Farewell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Farewell

Post  Snicka on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Dear members of the Heritage of Zandalar,
After a lot of hesitation and thinking over, I have finally decided to quit World of Warcraft for a long time - probably forever. I know that it might sound like a shock for you, but I have good reasons why I am doing so.
First of all, my time is limited. You have to admit that this game is extremely time-consuming. I have only two years from my school now, and it means I have to begin working on my dissertation (yes, writing a dissertation of biology takes two years), aside from being present on my basic classes. I also began working on a new play with my theatre group, which I am going to direct, and it will also consume a lot of time and energy of mine. And when I have some free time, I'd like to meet my real life friends.
As a result, I already log in only occasionally. And when I'm logging in, I realize that I'm not enjoying the game that much anymore that I used to. I used to like questing and exploring areas, but now I find it dull, monotone and boring. PvP is something I'm not really enjoying - I simply don't have the skill, and the horrible lag on my computer isn't helping either. Instances can be interesting, but looking for an instance group is more than an hour, usually; and if there's one less talented group member, we can get wiped too easily. Also, I don't often have three-four free hours to go to an instance. This way, I even don't think about raiding - which I never tried.
The only thing I still enjoy is roleplaying; but it often happens that the people I want to roleplay with are not online. Or, on the other hand, if there's a "premade" RP event, real life can "interfere". It sometimes happened that I cancelled a real life event for an RP meeting, which I regretted; on the other hand, I sometimes have to skip my very own guild meetings because I'm busy on monday night (which will be the case tonight). As you see, leading a guild - or two guilds - this way is too much for me.
The third thing, of course, is money. Even though I can afford the game, paying for something I'm not enjoying isn't a wise thing; and WotLK will also cost a lot of money when it comes out. The new, interesting content of the expansion pack isn't attractive enough to hold me back.
I have to admit that I'll miss you a lot. You are all great people, playing with whom is a fantastic experience; so is chatting about real life issues. Even though I've met none of you IRL (except for Bwangoo), I think of you as my friends. Leaving you alone is not easy. However, I feel I need a change now.
Of course, instead of simply disappearing misteriously, I will give explanation for my characters' disappearance. As for Snicka, I've already contacted Shadowtroll who'll "take care" of him; I don't want to tell details yet, but you'll learn everything in time. I'll donate Snicka's gold to the HoZ guild bank.
About the Heritage of Zandalar, I'm not worried; I know it will be in good hands. I'll pass the leadership (both IC and OOC) to Zanick, and ask her to promote someone to her second-in-command. I don't think my absense will stop the guild from working. I'm a bit less secure about the Heritage of Zul'jin; I'll pass the leadership OOC to somebody, then you can agree what you're going to do with the guild - disband it, or promote a leader and keep causing havoc in the name of Zul'jin.
However, even if you won't see me in-game, I won't totally disappear; I'll still write on this forum, as well as WeAreLegion, sometimes.
I hope you understand me. I wish you good luck, and a great game experience in the future!
Ernő, a.k.a. Snicka and Jintonick (and Dobanga and Ghaargh and Gizzlesprock)

Warlord

View user profile http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Farewell

Post  Stargaazer on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:47 pm

Sorry to hear that But the real life always have to come first. I am glad that you will keep on hanging here on the forum. Good luck with the school and everything else.

Best wishes Stargaazer (Emil)

Stargaazer
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vypra on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 pm

I'm sorry to see you go Snicka i've really enjoyed rp-ing with you and i'm so glad i joined the heritage with Chabat (just wish i'd done it sooner).

I have to say, i've sorted expected this from little things you've said recently and the fact you have put it off this long says you've thought long and hard about it before making this desicion.

All i can do is echo Star: RL > all.

Good luck, have fun and see you round the forums Smile
Vypra
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Farewell to a friend

Post  Zanick on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Snicka, several of us suspected for some time that you might leave us soon. All of us were hoping that we were wrong and that you wouldn't leave. I'm sure that I speak for many many people when I say that you will be very greatly missed.

I completely understand that you need to leave WoW for a considerable time. As Stargaazer said, real life comes first. I wish you the best of luck with your theatre production and with your studies. I'm sure that both will be great successes.

I hope that, when you have a quiet moment over the coming months, you will spare a thought for all of your troll (and non-troll) friends in Azeroth and perhaps you will find some time to log into the forum and let us know how you are getting on.

Zanick
(A young troll scout who you welcomed into the guild more than a year ago)
Zanick
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:33 am

There's not much I can say that the others haven't said already. I'm sad that you're leaving, but it's not really a surprise. And with Zan, the Heritage is in good hands and I'm sure it'll still be there if you ever decide to come back. Smile
Ryleen
Headhunter

View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Snicka, I'll always hold you in high regard. Not just for being my first rp guild leader, the fact that Lyranne has always felt at home within the Heritage, or any of that. It's because you gave me a chance - You remember how noobish I was when Lyranne and Snicka met (I used Smile in /s Embarassed ) I was that new to rp, but you gave me those simple pointers that have shaped my experience of the game, and changed it for the better. You rescued me from the tedium of PvP and PuGs insisting my +healing was too low. Because of that, I met all the wonderful people in the RP community, I've grown as a person because I can talk to people, all because of you.

You... Took a chance on me.
If you change your mind,
I'm the first in line.
Honey, I'm still free,
take a chance on me.

Yes, I ABBArolled you, Dobbin.

Last edited by Lyranne on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lyranne
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Smile
Guys, I have to admit you almost made me cry. It feels great to hear your kind words.
I know that I'll feel a little bit empty for a time. I was your leader and friend for such a long time; you were like a family for me. We had so much adventures, laughter and drama together while we have grown form a group of random trolls to a great roleplaying community. I'm proud of you, really.
But as you all said... real life comes first.
Good luck with your adventures in Azeroth, Outland, and soon Northrend. Never forget the true spirit of being a troll. Long live the Heritage of Zandalar!
I love you, I love you all.

Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Djinja on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Good luck to you Snicka, I wish you all the best.
Djinja.
Djinja
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimar on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:54 am

Good luck to you, mate. Have a good one. It's too bad Snicka and Jimar didn't have much time together, but the time we did have was great.

As Jimar would say...

"Spirits be wit ya, mon. Embrace da Voodoo."

- Jimar
Jimar
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torschka on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Goodbye, Snicka. And take acre of yourself.

I wish you the best of luck! And I'm gonna miss you loads.

And your the only IC reason for playing Torschka, so I guess she'll fade away slowly.

Goodbye, my friend!

Torschka.
Torschka
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:17 pm

I've written the IC explanation of Snicka's disappearance. The thread is called Airship Crash, you can find it in Troll Tales.
Again, I had an excellent time RP-ing with you. Thank you!

Warlord

Back to top Go down

I'm too darned late....

Post  Gorico on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:28 pm

I saw this only today, as perhaps some of you noticed, I've been away for sometime.

Anyway, Snicka, I didn't know you, like at all. But what I've seen from you, You're an awesome guy, and I'll regret that I didn't know my Guild Leader any better. If you read this or not, It'll feel like I at least gave a bit of respect to you. Good luck with whatever you're doing after Wow.
/salute
Gorico
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top