Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riju the Tanner

4 posters

Go down

Riju the Tanner Empty Riju the Tanner

Post  Zanick Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 pm

[In-character part]

We usually have a lot of leather and hides in our guild bank. Because they often stay in the bank for several months there is a risk that they may deteriorate. So I have employed a part-time storeskeeper. His name is Riju the Tanner and he is an old troll leatherworker who lives in Orgrimmar.

His job is to take care of any stacks of leather or hide that have been in the bank for a long time. He will keep them in good condition by frequent oiling with neatsfoot oil to keep them supple and ensure that they last a long time. He will also guard against the dreaded red rot. The leather and hides will be kept in Riju's locked store on the upper floors of Soran's Leather & Steel Armoury near the Durotar Gate in Orgrimmar.

Riju is not a guild member, but a worker employed by the guild. He is paid a few silver each week to supplement his income from leatherworking. This arrangement ensures that he has enough to buy food, beer and a pouch of good tobacco each week. And we get some expert help to maintain our stocks.

Riju does not have access to our guild bank account directly. The orc bankers will not allow anyone without the proper proof of guild membership to gain access anyway. Every week I will ask Riju help me to check what we have stored there and I will withdraw any items that we want him to look after. Riju is known amongst the elders of the Darkspear tribe for being trustworthy and reliable. In any case, he is far too scared of me to risk doing anything dishonest. He is also discreet, so he won't go telling others about what he has seen in our guild bank.

All of the items that Riju is looking after will be listed in the logbook kept in the guild bank account. If you need any of these items then contact me and I will get Riju to send them to you.

Zanick, Guild Treasurer

Last edited by Zanick on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Riju the Tanner Empty . . . now Riju the Storeskeeper

Post  Zanick Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:45 pm

[Out-of-character part]

We want to keep all of the leather and hides from the guild bank until our leatherworkers need them. But we are running out of space in the guild bank. So, I have created a low level character (Riju) to hold them for us. This gives us 28 free bank slots in his account.

The list of what he has is on the Info Tab of the Guild Bank. If you need any of these items, contact me and I will send them to you (of course, this may take a short while).

Zanick, Guild Treasurer
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Riju the Tanner Empty Re: Riju the Tanner

Post  Snicka Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:53 pm

It was a clever idea, Zanick. Banker alts are often used by many players, and making one for the whole guild is fine.
Although why don't you invite him to the guild? As being a Whelp, he would have access to the guild bank and withdraw the leather in there.
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanick Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:42 am

Maybe, but as a whelp he will have access to only one stack per day. So he would still need another player's help to withdraw excess items.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Riju the Tanner Empty Update

Post  Zanick Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:28 am

Due to the huge amounts of leather and hides that have been accumulated by certain guild members (Tanuuka, have you gone skinning-crazy? Do some leather-working, mon!), I have arranged for our storeskeeper to get some additional storage space.

Riju now have 60 slots in which to store leather and hides. This is already two-thirds full!

Because he is only experienced in the right way to store leather and hides, he will not look after any other types of item, at the moment. If we have a lot of other items that won't fit in our guild bank account, like dragon scales, silithid shells, claws and other animal parts, for instance, I will have to think of some other ways to store them.

Zanick
Guild Treasurer
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 am

Also, we might not have to store -everything-, do we? I mean, common withe drops like "sharp claw"? Plus, I saw some white gear in the first tab. I'm wondering if we even should store greens in there.

And I will again mention my idea of having another tab. Then we could have one for those mats that take a lot of space, herbs, cloth and such things, and put potions, gear, recipes and things like that in the other. As we have seen, mats will very quickly take up a lot of space, while the other things might be more interesting, such as recipes to use the mats in.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Logiclly, I should have sent the Knothide leather scraps to Whrae ( and any other scraps for that matter ), so he could make them into usable leather, but such is my - often foolish - way, I forgot to. *blush* It would certainly help free up space.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:11 pm

(The post above was the 800th on these fourms Smile )
When I'm back to the game, I'm ready to use up all the Knothide Leathers and Heavy Knothide Leathers we have in the bank, because I want to improve my Leatherworking skills; and if I'm doing something useful with that, it's even better. Wink
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Then I shall leave it to you, Snicka, seeing as Whrae gets nowt from improving leather.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum