almost too low for the troll to hear
'Indeed Bloodeye, he has a sad story to tell...and he would desire help.'
Melochek motioned Gonzzo to stand before the Orc..still unsure of himself, Gonzzo looked at his Tauren friend for but a moment...before kneeling infront of the shaman.
'Wiz one, i be lookin for dem dat kill me mate an be burnin me ome..'
'Indeed young one..' placing his palm on Gonzzo's head...Bloodeye said 'Show me!'
Darkness fell...and then the pain started.

'I see young one'
Gonzzo blinked...what had happened..one minute he was kneeling, then...he looked up at the Shaman.
'Dat...dat never appen befo. De pain.....'
'It was a painful memory for you, as such retrieving it caused similar physical harm hmmm?' Bloodeye smiled benignly..shifting his gaze to Melochek standing behind Gonzzo.
'There is much within this one, we may be able to....help him. You chose well Wanderer.'
Gonzzo turned to Melochek 'Wha dat mean?'
'It means my dear friend, that you are one step closer to your goal...now show him that sword of yours.'
Nodding Gonzzo passed the blade to the Shaman, Bloodeye took it, carefully examining the demonic face inlaid in the grip
'I have seen this before my friend...once a long time ago...it is the mark of one of the demon hosts.' Sighing he handed the blade back. 'I have heard of humans, elves...who have succumbed to the lure of power given by one such as Sargeras..but why would they seek you out i wonder hmmm..'
'Me mate mon....she be..waz...special ne?'
'Ahhh yes...your mate. Such a tragic loss indeed.' Turning, the Orc shuffled off to where tablets were kept in the corner..
'Now let me see...I hear from...Melochek, yes?...I hear from Melochek that you are quite the avid reader yourself. Here is a missive i recieved from an Outrider not so long ago...She says that there are similar incidents to the one you showed me, ranging from Elf territory across the barrens. Only 2 others have been seen, yet they follow the same pattern. I didn't think anything of it...but now i shall petition Thrall on your behalf to have something done about this..hmmm?'
Relieved, and still confused from having the shaman in his head all Gonzzo could do was smile and thank Bloodeye profusely.
'I shall have words with my brother..A warlock. He will be able to help you more with that sword of yours..and you are quite welcome young one...quite welcome indeed.'

As made to leave the hut, Melochek whispered to Gonzzo
'I have matters to discuss with Bloodeye, would you kindly go home, I will see you later.'
Seeing no reason to do otherwise Gonzzo left, thanking the Shaman again for his help.
Outside, the troll still had a feeling that he was forgetting something...something important, but try as he might, he just couldnt remember what it was.
Gonzzo
Gonzzo
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

The Face of Death (Gonzzo) Empty Interlude I

Post  Gonzzo Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 pm

(seems im not gonna get my lappy back till next week..damn Easter holidays...so i'll just keep trying to catch up on what i can storywise. If it gets to boring just tell me...and i'll try not to retcon anything...)

INTERLUDE

The ball was in full swing, though to be honest everywhere he looked there were just Elves. It was bad enough with the Elves, but having to turn up in this ridiculous outfit....
'I think it makes you look....less goofy looking' Vincente says..before coughing up a piece of lung..
'Comin from a deadmon...dat not really elpin ne?'
'Dont you just want to burn those elves...bunch of stuck up....'
'Ey...remember what be appin last time you burn an elf, Doc? Me had to wipe you up off de floor ne? 7 times ne?'
'Yes, well...what exactly can they do to me..kill me?' A hacking cough overtakes him and he spits a bit of phlegm into his hand, spying maggots he mutters....'hmm early this year.'

From the corner where Gonzzo and Vincente are situated they can see nearly the whole floor..from the corner of his eye Gonzzo can see a paladin playing with a cat, interesting seeing as this was the Elf that frisked him for weapons as he came in..'So much for security' he mumbles in Trollish.

A short laugh catches his attention behind him, turning he sees a female troll...a female death knight?
'Oh...forgive me madam for not seeing you there.' Gonzzo says to her in troll.
'Hardly surprising with all this elf flesh around hmm?' She replies with a knowing smile
'Not really my thing...not blue enough ne?'
'Oh really. I see you have walked the same path as I'
'It would seem so....'

Vincente nearly coughs up a lung...'excuse me, but what are you babbling about?'
'Nufing mon..just sayin ello to de pretty lady.'
'Yes well...there's a tauren i dont like the look of over there..come scoop me up later yes?'
With that Vincente went up to the Tauren and started mooing at him
Turning to the female troll, Gonzzo says
'He may be a fool m'lady, but its never a dull moment with him...'
'So it would seem' she replied, giggling as, what appeared to be a bear, chased Vincente around the ballroom.

Bloodeye stared at Melochek...smiling slightly.
'I think you have chosen well, Wanderer. His thirst for vengence makes him..easily maleable.
Melochek smiled. 'Indeed. You can see I have already a method of controlling him.'
'Yes..clever. No one would ever suspect...still I have reservations...'
The Tauren's eyes narrowed at the Orc

'Oh you do...do you? Remember who you are dealing with Orc...the master does not suffer fools lightly.'
'Of course. but there is so much at stake...Old races and the new....I am, not sure if the time is right yet.'
Melochek grabbed the orc by his shoulders, lifting him up as so to stare face to face with him...The tauren's eyes changed from their natural black to a fiery red.

'You will not question my decisions. The master has left me in charge while he turns his mind to other things. This Troll is the key, he will free the master once and for all...otherwise death will be the only thing you crave. Do...you....understand....me..'

Hesitantly the once great Bloodeye nodded to Melocheck, 'Y-yes, yes i understand Wanderer.'
Showing a row of most un tauren like teeth, Melochek smiled. 'Good' he said, placing the now shivering Orc back on the ground.

'Now, tell me about these Burning Blade idiots you have been in contact with.....'

'.....And thats what i would do to the bastard if i ever caught him again.' the female Troll finished...hunger glinting in her eyes.
'Then it sounds reasonable why he does not wish to be found..' Shivering, Gonzzo regards the other Death knight with a fondness he hasnt felt in a long time.
'Anyway...i have gnomes to kill so i must be off.' Flashing a vicious smile, the troll starts to leave the ballroom.
'Ah yes, Well...I hope to see you again. Forgive me, but I dont know your name.'
'Oh...' She replied turning slightly..'You dont do you?' Flashing another smile, the troll walks away.
Gonzzo is left to watch her leave...not sure what to think, and trying to stop watching the swaying of her hips.
Gonzzo sighs, and walks off in an attempt to find what is left of Vincente
'Doctors should know better' he mumbles

END OF INTERLUDE
Gonzzo
Gonzzo
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonzzo Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:43 pm

And that was it...
As I've said im letting Gonzzo go into Hibernation for a while...
Reading back through this, its probably for the best :p
Gonzzo
Gonzzo
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum