Heritage of Zandalar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karazhan revisited

+5
Barzovia
Lyranne
Snicka
Ryleen
Zanick
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Karazhan revisited - Page 2 Empty Re: Karazhan revisited

Post  Lyranne Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Well, yesterdays run was the best I've seen, and all three healers hail from this very Tribe! This is great, as it mean we have the skill to keep a raid going, with no wipes. It was the best runs I've had ( save me dying a few times through bad timing on my part ), and I'm not just saying that because i finally have a plate helm. No, it was great to have so many of those I RP with, or am in the same Guild as, there at the same time. Gando knows how well he did, as he's been there enough times already ( from what I could tell ), Ryleen did brilliantly, as did Vjoll, though like Gando, they'd been there before. As I said in one of my channels, that was the least number of GWT's I've seen on a GWT raid run. Just Chow, Garv and, um... some alts ( including me, but still ). I hope it was fun for you, Ryleen, and I look forward to seeing any more from our reputable Tribe heading there.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryleen Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 pm

It was a lot of fun. I'm really happy I got invited to come. Smile I look forward to going there again.
Ryleen
Ryleen
Headhunter

http://aldriona.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barzovia Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Did you take any bosses? Any good drops? (First time I went I got 2 T4 pieces Neutral )
Barzovia
Barzovia
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/user/keithmintage

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 am

It was a perfect run pretty much, Barz. I got my Rhino helm tier piece, Ryleen got the Witches Hat on the first night, and over the whole instance, not one wipe.The group we run with have a simple system based on how you'd deal with 5-mans - need if you need - which I think helps immensely ( it also means that Lyranne is pretty much fully epic, so if I want to improve my gear, I'm going to have to start thinking about other raids ).

It was nice to be able to go to a raid, beat it so completely, and be amongst friends.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Barzovia Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:08 pm

I bet, can't say I have any experience there though. I got kicked from my friends guild in Kara because I complained about the off-tank being a arms specced warrior Razz

I had to tank those mana-voidwalker-looking creatures - as a healer Razz
Barzovia
Barzovia
Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/user/keithmintage

Back to top Go down

Post  Deras Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Deras has respeced back to resto, Probably never going to ba happy with any of the druid specs at end game, but what can i do... not a lot

Deras
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 am

Well, the group I usually go with has a Protection Warrior, and a Protection Paladin. The fact they're mostly a good bunch helps immensely. More than mostly a good bunch, they keep the raid from being stuffy and formal, so it's a nice, relaxed atmosphere.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 am

Deras wrote:Deras has respeced back to resto, Probably never going to ba happy with any of the druid specs at end game, but what can i do... not a lot

Gah, I know you're away fro a week, so this won't get a reply from you anytime soon. Have you seen the Druid talent trees for WotLK? Feral especially looks set to become very fun. Feral charge in cat form just seems great, and so too is the 51 point talent.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Karazhan revisited - Page 2 Empty Guild run early in August

Post  Zanick Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Who is interested in a guild run to the Tower of Karazhan this week? (i.e. maybe starting on Thursday 7th August)

I would like to organise a group of Heritage of Zandalar members, with Greywolves (or others) to fill in the gaps. We've been talking about it for some time, and I know that many of our members have already ventured inside with other groups. Now it's time to do a proper RP guild run.

Because some of us will be new to Karazhan, I expect that we will need to try a few times in one night just to get a decent way into the Tower. Let's try it and see how it goes, combining the fun of RP with the excitement and rewards of battle!

Who would like to join me?

PS I don't want to be the raid leader, by the way. We need someone experienced in Karazhan to do that job.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:26 am

Tomorrow is awkward as it's when the GWT raid is, which means that between the two, there'd possibly be a shortage of healers and tanks. However, I don't know if they've filled their ranks for it, so it may be best to check there and see who're down. One typical problem for me is that Lyranne is in no fit state to go there IC, though I was to get around that by taking Whraenyyr (not the main reason, as it's more bacause she has everything she can get from there really). Unless of course the run is earlier in the day, in which case I can take Lyranne for that, and go to the GWT one with Whrae (Yes, I enjoy Kara enough to go there twice in one day - I'd gladly go there everyday over any random heroic you care to mention).

Hmm, just checked, and it seems they currently lack a healer, though as the two there are me and Vjoll, we can probably manage with just us two, and have an extra dps. In regards to being a Heritage run, there'll be me, Vjoll, and Nénya, so it's a good start (best we've had was me, Vjoll, Gando and Ryleen on the same run).
Check http://www.greywolf.webfire.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1115.0 and whisper Hinun about a possible place. You'll have to register there, but it's certainly the best way to get into Kara with a good group of friendly people, and be amongst fellow Heritage members.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Stargaazer Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:37 pm

I would love to do a Kara run with the guild but.
Today 7th of August is a bad day for me and second Star is to low level but if we do it later on she might be lvl 70 or I could come with Walya.

Stargaazer
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:51 pm

From what I've heard, you can actually get into Kara from level 65+, and I know of at least one shaman who went in below level 70 and got some good gear reay for when they did evntually get there.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Karazhan revisited - Page 2 Empty Guild run to Karazhan on 13th August?

Post  Zanick Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 pm

As mentioned in the guild meeting yesterday, we are going to try to make a guild run to Karazhan starting at 8pm (server time) on Wednesday 13th August (that's tomorrow!). This will be our first real attempt to see how many Heritage members, or members of allied guilds such as the Greywolves, we can get interested in a run into Karazhan.

Anyone who can make it please try to be on-line by 8pm and let the other guild members know.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:11 pm

I'll be online, and as always, if needed, I'm there.
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Karazhan revisited - Page 2 Empty Raid report for 13th August

Post  Zanick Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:34 am

Well, we finally did it. As far as I know, this was our first run to Karazhan with (mostly) guild members!

And despite the unrelenting prophecies of disaster from a certain undead doom-merchant (the grumpy but undeniably powerful Forsaken priest Zaxin) we did really well for our first attempt. We defeated Midnight, Moroes and the Maiden before several members of the raid needed to leave us. Afterwards Zaxin grudgingly said that he was impressed that we got that far, and he says that we can surely go even further.

We were fortunate to have the aid of General Yrjial Stormscream of the Ashen Order. We also recruited two Sin'dorei: Hunab, a hunter from Doomhammer's Legacy, and a paladin called Dreamfly (surely not his real name?). All three of these 'guests' asked to be invited when we venture inside the Tower again. So it seems we must have made a favourable impression. Thanks again to all three and Zaxin for their help.

We were short on DPS power, to be honest. No doubt this is mainly due to my own poor skills at PvE and my inexperience at being Raid Leader. Great credit goes to Stargaazer, though, who bravely joined the raid, even though she has not yet reached level 70. Ryleen gets the prize for best DPS.

Even so, we killed three bosses at the first attempt and without a single wipe! That is pretty impressive.

So, just for the record, the full line-up for this momentous event was: Dreamfly and Yrjial taking the brunt of the attack; Ryleen, Gul'zayne, Stargaazer, Hunab (& his pet) and myself doing the damage; and Lyranne, Deras and Zaxin providing the all-important healing.

We intend that a (mostly) guild expedition will return to the Tower of Kara'asan very soon, to delve even more deeply into the dark magicks of this mysterious place.

Zanick
Primal of the Guild
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Snicka Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:16 pm

So you finally did it! That's great. I'll be back tomorrow from my diplomacy trip to the Zandalari trolls (actually, my vacation), and I'm eager to join you on the next run!
Snicka
Snicka
Warlord

http://heritageofzuljin.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:19 pm

The DPS could have been better if Deras had gone with Than (seeing as we had our lowest level healer doing dps, which wasn't ideal), and also if Dreamfly hadn't used Salvation on everyone but himself and me, obviously forgeting both Paladins got the same buff, so I gained aggro far too easily - he also shouldn't have used The Blessing of Sanctuary on himself, simply because he wasn't taking enough damage, which meant he went OOM far too quickly. For those who don't know, Paladins get 10% of the health restored back as mana, so we need to actually take a decent amount of damage to stay fighting.
It did puzzle me how I got aggro on Morroes so quickly then realised that I leap-frogged everyone with Salvation and healed to oblivion (took all of three heals, I think). But other than that, yeah, it was fine, and we can be proud. But please people, if you want some basic enchanting, I can do it for free with my, or your own, mats. You rogues can benefit from +12 agility on your cloak, and +24 attack power on your gloves and wrists, so whisper me if you ever want them (also Restore mana Prime for the shamans, and Exceptional stats for chestpieces - though the latter's not cheap).
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Karazhan revisited - Page 2 Empty Karazhan again anyone?

Post  Zanick Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Who is interested in venturing into Karazhan tomorrow evening (Wednesday 3rd September) or the day after (Thursday 4th September)?

The grumpy old Forsaken priest, Zaxin, who joined us a few weeks ago, is keen to come along again as a healer.

Post here or contact me in-game if you're interested.
Zanick
Zanick
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Stargaazer Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:55 pm

I would love to go on thursday. Can't tomorrow wednesday.

Stargaazer
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:03 pm

I was about to say I'm saved, then realised that it reset a few hours ago. So, um... I can come with either Whare or Lyranne, though as Thursday is the GWT night, it might not be a bad idea to maybe make it a joint venture?

Last edited by Lyranne on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Stargaazer Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm

And this time I am sure I can heal. Since I have gotten better Gear and on sunday I was in Kara with a PuG as a healer and it went well.

Stargaazer
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyranne Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:27 pm

As today is the raiding nogth for the Gwt (as stated in my last reply), and they seem to be shy a few signups anyway. So depending what happens, I'll make sure they know you want to go (seeing as they have at least one tank willing to go, most of the hard work is sorted).
Lyranne
Lyranne
Headhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2