Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family

Post  Gonzzo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 am

Gonzzo stares at the ashes of the fire...
The hut was empty, it had been only two days since he had been welcomed into the Heritage.
Hunching down, he etches circles in the ash, thinking.

'Are they wise, to trust one such as I?' He asks the ash as it shifts and contorts, his mind forming patterns..
He understands the trepidation they have in accepting him into their family...it was not so long ago that he would have shared their feelings.

A fleeting image of his wife, her braided hair flowing around her neck as she worked on a group of silver rings...she did enjoy making figures and rings for the village women and children....

He sighs

He still blames himself for her death. The draconian inscription had just been to enticing, too.....ancient. In the end, it had been nothing but an ode to the wonders of felweed....

He expects to feel pain, but as he has learned...since the change....there is nothing. Nothing but an icy rage.

With a sweep of his arm a handful of ash gets thrown into the air....and another image flows up from the depths

She smiles, 'I understand, my love.'
Gonzzo nods and smiles, she always does understand. This could be the find of his life, shedding light on the past like no other. It isn't often that such a find turns up at the auction house in Stranglevale..
Yet still he worries...Zal'enia's sleep has been sparse of late. Her dreams plagued with visions so disturbing, she refuses to speak of them.
'I will try to be quick my love.'
Zal'enia just smiles again...
He turns to leave

Gonzzo rushes into the clearing. Ash lies like snow around what little is left of the hut which has been his home for the past few years, ever since the tribe decided that his wife was not...normal.
Wide eyed, he starts to shout his wife's name...there is only the dull crackling of cooling wood. Not even insects remain.
He runs to the hut but has to retreat due to the lingering heat.
Panicked he looks around...there is nothing, just blackness. Even the trees and the plants are covered in black soot.
His breathe comes in short, sharp gasps...
A glint of silver catches his eye in the black. As he moves towards it, he sees the area beyond the sword is somehow cleaner than the surroundings..as if something stood had there watching the destruction. Reaching down, Gonzzo finds a sword..just a common sword. It seems to be of those kind created by the dwarfs for the humans. He never understood the Human's hatred for his kind, nor did he feel any towards them..he just pitied their ignorance.
Picking up the blade, Gonzzo notices..a face engraved in the blade, near the hand guard..a face of pure hatred.
Stunned, he drops the blade.
He turns back to the ruins of his hut.
He has lost the one thing he had
He has lost the one person he loved
Now there is nothing
Nothing but rage

He sighs...
Such a long time ago....a lifetime ago in fact.
He has relived that night many times, yet in all this time he has come no closer to discovering the truth behind his wife's death..
His hatred and rage lead him away from the truth, it lead him to...Him. He was consumed.

Now he has a new family...it was made clear to him that the others would need time, time to forgive him, to trust him.
Smiling he remembers the hunter Skeen...so like his old friend Iggy Twotusks...straight forward and friendly.
Gonzzo's eyes flicker as he remembers the last time he saw Iggy....his sacrifice.
The words whispered to him by Gen'jin that night just past:
'Any funny business mon, and i be seeing an end to you...personally.'
He wonders if that is even possible...with the abomination he has become. Would Sam'edi even welcome him? Star clearly doubts this...and he would be one to agree with her.
Ryleen, Star, Chabat, so much like Zal'enia yet so different. Women of power...
Ryleen sharing her worries about her husband...lost in Northrend.
Gonzzo knows He is in Northrend...he has felt the call many times...the pull of his old master.
He will return soon, but only to remove that monster's head from his shoulders. Perhaps he should search for his missing brothers..
He nods, yes...family is important...without it we are nothing.
But what of his wife....

There is a noise outside the hut...Gonzzo flicks his eyes up sensing another presence. Since the change he can only see the world in shades of grey, with the exception being the aura of those living. Through the walls of the hut he sees a pair of Trolls walking to the hut.
Hissing he wipes the patterns from the ash, opens a portal and leaves.

(and so that is my first attempt at...err whatever it is. If you think this is okay, i may work towards a story arc revolving around Gonzzo's search for the truth)
Gonzzo
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Family

Post  Vypra on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 am

(( very nice background slice. you give us some good clues about your past and present without going into horrendous detail. *wishes more people would write background stories this way* Wink

also... *beams proudly about being called a wo-mon of power* Very Happy ))

Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 am

((yeah, a very nice introduction to the character Smile ))
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Djinja on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:23 pm

This is a nice backstory and well written too. Because you are a DK I guess there's a definite "before and after" aspect which will add to the possibilities of the plot, could almost be two stories in one. As our only DK the field is clear for you to develop..........enjoy Very Happy

Djinja/Skeen
Djinja
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonzzo on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:48 pm

(Thanks for the kind replies....I kinda have a whole plan going on here.
If i may, I'm going to start a side story of a different character, which...due to characterization issues
((which will become apparent...wait can you use double brackets?)) is not a troll but will be dealing greatly with troll matters and such...
Once i sort out a decent backstory and have settled into the guild and the rp side of things, ill see if i can do a crossover, but this is all up in the air naturally at the moment. I intend to write a part every other week, so one for Gonzzo and one for, cough, Drezden ((yeah yeah i know)) depending on the week. But I'll work solely on Gonz for a while. That story is mostly done in my head.

So, yeah, thanks for the kind words....and hopefully next time i wont be writing after 4 hours of solicitors accounts..god the present tense gave me a headache. Smile )
Gonzzo
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top