Some ideas . . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some ideas . . .

Post  Zanick on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:27 pm

I would like to organise some simple events that we can do on a regular basis that combine some RP with a fun activity. The sort of thing I'm thinking of can be summarised by the folowing -

Guidelines for Events:

1. Must be something FUN
2. Should be open to as wide a range of levels as possible
3. Should be as visible to others as possible
4. Should not take much time (typically one hour or less)

The aim will be to get the Heritage of Zandalar noticed, to get people to realise we are a guild that regularly holds fun events, to get trolls to want to join our guild, and to raise our profile amongst the RP guilds within the Horde.

Here are a couple of suggestions to start the ball rolling -

Event Idea no.1 - Fight Night

What? - An informal evening of unarmed combat troll-style!
When? - Every week on two-day evening starting around 9. (server time)
Where? - In the field at Jaggedswine Farm just outside the main gate of Orgrimmar.
. . . and once we've worked up a decent thirst, we can fly down to Ratchet for a few drinks at the Broken Keel.

Event Idea no.2 - Barrens Patrol

What? - A patrol around the Barrens to reinforce the dominance of the Horde.
When? - Every week on four-day evening starting at 9. (server time)
Where? - Starting at the Crossroads.

We'll go on mounts if everyone has them; otherwise, we'll walk, with a few mounted outriders. The exact patrol route will depend on how much time people have. For example, we could go west, help Regthar Deathgate by fighting a few centaurs, then head south to Camp Taurajo, dealing with any troublesome centaurs or quillboar along the way. We'll finish by heading along the road to Ratchet for a few drinks at the Broken Keel.

The rules of engagement will be:
- If we see any Alliance Outrunners, we'll kill them.
- If any Alliance attack a Horde outpost, then we'll rush there and deal with them.
- If any Horde adventurer asks for protection while they complete a quest, then we may help them for a bit.
- If any troll asks about joining our guild, then we'll stop and talk to them.

So . . . tell me what you think. Good idea? Bad idea? Will this sort of thing help us get more recruits to join our guild? How will Djinja react to being beaten by Zanick in a bare-knuckle fight? How scared will the Alliance gankers be when a gang of the Heritage come charging into the Crossroads?

All feedback will be gratefully received.
Zanick
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some ideas . . .

Post  Ryleen on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:46 am

It sounds like fun Smile And I agree that we need to do more things as a guild. Except for the meetings, I rarely find myself rping with my own guild, and it shouldn't be that way.
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 am

Both excellent idea Zan. Unfortunatly, li'l Chabat won't really be a part (mainly because i run the Keel on both those nights...but partly becuase fist-fights aren't really her thing;) ), although, i'll try to have her take her turn at patrolling from time-to-time if i can get Deathy to keep on having his troll character open up the Keel for me Smile

Its also something we can mention as part of any pact we decide to join with other guilds...and maybe we can suggest others do the same in their territories?
Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torschka on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:03 pm

I think it sounds like a great idea! That's even something for my asocial, fighting troll to take part of, and it would get our rep up by helping people in Barrens. Maybe even the Alliance would think twice about attacking next time. A great idea, I say!
Torschka
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djinja on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Djinja is soaking his knuckles in vinegar Very Happy
Djinja
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:39 am

I support both ideas pretty much!
If you keep coming up with such ideas, the Heritage will certainly be in good hands when you take the leadership, Zanick.
Also, if you get bored of patrolling the Barrens, you can look for other territories. Give help to our brethren in Shadoprey Village by defending them from the Magram/Gelkis and the demons of Mannoroc Coven. Or visit the Zandalari in Yojamba, and help them fight Hakkar's followers, the Bloodscalp. Or you can help gathering voodoo supplies for the trolls in Malaka'jin. There are lots of locations that a band of trolls would patrol.

Last edited by Snicka on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ideas)

Warlord

View user profile http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Out of interest, did anybody turn up for the fight night on Tuesday? I did ride past rocktusk farm about 21.00 server time but didn't see anybody.

And are we doing the patrol tonight? If so, i can do half an hour before i have to swap to Vyp.
Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 pm

Nope. The Fight Night will start next week (Tuesday 14th October) unless, of course, others would prefer it to be on a different day.

The Barrens Patrol will begin today!
Zanick
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:38 am

I'm sorry, I forgot all about it. But I saw you when you stopped by the Keel. Did you have fun? Also, Speatus suggested to me ooc that perhaps we could do our patrols together with his guild, since they also patrol the barrens. Has he talked to you about that yet, Zan?
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:54 am

Oh, thats not a bad idea. Speatus did ask Vyp if she knew where Snicka was but i suggested he try the meeting, so Cato might turn up on monday.

(on a side note, i also /w him to let him know we have been trying to find Jimar and apparently Cato is looking for him too so another thing to ask him should he turn up, but i'll try have Vyp mention it to somebody).
Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djinja on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:53 pm

With the guild meeting at Sen'jin on Monday and Fight Night on Teusday and Patrol on Thursday, how about using the Guild Information panel to list the times and places of these events; because some people visit the forums less frequently than others and may not know what is going on.

At the moment the GI panel gives information about the guild bank, but that can be replicated on the information panel at the bank.

Vypra's nights on duty at The Broken Keel could also be mentioned and maybe the fact that Outsiders wishing promotion to Kindred need to attend a ceremony at Sen'jin.

The first patrol was great fun and could become a way of raising our profile among the Darkspear, gaining new blood and irritating the Alliance......double joy Laughing

Taz'dingo
Djinja
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 am

I've made a post on wearelegion to advertise this:

http://wearelegion.forumakers.com/latest-from-ssl-f6/rp-event-fight-night-t545.htm

please add any comments you think might boost interest Smile
Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top