Deras' story

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Deras' story

Post  Deras on Tue May 27, 2008 12:10 am

The Night Elf had been asleep for nearly a week, dealing with what ever mission she had been sent on, during that time, the guard of her physical body stood watch, being at Moonglade there was very few dangers, but still his duties did not just stay with guarding, he also had to care to her body, which he did so, but during that time he was not doing much but standing guard, Deras ran his mind over a few things, the most important two where the fact that Shey had returned and that Tova was pregnant. He had loved Shey, but over the time that she had begone, the love and the loss faded then almost dissappered, besides he loved Tova more than he had ever loved anyone, added to that she now carried their child, something she had told him before he had left for Moonglade and his guard duty, and to say he was thrilled was an understatement, he was excited. The week passed slowly, but soon, it the week came to an end, and the Night Elf stirred, and finaly woke up about eight days later.
“Brother Druid, come with me, we have to talk with the Druid elders.” She said in her musical tone. Deras said nothing but fell in behind her and walked close to her.

The conversation with the druid elders took a few hours, they spoke not in the tongue of the druids but rather in the language of the Kaldorei, the black Tauren could not follow the talk of the druids but from the gestures, body language and also the tone of the voice. Finally the two druids finished talking, and they turned to the silent sentinel near to the door
“Brother Druid, you may have this day to yourself, return here on the morning, your duty will continue then.” With a quick bow Deras turned and headed out of the door. He would return in the morning, but he wanted to spend what time he had with his family

Deras
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deras on Tue May 27, 2008 12:12 am

He returned to Moonglade early in the morning, the dew soaked grass filled his nostrals and the sun began to peek over the mountain wall, it had been still dark when he had left Tova and his tent to continue his duty as protector of the Night Elf druid, he entered the large room where she waited, also was a high druid with in the Cenarion Circle, they both turned and greeted him with a warm smile
“Brother Deras, we have to send Yilrinia back into the Emerald Dream, but it must be close to an Emerald Portal, we believe the easiest one will be the portal in Feralas”
“Feralas, I take it there will be others to aid with the guarding of the Dreamer?”
Asked Deras
“There will be no additional guards, there will be only you, do you think that you will not be up to this?” asked the Elder Druid
“I will guard her, but I feel that others will be needed as well as me, but I bow to your wisdom”
“Good, now you leave immediately.” With that the Elder druid turned and left the room leaving Deras and Yilrinia standing there for a few moments, before they to turned and left.

Deras was unhappy about the situation but kept it to himself, he did once try to talk with the female druid but she did not want to listen to him about his concern about her safety. It took many hours of travel down to the spot in Feralas, both druids where tired as there was few places that excepted both Tauren and Night Elf with out being hostile to one or the other, they had not flown so that they would not be separated and thus have a small problem of finding each other. The cave that they entered was close to the south edge of the Dream Bough, but it was too close to some of the more viscous denizens of Feralas, the yeti’s were not to far to the south, the harpies to the north west, and more worryingly was the dragonkin to the north. The first few days were quiet, very quiet Deras did not have to worry about the denizens, but it was towards the fifth day that things turned sour, first a few bears decided that they wanted to move into the cave, the druid told them to leave, and had to pointedly make them leave, and so they did. It was later that the Yeti’s came down to the cave, Deras had to fight them off, unfortunately, the pack was a fairly large one, and it took a few hours to fight them off. Soon everything in Feralas it seemed came to that cave, even a few Alliance found them, and not understanding what was going on, they attacked, Deras fought back, and eventually drove them off, the druid was lucky in that the cave was narrow and had a sharp bend in it, almost at the entry. It was late in the evening when they retuned and again they were beaten back, but this time they had marked and cut Deras, fortunately his healing arts came in use, during the night many things entered the cave, and every time the large black Tauren pushed them back out or killed them if they pushed too hard, it was on the morning of the second day that Deras was able to send a message to the druids of Moonglade, he also was able to get snatches of sleep when he was able to. Again during the day things attacked, not just the denizens of the land, but also passing Alliance who thought a lone Tauren was easy prey, but that idea was soon battered out of them, but he was tired, he had gotten no more than a few hours sleep in total, he had been awake for almost sixteen hours out of the past twenty four. He was tired and drained, yet he would not give up, if he gave up, it would mean he would die, if he died then the Dreamer would be killed, also Tova would be devastated by his death, the child would not have a father, and Basslar would have to continue the role of Elder Druid, the worst would be the fact that he probably wouldn’t be discovered for a few days, or how ever long it would take for the message to get to Moonglade, if it ever did. It was then that he heard voices, several voices could be heard, taking up his stave, Deras focused and took on the form of the Moonkin and prepaired to make another stand, he saw the shadows play on the bend in the cave, and then they stopped
“Ho there Brother, may we enter?” came a tauren voice
“Ho Brothers please come in and make yourself at home” Deras said with a sigh of relief. The pair entered the cave, the Tauren was big, bigger than the aging druid, with him was a Kaldorei, slim and lithe.
“Your message was received, we came as quickly as we could, and it seems just in time, you look dead, go home Brother Deras, we will take over here”
“Thank you.” He said wearily, he slumped his shoulders, and walked out the cave, activating his Hearthstone he headed home to Thunder Bluff. Deras headed up to the meeting place, although sleep dragged at his bones and his mind he kept himself awake and joined the tribe.

Deras
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deras on Tue May 27, 2008 12:15 am

He looked round, the demons had closed in on him, and his small group, two trolls, a mage and a rogue, an orc in full plate armour his sword held in two hands and a Sindorei knight were ahead, the Druid lagged behind, his tree form slowing him down, but still his healing was increased in this form, the Orc warrior charged forwards into the nearest Demon sending it down with great sweeps of his great blade, the mage followed up by unleashing a storm of arcane energies, the troll rogue had crept up and began to slice into the back of a demon, Deras started healing those whos wounds needed healing quickly, only the paladin held back, even with the tree of life healing his partners the Orc was over powered and soon killed, the troll rogue was also quickly swarmed under and then killed, only the mage, the blood knight and the druid. The mage unleased a barrage of fire, arcane and frost magic, some of the demons fell, but a few made it though the barrage of magic and killed the mage, a blade ripped though her robes, blood spewed from the large gash to her side. A few demons turned to face the Sindorei, and a few others turned towards the tree, the Blood Knight shimmered with a force just before activating his hearthstone, muttering a few choice words Deras shimmered back to his normal form and prepared to fight the demons.
“Son of mine, a time has come for thee to change thy path, take up they form of the tree, mine power will infuse you.”
Deras never questioned the voice, he took up the form of the tree, but now something, was different, the druid was glowing with the energy of nature, it was then that he burst out of the tree, the form he had now taken was that of the powerful Moonkin, the last two remaining demons turned to face this new threat, Deras turned the power of the Balance, onto the demons, one was killed in a matter of moments in an arcane explosion, the last one now enraged found that not only had he found his feet entangled by a massive amount thorns it found that it was being attacked by a swarm of biting and stinging insects, now it was being hit by bolts of green nature blasts, soon the demon fell.
“Thou must learn the full power of thine newest form, I have placed thee upon this path for reasons only known to me, thoust will take this form of the power of the Balance over the form of the path of Restoration and thy canst not reclame it until my task for thee is complete” spoke the voice of the Spirit of Nature. Deras understood that he would not be the healer he once was, but now would be a caster, similar to that of Hinun.

Deras
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deras on Tue May 27, 2008 12:16 am

The studies had finished, and all the students at Nighthaven were going about their chores. Deras, with out much to do found a quiet spot out of the way and decided to get a little rest, so with a quick glance about he lent against a tree and dozed of to sleep.
“My son” came a familiar voice “Our time together is now coming to a close”
“But I have done nothing of what you wanted” the druid responded
“But thou hast, thou hast planted the seeds of rebirth and set in motion the wheel of life again”
“So that’s it then? Nothing left for me to do now?”
“Nothing my son, there will be others of mine children that will come forth and aid me, but your part is now over, before I depart, I have a single gift for you”
Deras could feel the Spirit of Nature leave him, but as it did so e could feel aches and pains fade, he could feel his body being rejuvenated, but he felt a hole inside, that was until two familiar and loving faces appeared in his mind and the hole was now filled with love, the love he felt for his family, for Tova and Kiala and for the unborn child Tova was carrying, letting out a sigh Deras felt relived rather than scared, no long was the fate of a world on his shoulders, a burden he no longer carried, and because of that he no long felt as though he was carrying a huge weight on his shoulders, to Deras it didn’t matter if it was the fate of a world or not, that’s how it seemed to him.

He wasn’t sure of how much rest he had gotten but he was awoken when he heard laughing and shouting, the laughter was shrill and full of bitterness, rising to his feet, he felt an energy he hadn’t felt for a long time, he made his way over to the sound for the noise, and there before him was a small group of students standing at the bottom of a tree looking up, shouting abuse and laughing at something up the tree, following the student gaze the tauren saw a single small female tauren clinging to a thick branch of the tree. The students continued to jeer and laugh at the lone figure up the tree, that was until the shadow of the druid fell over them, they quickly stopped laughing and jeering and turned around.
“It seems you three need to work out some energy, I want all three of you to run around the edge of Moonglade, off you go and do try and cheat, because I will find out” Deras said in a firm and level tone of voice
“H…Help I…I can’t get d…down…” screamed the taurette up the tree. Wasting no time Deras blurred into the form of a cat and scaled the tree to the branch, blurring again he shape shifted back to his normal form.
“Come climb on my back and ill get us down” the young female did as she was told and gingerly crawled across the branch to Deras and climbed on his back “Now hold on” he told her. Holding onto the trunk of the tree he lept out from the branch and swung round the large tree trunk before sliding down, using his hooves as breaks when he got close to the bottom
“Th..thank you sir”
“Your welcome, may I ask, what where you doing up that tree?” he asked in a soft tone
“I…I had finished my choirs for the evening and I…I like looking at bird nests” she quickly looks at the older Druid before adding quickly “I don’t disturb them” Deras said nothing but smiled, he looked at her
“What is your name?”
“Lynia sir”
“Please, call me Deras rather than sir” he smiled softly at Lynia, her fur was snow white, her horns, because of her age, were little more than nubs protruding from her head, she was still quiet small, not yet fully grown, and her eyes were pale blue, almost white. It was then that Deras felt the stickiness and wetness on his hands, looking down he could see his hands had been cut and grazed badly by the tree back, Stupid old bull, should have worn gloves… the thought to himself. He hadn’t noticed Lynia approach the older druid, it was only when she let out a gasp that he knew she was standing almost in front of him
“W…was that my fault?” she asked, looking quite nervous about it
“No it was mine, I should have worn gloves, no matter, ill get them healed”
“Let me.” She closed her eyes and concentrated, Deras could feel warmth and knew what it was, she was healing him, his hands stopped aching and stinging and the wounds healed slowly, then they were gone, and not even a scar was left
“Most impressive you have quiet the talent for the healing arts Lynia” She looked at him and smiled then quickly blushed. Deras let out a hearty chuckle “It is nothing to be embarrassed about, we all are better at one thing than another, it’s only natural”
“That nice to know” she replied softly “I’m terrible at shape shifting, I ether forget something or simply pop out of it” she shaid so quietly the black furred tauren almost missed it
“Perhaps one day I will introduce you to a good friend of mine, he is almost exactly the same as you.” Her eyes widened and she relaxed
“That would be…nice” she said. The pair continued to converse when one of the three returned, he was slightly winded.
“Was that a full lap you did?” Deras asked
“Yes it was” replied the youth, anger sounded in every word, it was at that moment when a squirrel leapt onto the older druids should and chattered into his ear
“Well, according to my friend here you didn’t do a full lap” Deras replied calmly
It was then that the other two truged back, out of breath and perspiring heavily, one was a red furred tauren the other a lithe Kaldorei,
“You two can go, and let that be a lesson to you” they nodded wearily and trudged up the road to Nighthaven. The other youth was furious he clenched his fist and then swung at the black tauren, unfortunatlyt for the youth, Deras was one step ahead of him and blurred, the punch connected, but it wasn’t with flesh and fur but with was against bark and wood, the youth yelped in pain and the treent blurred and changed back to Deras. One of the other trainers at Nighthaven came rushing down
“Right I saw what you did, you where on you’r final warning, your going home” said the Kaldorei to the young tauren male
“Wait a minute brother” Deras said to the Kaldorei in the laungauge of the druids “Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the punishment is for the trainer that the student struck” the other looked back and just nodded “Good, now tell me your name?” he asked of the young tauren who had tried to hit him
“Tarnel”
“Well Tarnel, im going to give you your punishment, and your going to do it to the best of your abilities, your going to be Lyria’s servant, to do what ever she asks, from carrying her books to simply talking to her, if she comes to harm, from you or another student you will be going home, if you don’t do this, you will be going home. Is that understood?” The small gathering looked at Deras as if he were mad “This is my punishment to you Tarnel, don’t like it? Well tough, and it will last one lunar month”
Tarnel glared angrily at the black furred druid but said nothing.
“Brother” the Kaldorie said, why that?”
“They both have roles to for fill, and most likely they will be together when they do it, I was just getting the ball rolling”

Deras
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deras on Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 am

Deras had never known who his parents were or why they abandoned him in a thick thorn patch. If it hadn’t been for the kindness of a Tauren hunter he may of even died there.
The hunter had no child of his own and his wife had died only a few years before he had found Deras but even so the hunter raised the youngster as his own son. As time passed the young tauren grew, and his fur and horns started to darken until they where completely black, the work that the old hunter gave to Deras meant he grew strong, he also became very proficient at skinning animals his farther caught and killed, Deras learned how to turn the skins of animals into armour and other useful items. What startled the hunter the most was his adopted sons wisdom, Deras had a knack for stopping fights before they started just by words, the hunter had seen this happen once, it had started by accident, Deras coolly walked over to the two Taurens that were about to start fighting and told them that there fight could and would lead to a tribal war on a vast scale that it would be more of a tauren civil war, that stopped the males in their tracks, they both apologized and went their separate ways. Deras had a way with not only other people but with animals as well, often a small bird would perch on one of the young taurens horns, or a deer would be sat lying at his feet as Deras sat beneath a tree. It was on a bright clear day that the wolf attacked the hunter and his son, it burst out of the undergrowth with such speed and force that it knocked the old tauren off of is feet, its yellow eyes fixed on the young tauren
“Old mother, we mean you know harm” Deras said with a calmness that shocked the hunter, the wolf growled at Deras
“We are sorry we did not mean to be this close to your young ones, we will move away. Come farther lets leave the Old mother to her cubs.”
With a shocked look on his face the hunter rose to his feet and walked away
“My son, did you really understand what the wolf said to you?”
“Yes father.” Deras replied simply
“Then I believe you are not suit to the way of the hunter, you care too much for the animals to want to kill them. Is that not so my son?”
“It is my father I do not wish to harm any living thing.”
“then you shall meet an old friend of mine who will show you another way to live.”
With that the pair went back to their small village.
It was a few days later that the old friend came to the village
“Greetings Faran, and to you too Deras, we have much to discus my old friend.”
“Indeed we do Thalarn”
The three taurens entered the tent that the father and son owned, after what seemed like hours a decision had be reached, Deras was to enter training as a druid.

During the years that passed, Deras became stronger, not only in physical strength but also in the ways of the druid, it was near the end of Deras’ training that Thalarn went to him and said
“Deras your time here is now over, it is time for you to go into the world outside Moonglade and use the skills that you have learnt here. Without a word the druid Deras rose and went to his room to pack what little he had and went to the wind rider mounted on a Wyrvin and left Moonglade. During the long flight Deras’ thoughts turned to his father, he had not seen him in many years, Deras knew he was alive as Thalarn often went to the hunter for leather or other news. Deras reached the city of Thunder Bluff but did not stay, instead he changed form into that of a sleek cat and ran at a much faster speed than his normal form would of carried him, he arrived only a few hours later at his village, to find that it was now a burning ruin of tents, and in the middle of what was once the village was the hunter Horan, in his back were a dozen arrow shafts and a dagger, bodies lay everywhere and nothing moved save for the scavengers. Using some of the skills that his father had taught him Deras saw that there were foot prints, all varying sizes, some were small, others larger but lighter, the druid knew what had happened here, a raid, by the alliance. Changing his form once more the druid took on the form of a lion and stalked of after his prey. It was night time when the tauren found his quarry, they had made a small camp with only a single fire, Deras made a quick count, five of them, he could take them whilst they slept, he waited. It was nearly midnight when the cat rose and crept to the sleeping people, slowly the druid approached the first sleeping body it was a gnome, very small and slight, the sharp teeth of the cat sunk into the neck, the little gnome let out a scream then died, the scream woke the remaining four. A human started to chant something, the cat shimmered in to that of a taruen then changed again into a huge bear the chanting stopped when the huge paw slammed into his head, sending the mage flying though the air. The third was a dwarf, he picked up a gun a started to blast at the bear, the druid shrugged off the shots as he approached the hunter a wolf charged out of the darkness, the dwarf let a cheer and started to smile. Deras did not want to hurt this wolf as it was only doing as it was told, so shifting back into his tauren form Deras cast a spell that would put the wolf to sleep. With the wolf asleep the dwarfs grin disappeared,he started cursing the druid even as a massive bolt of light energy hit him, that was three, two more were missing, a twig snapped just behind Deras, turning he saw a knife rise out of the darkness, damn, he thought how had this one gotten so close, but the knife suddenly dropped the floor and the rogue died, when the rogue died behind her he saw a large orc carrying a huge axe
“Well met my friend, you should be more careful when there are rogues about.”
Thank you for your assistance, may I ask as to your name?”
“I am Orannis Vulshock, I am looking for more people to join my Firesong Legion. Will you join us?”
“I will Orannis, I swear allegiance to you.”
Many years passed after Deras had gotten his revenge, he had become a warrior druid, in the time he was a member of the legion he fought in many battles, acting many times as a scout of the army that followed, to start with the Druid revelled in battle, but it was the massacres that started to open the eyes of the now aging Deras. Still Deras fought on.

It was the latest raid plan that the Druid decided to leave the Firesong Legion, it was a plan to attack the city of Stormwind and kill the human leader.
“My old friend this course of action will solve nothing, if anything it will make matters worse.”
“My visions do not lie Deras, they have shown that this man will be a massive threat to all Horde.”
“That maybe, but if we kill him, his successor could be even worse, he may even send a reprisal attack against Ogrimmar or even Thunder Bluff, I will have no part of this, and besides I am old, I wish that I had never gone to get revenge on those that killed my father, even if he was only my father by adoption. I wish peace in my life now my friend but I wish you luck. May the earth mother protect you.”
With that Deras left the Firesong Legion he was tired of the fight and the bloodshed, he did say that he wanted peace, so he decided that the warrior way would not be open to him any more, he focused his energies on that of healing instead.
((this one should have been first, but I forgot it ^^))

Deras
Headhunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum